Zoners: Guess what we signed?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;1660340 said:
No, the problem is that some people go apes**t whenever I post anything (this thread being Exhibit A), and then the usual suspects pile on. Rinse, repeat. No paranoia here, friend. BTW, the targets of my "attacks" are usually players, coaches, or the Cowboy front office, so the only ones who have the right to get upset with me ... is them. Unless your name is Jerry Jones, try not to take it so personally. He doesn't need your help.
So basically people shouldn't criticize you for being negative, but you're free to call people "sheep" and deride those who tend to be positive?

That makes sense.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
theogt;1660343 said:
So basically people shouldn't criticize you for being negative, but you're free to call people "sheep" and deride those who tend to be positive?

That makes sense.

hes just picked on and misunderstood.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1660343 said:

That makes sense.

What was I saying about "usual suspects"?

The negative rap is a canard. I'm a regular Pollyanna compared to the Carp, GROZ, Bled, JFE, or Tuna bashers. 50% of what I post is either neutral, jokey, or OT Zone material. Curiously, you're obsessed with the negative posts--the vast majority of which are well-measured and well deserved. In case you haven't noticed, this team has been bad or underachieving for about a decade now, and naturally most sane, fair minded posts will reflect that ugly reality. I can't change recent history to assuage your hurt feelings. Nor are you going to "gaslight" me into thinking all is well. I attack the team when called for; you bizarrely take it personally and attack me in kind. Big difference. I suggest we concentrate on football, not personalities or "motivations." For a change.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;1660365 said:
What was I saying about "usual suspects"?

The negative rap is a canard. I'm a regular Pollyanna compared to the Carp, GROZ, Bled, JFE, or Tuna bashers. 50% of what I post is either neutral, jokey, or OT Zone material. Curiously, you're obsessed with the negative posts--the vast majority of which are well-measured and well deserved. In case you haven't noticed, this team has been bad or underachieving for about a decade now, and naturally most sane, fair minded posts will reflect that ugly reality. I can't change recent history to assuage your hurt feelings. Nor are you going to "gaslight" me into thinking all is well. I attack the team when called for; you bizarrely take it personally and attack me in kind. Big difference. I suggest we concentrate on football, not personalities or "motivations." For a change.
Look. I don't care if you're negative. Doesn't bother me one bit. There are a handful of opinions on this board I care about, and that's about it. But if you do say something I disagree with, I'll post it just like I would anyone else. I disagree with people all the time on this board. And I post it. A lot. It has nothing to do with personalities.

I just think it's ridiculous of you to expect people not to criticize you for being overly negative, when you criticize people for being overly positive. It's a bit hypocritical.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1660347 said:

I'm just a poor boy whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood...

silverbear

Reaction score
dargonking999;1660352 said:
Boy we have some fiesty people tonight.

Whaddaya expect, when Poetry Land is down?? Where can we go now to get mellow??

It's all YOUR fault...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
silverbear;1660388 said:
Whaddaya expect, when Poetry Land is down?? Where can we go now to get mellow??

It's all YOUR fault...

techinically its my hosters fault for being giant monkey butts

ha!

Frozen700

Reaction score
bbgun;1660340 said:
No, the problem is that some people go apes**t whenever I post anything (this thread being Exhibit A), and then the usual suspects pile on. Rinse, repeat. No paranoia here, friend. BTW, the targets of my "attacks" are usually players, coaches, or the Cowboy front office, so the only ones who have the right to get upset with me ... is them. Unless your name is Jerry Jones, try not to take it so personally. He doesn't need your help.

stop your crying......lol its sad how big of a hypocrite you are...you are delusional

you are the type, that feels he can say and do as you please, but when others do the same exact thing you do, 2 YOU, you get sensitive, and all bent out of shape, and start complaining like a little house wife.

and then you play a fool on top of it, as if you didn't just do the same thing

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1660414 said:
stop your crying......lol its sad how big of a hypocrite you are...you are delusional

you are the type, that feels he can say and do as you please, but when others do the same exact thing you do, 2 YOU, you get sensitive, and all bent out of shape, and start complaining like a little house wife.

Trust me...

he's not playing.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1660414 said:

Or maybe you should stop calling people out, acting hysterical, and taking 11th hour potshots. How 'bout that? 99% of the time, someone else starts it, and you just joined that sad statistic. Don't like my prose? Then move on to the next post. Nighty night.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
bbgun;1660188 said:
The difference is that I didn't ridicule him as being relentlessly pro-Cowboy. I was clearly referencing his funny Romo thread. Life would be so much easier for you if you didn't seek out trouble or pick silly, unprovoked fights.

bbgun;1660340 said:

When you said "referencing his FUNNY Romo thread", how is that not attacking him? I am no genius, but when you said "FUNNY Romo thread" I don't think you mean "haha" funny but more of funny because it is so stupid.

Now, reading both your posts, you do sound a little hypocritical.

silverbear

Reaction score
dargonking999;1660390 said:
techinically its my hosters fault for being giant monkey butts

ha!

You'd best oil up your AK-47, and go down and "reason" with those "monkey butts"...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I liked bb batter when he didnt play the victim card.

Here is my petition for the old bbgun to come back and remove this new whiny one.

brucem78

Benched
Reaction score
Bears 23 Cowboys 6

I think the Bears D comes in with a nasty disposition and we turn the ball over often setting up the Bears offense in scoring position. I hope not, but it sure feels this way to me.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
theogt;1660343 said:

That makes sense.

FuzzyLumpkins;1660347 said:

silverbear;1660386 said:
I'm just a poor boy whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood...

I love this board .....

:suxskins:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know this is just a crazy out of left field idea.

I know some find it preposterous to even think about doing it.

I know it may go against someones macho image of themselves.

I know it may go against the idea of not being a defender of the zone or cowboys.

However there is this amazing thing called the ignore function.

For those that have problems with BBgun you can put him on ignore and you won't have to read his posts.

For those that annoy BBgun, BBgun can put them on ignore and you won't have to read their posts.

One does not always have to be negative, yet at the same time it just makes it worse when we get a group who always seem to sniff it out and make more of it than needs to be made of it. The proverbial mountain out of a mole hill if you will.
The ignore function would help in getting rid of a majority of these problems. However some just refuse to do it like it is an assault on the freedoms or macho mentality.

/rant off

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;1660620 said:
However there is this amazing thing called the ignore function.

For those that have problems with BBgun you can put him on ignore and you won't have to read his posts.

For those that annoy BBgun, BBgun can put them on ignore and you won't have to read their posts.

The ignore function would help in getting rid of a majority of these problems. However some just refuse to do it like it is an assault on the freedoms or macho mentality.
:hammer: Rant on BP!