Zoners: Introducing Super Freak 2

FCBarca

Reaction score
xpistofer;3383568 said:
How is a coach's comments on a player hype? just curious...

It's merely piling on to the hysteria with Moss-isms at nearly every turn...Just soooo typical to hype a player coming into the league only for them to have to live up to those expectations with the inevitable criticisms that will follow.

He's a talent, everyone knows this...Let's just see what he can provide and when the player produces, let the legend grow instead of painting a legendary player before hand

Reaction score
nyc;3383099 said:
Romo needs to work on his deep (hail mary) type throws though. If he keeps the ball lower to the ground, he is more accurate, but the high arching throws he doesn't make so well.

:signmast: yup

thor_01

Reaction score
FCBarca;3383651 said:
Paranoia but hey, rant away

You remind me a lot of when my granddaughter was four, she forever had something smart alecky to say, or some useless comment, but when called on them always was just kidding or completely misunderstood, either way I grow tired of this rhetoric and am sure nothing could be accomplished by continuing it with you............................

Four

Reaction score
I love Dez, but he isn't close to being as fast as Moss was.

Randy could outrun the league when he got in it.

As to Romo's deep ball, he doesn't have the arm to zip it out there, he uses techinique very well to overcome his arm. He will never have an elite arm, and as a result I think the deep balls he throws now will be about the best we can hope for.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Too bad the guy can't stay in shape.:rolleyes:

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Dez to me is something like Hakeem Nicks of the Giants last year a physical reciever with big hands that will be tough to bring down, but Dez is more explosive.

FCBarca

Reaction score
thor_01;3383900 said:
You remind me a lot of when my granddaughter was four, she forever had something smart alecky to say, or some useless comment, but when called on them always was just kidding or completely misunderstood, either way I grow tired of this rhetoric and am sure nothing could be accomplished by continuing it with you............................

Logically, I'd say your aptitude is definitely on par with your granddaughter...Meanwhile, I'm sure you'll manifest some link between something I write and a personal condemnation of you...Who knew reading between my lines was always going to come back to you :rolleyes:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
FCBarca;3384021 said:
Logically, I'd say your aptitude is definitely on par with your granddaughter...Meanwhile, I'm sure you'll manifest some link between something I write and a personal condemnation of you...Who knew reading between my lines was always going to come back to you :rolleyes:

Could you two just shake and move on....

jubal

Reaction score
Typhus;3384056 said:
Could you two just shake and move on....
Makes me think of "What would Pops say if he was on the board now?":confused:

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
jobberone;3383342 said:
Romo needs to learn to throw the ball into tight quarters with Dez. I'm not sure that's Tony right now.

He does it with Witten, Crayton, and even Austin as the season progressed (remember the 3rd down pass to Austin that Miles battled for and caught). If he trusts a receiver, he'll do it. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to throw the ball up to Bryant in certain situations as well once he sees how this guy can elevate and track the ball.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Woods;3383024 said:
One huge positive for Dez is that he's got Romo throwing to him as well.

I'm trying to temper my expectations for D Bryant.

Don't temper them, I'm not. This kid is SPECIAL!!! He will be ROY

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Mansta54;3384305 said:
Don't temper them, I'm not. This kid is SPECIAL!!! He will be ROY

I think so too. When you hear Sherman say things like "He's in a class by himself" and he's coached some great WRs, you know the sky's the limit. I just watched Dez's post-practice interview and I get a good vibe from him. I'm not a Roy basher, but that guy comes off as more immature than Dez. Dez seems like a good kid that wants to play ball and get better.