Zoners: Hindsight 20-20

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

Wow.....Brylon Edwards could of been had for a 2nd rd pick--maybe vs a #1 for Roy Willams.

Edwards looks great tonight Zoners.......

Do you believe we did the right thing getting Roy?:starspin

Curious in Cibolo, TX

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
#1 Mark actually throws the ball to Braylon

#2 the Jets OC wants to get Braylon involved unlike coach Tecmo

so far no, Jerry did the wrong thing in trading all he did for Roy and paying him that rediculous contract that he gave him.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Outside of Roy getting injured, I'm not overly disappointed with him.

He's making the most of the opportunities he's getting, saying the right things, and doing the little things (like blocking downfield)....

(outside of that fade he had for a TD, I guess...)

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Dream bigger. When I'm playing "hindsight 20/20" I draft Randy Moss and hold Michael Irvin out of the Philly game because the playing field was criminally hazardous. :D

Sandman

Reaction score
2 catches for 20 yards, 1 3yd touchdown. he is really tearing it up. get real, he is another WR bust..

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Sandman;3012468 said:
2 catches for 20 yards, 1 3yd touchdown. he is really tearing it up. get real, he is another WR bust..
he has as many tds from Mark Sanchez in 1 half as Roy Williams has from Romo in 11 games.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Sandman;3012468 said:

...there are usually reasons why receivers like Edwards become journeymen...attitude, chronic injury, OTF issues, hard hands, locker room disruption, etc...take your pick, or all if you like...

...these guys look attractive because the Cowboys don't have them...once they come into focus, warts and all, the infatuation with them ends...

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Rampage;3012475 said:
he has as many tds from Mark Sanchez in 1 half as Roy Williams has from Romo in 11 games.

LOL, he's got a point.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Vintage;3012459 said:
Outside of Roy getting injured, I'm not overly disappointed with him.

He's making the most of the opportunities he's getting, saying the right things, and doing the little things (like blocking downfield)....

(outside of that fade he had for a TD, I guess...)

Yeah, thats all well in good, but he has been in no way worth what we gave up for him.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
I don't think any player is worth what the Cowboys gave up for Roy Williams.

Having said that, I think the Jury is out on how well he can play in Dallas. Tow things are working against him: (1) his lack of timig with Romo and (2) injuries.

First - on his timing - I can't blame him for still not having it with Romo because all the WRs look lost this year. The whole passing game is out of synk, so I have to put that on coaching beofre I put it on any player.

Second - on injuries - Roy Williams has been injured since he got here. He had the toe last year, on top of coming in without the benefit of campp to prepare with the QB. And this season, he's had back-to-back injuries since day one. Frst it was the shoulder injury he suffered at the end of camp/preseason. And now he has the ribs.

Early on there were some balls he dropped that he normally does not drop; that's the shoulder injury right there. Yet we hear how he's still open much of the time and Romo can't feed him the ball. And now he won't get hte chance because of te strained ribs. Again, can't put that on him.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
No one here knows what the asking price was for Braylon Edwards when we traded for Roy.

Roy also was not the #1 option at WR last year, and he's still a second fiddle to Witten. The Jets are devoid of any pass catching threats, especially when their lone semi-threat (Cotchery) is gimpy.

Comparing the two is just sour grapes. Get over it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
peplaw06;3012798 said:
No one here knows what the asking price was for Braylon Edwards when we traded for Roy.

Roy also was not the #1 option at WR last year, and he's still a second fiddle to Witten. The Jets are devoid of any pass catching threats, especially when their lone semi-threat (Cotchery) is gimpy.

Comparing the two is just sour grapes. Get over it.

Refusing to compare the two wreaks of shilldom. Last time I checked this was a message board. Get over it of you can't take someone saying that your little prized half stepping overpaid over purchased WR is weak. He is indeed weak. His route running lacks precision, Romo doesn't trust him because of said route running deficiencies, & he can't get open consistently. Overpaid & a waste of good draft picks... Your boy. Mr. Roy Williams Esquire.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Bleu Star;3012827 said:
Refusing to compare the two wreaks of shilldom. Last time I checked this was a message board. Get over it of you can't take someone saying that your little prized half stepping overpaid over purchased WR is weak. He is indeed weak. His route running lacks precision, Romo doesn't trust him because of said route running deficiencies, & he can't get open consistently. Overpaid & a waste of good draft picks... Your boy. Mr. Roy Williams Esquire.

blah blah blah

How's TO doing? Need some kleenex?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
peplaw06;3012869 said:
blah blah blah

How's TO doing? Need some kleenex?

Yeah. I didn't think you'd have much to say in rebuttal. Apparently TO was to me as RW11 is to you. Good luck with that!

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Braylon would have been a much better option than RW. Not even close.