Zoners give Roy Williams time, he has bruised ribs! Give it a chance first!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Zoners roy williams has bruised ribs, for gosh sakes, give it some time. Let me tell you, bruised ribs arent fun. You cant breathe, every step you take is torture. Give roy williams some time.

I remember some of you were down on miles austin, now that austin is healthy look at what he is doing. Just give roy some time.

Even ex cowboys all pro CB Larry Brown said its pure torture and pain to have bruised ribs, every step you take, you cant breathe. So, just imagine trying to play with that kind of pain.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Joe, Cowboys fans will write someone off quick.

You think Miles Austin would be in the position he is in today if it were left up to the fans?

Heck Romo wouldn't even be here.

Roy will have a big game eventually and people will have to find something else to complain about.

Right now my only beef is penalties. We still haven't fixed this problem and we will never get where we want to go if this issue isn't fixed.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
CATCH17;3037163 said:

You think Miles Austin would be in the position he is in today if it were left up to the fans?

Roy will have a big game eventually and people will have to find something else to complain about.

Right now my only beef is penalties. We still haven't fixed this problem and we will never get where we want to go if this issue isn't fixed.

totally agree catch

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I think it's only a matter of time with Roy. IMO, he's been playing well below what he's capable of. Barring injuries, the three headed monster at running back, and the offense playing up to its potential, I think this offense very well be unstoppable in the near future. At least, that is what I hope.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

After the pre-season, there were A LOT of folks, on the forum anyway, that felt that Austin could/should be the starter. He had a great pre-season that was discounted by others as a result of going up against 3rd team scrubs. Hmmm

Primetime42

Reaction score
If Zoners had their way, Miles Austin would be tearing it up for the New York Jets right now.

Rue!!!

superpunk

Reaction score
EPL0c0;3037230 said:

After the pre-season, there were A LOT of folks, on the forum anyway, that felt that Austin could/should be the starter. He had a great pre-season that was discounted by others as a result of going up against 3rd team scrubs. Hmmm

People have been excited about him for about three offseasons, and it's finally paying off. The point is that there is a large portion of our fan base that wrote him off as naught more than Randall Williams, and were hoping that the Jets would match his RFA tender so that we could have gotten a second round pick for him.

Cowboys fans are impatient and stupid, which is why they can't tolerate Roy Williams' pedestrian entry into Dallas.

I'm as frustrated as anyone with it - but I have a hunch it doesn't last. Defenses are going to start being scared of Austin. Then Roy heals up and starts getting in a rhythm? Look out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
EPL0c0;3037230 said:

In all honesty Austin probably beat Patrick Crayton out a year ago in Preseason/Training camp.

We just didn't get him on the field enough.

He went off against Green Bay last year and we decided not to get him involved in the gameplan after that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Zoners or "fans" had their way? We'd be starting Kitna and Ogletree and Sam Hurd and the injury prone Miles Austin would be IR. Barber would be traded for a 4th round pick, who knows where Romo would be. Give it some time fellas. For the sake of the bandwith this site uses give it some time lol. Roy's gonna be alright.

fannypack

Sweet Squirrel
Reaction score
CATCH17;3037163 said:

I agree that penalties are a big issue and are correctable (Pre-Snap) but just letting you know that many of last years playoff teams were some of the most penalized in the league.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
This is Roy Williams 6th year in the NFL.

How many years does it take to blossom? He has the talent. But something's just not right with him.

People wanted to write his inconsistency off to being in Detroit (I was hoping that was it), but with each passing game, he looks more and more like an average player.

When you're making $9M/year, and your team gives up a #1 & a #3 to get you, you better produce. And as someone noted in another thread, Miles Austin has produced in 2 weeks what it's taken Williams a year to produce in Dallas.

Williams will probably have a good game here or there and have some fans crowing that he just needed time, but the sad truth is that it's becoming evident he wasn't worth anywhere near 2 high draft picks, nor the huge contract he got.

RS12

Reaction score
Has he had bruised ribs for the last year? I asked yesterday and nobody had an answer, why is he the only receiver Romo throws to, who is never where he is supposed to be, when he is supposed to be? Jerry got taken to the cleaners on the trade. Period. Jerry paid for lobster and got a stale bologna sandwich.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
"No Chance for you" - signed the fan ****'s

soupnazi.jpg

Roy will be fine.... and you will root for him. Fist pumping, screaming at the tv and stuff..... fo'shizzle

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3037153 said:
Zoners roy williams has bruised ribs, for gosh sakes, give it some time. Let me tell you, bruised ribs arent fun. You cant breathe, every step you take is torture. Give roy williams some time.

I remember some of you were down on miles austin, now that austin is healthy look at what he is doing. Just give roy some time.

Even ex cowboys all pro CB Larry Brown said its pure torture and pain to have bruised ribs, every step you take, you cant breathe. So, just imagine trying to play with that kind of pain.

Joe...I like what you're trying to say, but you're talking to the same people who less than 12 months ago were screaming for Mike Jenkins to be benched, cut, traded, he's a bum...now he's our best corner?

It's futile man...like talking to a brick wall!

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
casmith07;3037312 said:
Joe...I like what you're trying to say, but you're talking to the same people who less than 12 months ago were screaming for Mike Jenkins to be benched, cut, traded, he's a bum...now he's our best corner?

It's futile man...like talking to a brick wall!
Mike Jenkins was just starting his career 12 months ago. Roy Williams started his career in 2004.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I wonder how many excuses we're going to make for Roy Williams until we realize he just isn't all that good. He's ok, but he's not a #1 and talks a much bigger game than he plays.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
This may sound crazy to some, but I'm glad Roy hasn't reached his potential yet with Romo. Why?

Because the team is finding ways to win even though Roy is struggling. When Romo and Roy do get on the right page, and believe me, they will, that will just be another element that other defenses will have to adjust for.

Imagine the scramble defenses will have to make if Roy gets into his rhythm as the playoffs approaches...

Austin is proving that he can be an explosive go-to target. So naturally, coverage and attention will start to flow his way.

This will only set up Roy to exploit the lack of attention his way.

Am I pleased with his production so far? No. But i do have confidence that he will get it together when it really counts.