ZONERS: I am Sick and Tired of ROMO Bashing

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;2148962 said:
High 5 to Dooms.

You damn skippy hippie.

What can I say I love it when people say the Cowboys can't win it all or Romo is not good enough? Bring it on because it will make the celebration that much better when the Cowboys and Romo are holding up the Championship Trophy

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2148974 said:
What can I say I love it when people say the Cowboys can't win it all or Romo is not good enough? Bring it on because it will make the celebration that much better when the Cowboys and Romo are holding up the Championship Trophy

Amen and Amen

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
There is kool-aide to be drank here. drunk here? draunk here?? eh... you know what I mean.

Romo is a reall good QB but if he put up his playoff numbers throughtout the regular season, we would have drafted Quinn. It doesn't matter if it is him or the team or what that fails down the stretch but in the regular season, Romo wills this team to victory at times. In the playoffs, he fails to do that. In that case, he has choked.

How can a person be serious in saying that he has never choked. Did you see that horible performance he played when Jessica was first in attendence in her pink Romo jersey?? That was the worst I have seen the boy play. Big ol' choke.

No one is saying he is horrible because he has only played a season and a half, but in that season and a half, he has shown two things... he is going to celebrity hoor sometime around Thanksgiving and he will choke right after. He is fun to watch, he will get over the hump, but if I had to bet money then it would be that he will start his annual choke after Thanksgiving.

:choke:

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2148957 said:
I love the hate because it makes it that much sweeter when you throw it back in their face!!!! :laugh2:

You have to learn to recognize the hate really is CrazyCowboy.
I suggest you visit some divison rivals message boards.

You read these guys go on about how Romo and the Cowboys suck and you start to see through the hate.

Soon enough all you can see is genuine fear. ;)
And I do love it so.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Velvet Jones;2148998 said:
There is kool-aide to be drank here. drunk here? draunk here?? eh... you know what I mean.

Romo is a reall good QB but if he put up his playoff numbers throughtout the regular season, we would have drafted Quinn. It doesn't matter if it is him or the team or what that fails down the stretch but in the regular season, Romo wills this team to victory at times. In the playoffs, he fails to do that. In that case, he has choked.

How can a person be serious in saying that he has never choked. Did you see that horible performance he played when Jessica was first in attendence in her pink Romo jersey?? That was the worst I have seen the boy play. Big ol' choke.

No one is saying he is horrible because he has only played a season and a half, but in that season and a half, he has shown two things... he is going to celebrity hoor sometime around Thanksgiving and he will choke right after. He is fun to watch, he will get over the hump, but if I had to bet money then it would be that he will start his annual choke after Thanksgiving.

:choke:

The guy has only appeared in two playoff games and started a year-and-a-half. It's too soon to call him a choker, especially when the guys around him have their share of the blame (T Glenn in Seattle, Crayton against NY, the coaching staff in both games). We'll have to give it time, but from the body of work Romo has put up so far, there's really no reason to doubt him. Look at the whole picture.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
As Parcells would say you are what you are. Romo has struggled down the stretch the last two years and he hasn't won a playoff game. You can be fun to watch on Sundays but in the end that is only good for the Arizona Cardinals of the league. Win some playoff games and he will get his just rewards. Romo and the team has not performed to my standards and so the choking label doesn't bother me.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2149192 said:
The guy has only appeared in two playoff games and started a year-and-a-half. It's too soon to call him a choker, especially when the guys around him have their share of the blame (T Glenn in Seattle, Crayton against NY, the coaching staff in both games). We'll have to give it time, but from the body of work Romo has put up so far, there's really no reason to doubt him. Look at the whole picture.

I understand but he has not put up the games that he is capable of in the playoffs. Therefore he has choked. I am not labeling him as a chronic choker and he always will be, but he has choked his last (and only) two attempts. It is what it is and I hope he shakes that monkey, but right now he deserves the label. He wants to prove it to be otherwise, which I am sure that he will, then stop having beach week trysts the week before a huge game.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy, you may wish to broaden your "sick and tired" opinion to include internet forum posters also. ;)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2148846 said:
BASHING by the sports writers, trying to insinuate that ROMO will choke, or cannot win a meaningful PLAYOFF game! :bang2: What a big TEXAS SIZE joke! ROMO has NEVER choked with a star on his helmet.

OK--the only negative was the fumble "slick ball" snap however, that is not the QB position. He took our team down the field over and over again while being held back by a OLD CONSERVATIVE HARD HEADED SOFT BEHIND head coach that nonone could tell ANYTHING too!:cool:

I will take ROMO and his MOXIE over ANY QB in the league--yes, even Brady!
ROMO is FUN to watch on Sundays! :bow:

Who agrees! Am I wrong?

Like you said, anybody can get an account here. <sigh>

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
BASHING by the sports writers, trying to insinuate that ROMO will choke, or cannot win a meaningful PLAYOFF game! :bang2: What a big TEXAS SIZE joke! ROMO has NEVER choked with a star on his helmet.

