Zoners: Hindsight 20-20

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;3012904 said:
Braylon would have been a much better option than RW. Not even close.

..but..but..but..Roy is a Dallas Cowboy so we HAVE to be blind and defend him:rolleyes:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3012440 said:
Do you believe we did the right thing getting Roy?:starspin

I believe we did the right thing in not getting Edwards. There's a reason Cleveland basically gave him away, and it has nothing to do with playing ability.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
If we had traded a second-round pick for Roy Williams, would anyone be satisfied?

Look at Roy when we made the trade last year, compared to Braylon Edwards right now. They're almost the same guy -- both in their fifth season; 28 or 29 career touchdowns each; only one really good season (80-plus catches, 1,200-plus yards) apiece; no other season with more than 64 catches or 890 yards; not producing in their current season for a very bad team. The only real difference is that one was a malcontent.

Roy obviously hasn't worked out here yet, but I wouldn't be too eager to crown Braylon Edwards as anything better. He had five catches for 64 yards and one touchdown tonight. That's not exactly a breakout game, and it was his first touchdown in 13 games. It's sort of like saying we should have drafted Manny Lawson instead of Bobby Carpenter. Sure, Carpenter has been a wasted pick, but Lawson hasn't exactly done anything, either.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
Rampage;3012454 said:
#1 Mark actually throws the ball to Braylon

#2 the Jets OC wants to get Braylon involved unlike coach Tecmo

so far no, Jerry did the wrong thing in trading all he did for Roy and paying him that rediculous contract that he gave him.
both one and 2 is why i think we havent seen more from williams

he did more on a terrible lions team so i cant see how his production at worst cant match that here

right now its not even close to what he did with kitna in detroit with a terrible o-line, no rb, and a bunch of draft day bust at wr except calvin johnson.

which is just baffling to me

just like when we first made the trade i thought it was to much. no one else has paid that high of a price even though to be fair at the time when every top wr was being rumored to be traded then it seemed like a first and 3rd was the asking price

now it seems people are realizing that is completely unrational but we were the only foolish ones to go along with it lol

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
IF we are talking about hindsight.

Forget the wr. We hired the wrong coach and the wrong staff. And the worst part is we had everything intact here and didnt need to shake it up.

How is that for continuity.

Watching Tony Sporano and that staff makes me ill. Listening to sporano in the postgame pc makes me ill.

oh well, we beat the chiefs I shouldnt be bringing this up, to many people get upset.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Bleu Star;3012881 said:
Yeah. I didn't think you'd have much to say in rebuttal. Apparently TO was to me as RW11 is to you. Good luck with that!
There's nothing to rebut. You have to actually say something of substance if you want me to rebut it. You're just throwing out half-***** conspiracy theories, acting like you know what goes on with Romo and Roy. You don't.

And lol at RW being the same to me as TO is to you. All I've said is that the comparison between him and Braylon is nothing more than whining by the likes of you. That's about all we can expect from you nowadays, so I shouldn't be surprised.

If Braylon were here instead of RW, replacing TO, you'd still be whining. It wouldn't matter who it was... it could be Larry Fitzgerald, and you'd be whining.

So go ahead, cry me a river.

:cry2:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Sitting Bull;3012467 said:
Dream bigger. When I'm playing "hindsight 20/20" I draft Randy Moss and hold Michael Irvin out of the Philly game because the playing field was criminally hazardous. :D

I like where your head is at. Might as well make it count.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;3012957 said:
If we had traded a second-round pick for Roy Williams, would anyone be satisfied?

Look at Roy when we made the trade last year, compared to Braylon Edwards right now. They're almost the same guy -- both in their fifth season; 28 or 29 career touchdowns each; only one really good season (80-plus catches, 1,200-plus yards) apiece; no other season with more than 64 catches or 890 yards; not producing in their current season for a very bad team. The only real difference is that one was a malcontent.

Roy obviously hasn't worked out here yet, but I wouldn't be too eager to crown Braylon Edwards as anything better. He had five catches for 64 yards and one touchdown tonight. That's not exactly a breakout game, and it was his first touchdown in 13 games. It's sort of like saying we should have drafted Manny Lawson instead of Bobby Carpenter. Sure, Carpenter has been a wasted pick, but Lawson hasn't exactly done anything, either.

2nd rounder would have been fine. Having a first rounder and an extra 3rd to move up and grab someone we wanted is a huge difference.

I have nothing against Roy, but no way is he worth a first and third. I hated the deal then and still do. Jerry got ripped off.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
peplaw06;3012977 said:
You're just throwing out half-***** conspiracy theories, acting like you know what goes on with Romo and Roy. You don't.

SLATEmosphere;3012995 said:
Jerry got ripped off.

& that's your bottom line. I didn't even have to say it. The perpetually injured Roy is injured again. Let's hope he's able to limp back out there after the bye week and catch those 5 yard ins.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Jets rookie Mark Sanchez was 12 of 24 for 172 yards and benefited immediately from the addition of Edwards, who caught a 3-yard scoring pass to cap his first series with the Jets. Edwards made a leaping 34-yard catch on third-and-21 to set up another TD.

"Everyone saw it -- he's a big-time receiver," Ryan said. "That's one thing we did right last week was make that trade for him."

Looks like the coach likes the trade........