Zoners: It is ok to pound our chest!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

How about this team? :starspin

As I look over our current roster.....Draft class.....FA....etc!

WE ARE LOADED!

I am only concerned with backup QB .....if something happen to ROMO!

What is your biggest concern with our current roster and why?:starspin

romomania

Reaction score
my biggest concern is of course romo gettin hurt but if T.O goes down game overrr

CriscoKidd

Reaction score
Most concerned about our wrs. Then the dbs, then the rbs.

Wr we didn't address at all pretty much. Shouldn't be that big a deal if Glenn does come back and/or TO stays healthy. But it would be awesome to have someone step up to put Crayton back to number 3.

The other 2 were addressed but we don't know how they'll pan out til we see them on the field.

Qb injuries will always be a concern. There aren't a lot of teams in the league that can boast of having one great qb, let alone 2.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
CriscoKidd;2077692 said:
Most concerned about our wrs. Then the dbs, then the rbs.

Wr we didn't address at all pretty much. Shouldn't be that big a deal if Glenn does come back and/or TO stays healthy. But it would be awesome to have someone step up to put Crayton back to number 3.

The other 2 were addressed but we don't know how they'll pan out til we see them on the field.

Qb injuries will always be a concern. There aren't a lot of teams in the league that can boast of having one great qb, let alone 2.

I doubt you'll be worried about DB's or RB's in four months.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'll echo Romo and the WRs. This preseason is crucial when it comes to the developement of our young wide receivers. We need someone to seperate from the pack, I hope it's Stanback. But honestly, I hope it's anyone.

CriscoKidd

Reaction score
tomson75;2077696 said:
I doubt you'll be worried about DB's or RB's in four months.

I hope so. I'm dying for the preseason to see these guys in action. But right now all we have is media fluff.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
My biggest concern has nothing to do with Personel.

The talent is there.

I worry about mental mistakes.

Dropped balls, False Starts, bad snaps, and just other careless mistakes.

I just got done watching the Giants playoff loss and it was obvious who the better team was.

We just couldnt overcome stupid. It makes me sick with this team.

If Dallas can overcome their own BS then we should beat anyone we line up against in the NFC.

Eskimo

Reaction score
There are 4 players who must stay healthy for use to have any reasonable shot at SB this year:

TO
Witten
Ware
Romo

We may be able to survive loss of any other player without such a huge decline in team performance.

I think the same is true of most contenders these days as there is an elite core that are generally irreplaceable.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;2077720 said:
There are 4 players who must stay healthy for use to have any reasonable shot at SB this year:

TO
Witten
Ware
Romo

We may be able to survive loss of any other player without such a huge decline in team performance.

I think the same is true of most contenders these days as there is an elite core that are generally irreplaceable.

I agree, but I'd probably add Flo and Gurode to the list. Flo because we haven't actually seen what our young tackles can do and I don't know if Columbo could play on the left side effectively. Gurode because Cory Procter is not very good.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Eskimo;2077720 said:

TO
Witten
Ware
Romo

Not that you were ranking by signifigance if lost, but I would put your group in this order...

Romo
TO
Witten
Ware

IMO, Romo and TO are the two most signifigant elements of this team. If either were lost at any time, the loss would be staggering.

My personel list of high priority health would be...

Romo
TO
Newman
Flozel

Eskimo

Reaction score
Typhus;2077770 said:
Not that you were ranking by signifigance if lost, but I would put your group in this order...

Romo
TO
Witten
Ware

IMO, Romo and TO are the two most signifigant elements of this team. If either were lost at any time, the loss would be staggering.

My personel list of high priority health would be...

Romo
TO
Newman
Flozel

I didn't include Flo because in a worst case scenario Bigg can be moved to LT and then one of the backup OTs can be moved to guard. At this point hopefully one of Free/McQuistan can come in for us if needed without a huge dropoff.

I didn't include Newman because we may have quite a bit of depth at CB now.

Others have suggested Gurode because Procter is so bad - they may have a point there but hopefully if early enough in the season we could make a trade or maybe convert someone (? Kosier). I remember in our first SB run Step got hurt and I think they moved Gesek over to center.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
With Witten and TO healthy Crayton is realistically a 3rd recieving threat.

Either of those two goes down and our passing game is too one dimensional and we struggle to move the chains.

I'm hoping Stanback or Felix can help out if that situation happens again but until we see them in the first few games theres no telling how that would go down.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think I will wait til this team actually wins a playoff game before I start pounding my chest. I feel like there is a ton of talent on this team, but they need to prove it on the field.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Crazy Cowboy, it's definitely not the time to pound our chest. I'm normally the eternal optimist about our team, but after the past two teams, I am in "Show Me" mode. There will be no chest-pounding from me until the team wins at least one playoff game.

That doesn't mean that I won't enjoy the upcoming season - I will. But nothing less than a Super Bowl birth will do this season.

Biggest weakness on this team? #2 receiver. Unless you have a great (not good) defense, you can't win with one great receiver and a bunch of 3's and 4's.

lostinomiya

Reaction score
Backup QB, WR depth and how our special teams perform..they were poor in coverage many times last year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;2077680 said:
What is your biggest concern with our current roster and why?:starspin
Injuries. They can make a great team very average in an hurry.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Is this the year that Gurode learns how to snap the ball? Stay tuned.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Injuries suck but "God Forbid"......... of the two, Dallas has a better chance without T.O .... than without Romo.