Zoners give Roy Williams time, he has bruised ribs! Give it a chance first!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
garyv;3037809 said:
6'3 WR with speed, hands and ridiculous jumping ability are not the norm, they are the exception

Huh....... good speed? good hands?

this makes me laugh when talking about Roy Williams. His speed is not that good and his hands are questionable. He can't get separation from his defenders in order to get the easy catches. His jumping ability is his only asset and you can't jump all the way down field. I'll say this again and agin that the Cowboys Offense would be much better with Miles Austin at the #1, Kevin Ogletree at the #2 and Patrick Crayton in the slot at #3. Roy Williams is the #4 Wideout on this Football Team and the Cowboys are trying to push him to be something he is not because they don't want to admit they screwed that Trade up giving a #1 and #3 when at best he was worth only a 2nd Round Draft pick.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk;3037239 said:
People have been excited about him for about three offseasons, and it's finally paying off. The point is that there is a large portion of our fan base that wrote him off as naught more than Randall Williams, and were hoping that the Jets would match his RFA tender so that we could have gotten a second round pick for him.

Cowboys fans are impatient and stupid, which is why they can't tolerate Roy Williams' pedestrian entry into Dallas.

I'm as frustrated as anyone with it - but I have a hunch it doesn't last. Defenses are going to start being scared of Austin. Then Roy heals up and starts getting in a rhythm? Look out.

can't say i disagree with much here, SP. the trouble is, we've been excited about a # of WR's for years and it finally looks like one is paying off.

been a long haul but i'm sure all cowboys fans hope that austin does pay off for many years to come.

cowboys fans *are* impatient and that impatience leads them to say stupid things in emotional moments. but i do agree if fans had their way this team would be in utter ruins.

no GM would last past a single ugly victory.
no QB would ever be allowed a bad day
no coach would ever see season #2 and likely not through season #1

all that gets old to me.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
garyv;3037792 said:
Let me say this that Miles Austin wasn't even the best during the preseason it was Kevin Ogletree.

and the year before that was danny.

every year we have a wonderboy who shines, gives fans a lot of hope, and then fades away.

i hope ogletree can step it up. but i'm not gonna be surprised at all if we don't see him this year.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
ZeroClub;3037368 said:
He's been disappointing so far. And if Roy Williams had been perfectly healthy during his entire time in Dallas, I'd probably be with you.

But last year, his foot was a problem. This year, a few weeks in, it's his ribs.

I want to see what a healthy Roy Williams can do in this offense (with a healthy Romo) over the course of six or seven games before deciding that Williams is an underachieving pretender.
Roy Williams has had nagging injuries like that his entire career.

Given the rest of his career, the 1300 yard pro bowl season is the exception. For the most part, he's been an overpaid WR who might give you 700-800 yards.

He's pretty much out of excuses. He's just not a great player, yet Dallas gave up the picks and $$$ that you give a great player. The sort of thing you'd expect from the Commanders or Raiders.

He has the athleticism for a man his size to be very good. His talent just isn't translating, and generally hasn't in his 5 and a half year career. Right now, he's no better than the 3rd receiving option, if that. At this point, I don't see why anyone would expect a magic wand to wave and RW to suddenly become a #1 WR. He just isn't.