OK--the only negative was the fumble "slick ball" snap however, that is not the QB position. He took our team down the field over and over again while being held back by a OLD CONSERVATIVE HARD HEADED SOFT BEHIND head coach that nonone could tell ANYTHING too!:cool:

Who agrees! Am I wrong?

No,....you're not wrong!I agree with you.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Comes with the territory of being the QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

Troy Aikman won 3 superbowls ....... and was booed at a Dallas Mavericks game when they showed him on the titantron before his last year.

I hate our fickle fan base sometimes.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score

Who agrees! Am I wrong?

My friend, welcome to the club. Untill Dallas wins a championship with Tony, he will be bashed and called a "choker". The same garbage that is spoken about Danny White. Since 1980, I have had to listen to the same non-sense about White that you are just being to hear about Romo. Thank goodness Romo still has time to silence these so-called "experts".
Tony can and will win big games for this team. It is just a matter of time:star:

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
DWhite Fan;2149290 said:
My friend, welcome to the club. Untill Dallas wins a championship with Tony, he will be bashed and called a "choker". The same garbage that is spoken about Danny White. Since 1980, I have had to listen to the same non-sense about White that you are just being to hear about Romo. Thank goodness Romo still has time to silence these so-called "experts".
Tony can and will win big games for this team. It is just a matter of time:star:

I don't consider this true. It is when you hit a block that you are considered a choker. But it is true that winning it all would put aside all whispers for a while.

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score

Who agrees! Am I wrong?
Yes your wrong.you are a cowboy fan,dont compare romo with brady.huge difference there,brady makes plays at the time they need it the most in big games(playoffs superbowls).romo has yet to do any of that,until he wins at least a playoff game he will not get total respect..its that simple!!

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2149249 said:
I understand but he has not put up the games that he is capable of in the playoffs. Therefore he has choked. I am not labeling him as a chronic choker and he always will be, but he has choked his last (and only) two attempts. It is what it is and I hope he shakes that monkey, but right now he deserves the label. He wants to prove it to be otherwise, which I am sure that he will, then stop having beach week trysts the week before a huge game.

you people who fall for this "oh it must be cuz jessica simpson is in the audience' or 'he took a vaca in Mexico in the off week before playoffs, or the attention that THE MEDIA gives him in his off time, well you guys are just suckers to fall for such crap.

How many wives & girlfriends do you think go to the games to watch their significant other? more than just Jessica Simpson I can tell you. How is taking a trip to Mexico in the offweek before a playoff game going to screw anything up? Were not the Cowboys already showing signs of slowing down before that? As far as being the 'Media Ho' in the offseason, what do you expect? He is QB with a great story of the Dallas Cowboys! What do you want him to do, sit in his room all his life? that is what he would have to do because it is the media that is creating the monster, not Romo.

As far as the playoffs go, the Seattle game well that was Romo's first and they were going for a FG, just a bobbled snap. Does that not happen to every holder once or twice? Besides, did you see that ball? say what you want and believe the NFL juggernaut, but that ball was quite shiny. The NY Giants game, well stats and powers that be was against the Cowboys. How many teams in all of NFL history beat a team 3 times in one year? I knew when we went up against the Giants, I was worried about them. They have a defense and they were obviously more hungry than the Cowboys.

As far as that last throw that was intercepted in that Giants playoff game, well it was 4th down and Giants had the field pretty well covered. I do not blame Romo AT ALL for that pass..... it was an impossible situation.

I am not making excuses for Romo, just saying he did not choke. Him and the rest of the team just was not ready to go yet.

Out of losses comes the desire to be victorious!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2149163 said:
You have to learn to recognize the hate really is CrazyCowboy.
I suggest you visit some divison rivals message boards.

You read these guys go on about how Romo and the Cowboys suck and you start to see through the hate.

Soon enough all you can see is genuine fear. ;)
And I do love it so.

I have seen it and heard it. I don't get mad I laugh about it and wait until the tables are turned to get mine. As long as I have been a fan I have gone through the ups and downs with this franchise and I’m to the point where critics and morons really don’t bother me. It is all in fun.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
redskins1;2149316 said:
Yes your wrong.you are a cowboy fan,dont compare romo with brady.huge difference there,brady makes plays at the time they need it the most in big games(playoffs superbowls).romo has yet to do any of that,until he wins at least a playoff game he will not get total respect..its that simple!!
yeah i'm sure he will get your respect when he wins a playoff game. how come we never talk about campbells choke jobs?

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2149292 said:
I don't consider this true. It is when you hit a block that you are considered a choker. But it is true that winning it all would put aside all whispers for a while.

If Dallas does anything less than with the SB this year, you will find out that what I said is very true. The city of Dallas is so spoiled to winning. With the talent this team has and the promise it has shown, the fans will turn on Tony in a heart beat if he doesn't get Dallas a SB trophy soon. Mark my words. I have been a Cowboys fan for 35 years and I know what I am saying.

I believe Romo gets his first ring this coming February. For his and CCs sake, I hope I am right:D