Zoners: Look at this Crap about our team!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Editor's note: Roland S. Martin is a die-hard Houston Texans fan who says they are now Texas' team. For a rival view read Dallas Cowboy fan Eliott McLaughlin's counterpoint.

(CNN) -- I hate the Dallas Cowboys.

No, I don't dislike them. I flat out cannot stand anything about the Dallas Cowboys.

The year they went 1-15, I was ticked they won that one game.

When they played in those three Super Bowls in the '90s, I rooted hard for the opposition.

Hell, I hate them more than the Ku Klux Klan!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/06/opinion/opinion-texas-football-roland-martin/index.html

Roland MartinThat's why I take great pleasure in seeing the transfer of power in the Lone Star State, where the football greatness has moved from Dallas to Houston.

For decades, all of the talk has been about the Cowboys, that damn star, and lately, the monstrosity of a football palace built by owner Jerry Jones. But with the NFL playoffs kicking off this weekend, the only football they'll witness at Cowboys Stadium is Kansas State and Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl.

:rolleyes:

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The Texans have one of the smallest fanbases in the league and are one of the least followed teams so he thinks they're Texas' team over the most popular American sports team in the world?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Consider this a warning. If any posts are made that are even remotely political...the post will be deleted (not edited) and you will get a infraction. No excuses.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Actually, it shouldn't be too difficult to understand why the author might feel as he does. The Cowboys are arguably the most polarizing team in the NFL. It's anything but uncommon that those who aren't staunchly in their corner are steadfastly against them. Perhaps that comes with the territory when you've been one of the, if not the, most popular franchise in professional football.

In truth, the Texans have sucked hind teat to the Cowboys far longer than they feel inclined to grin and bear. I can readily see where something of that nature might get under their skin. It's likely much akin to the feeling we have watching the Giants enjoying their glorious time in the sun while we're relegated to watching them revel over their participation in the Super Bowl festivities on TV.

For my part, I just choose to take it with a grain of salt. Texans fans have paid their dues in suffering through many years and are now reaping the benefits of what now appears to be sound management. If we can somehow manage to rise from mediocrity as well as they have, I'll be nothing short of ecstatic.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4402200 said:
Consider this a warning. If any posts are made that are even remotely political...the post will be deleted (not edited) and you will get a infraction. No excuses.

Perhaps the first sentence should be edited so that nobody gets an infraction...

Just a thought.

As far as the authors comments, he obviously got butt hurt by the Cowboys at some point during his young life. I kinda feel sorry for the guy. Maybe someone should tell him that his beloved Houston Texans will be at home watching the SB just like the Cowboys and 29 other teams in the league.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Roland Martin is superficial. His columns are never in-depth. He deals in generalities and is the cliche king. I would not be surprised to see in his columns, "It is what it is." That is how superficial he is.

And to state that he hates the 'Boys more than the KKK, a group that has brutalized and killed humans, he has finally proved how little is going on in his head and how really . . . stupid he be.

However, the fact that we Cowboy fans would be incensed at his stupidity makes him even more smug. He wanted a reaction and he got it.

Don't read him, don't listen to him, and put that vacuous man out of your mind. He does not deserve any attention.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Live in houston and youll learn to hatem as much as me. U hear this crap all the time. Behind our divsion teams i hate them more thany anyone else.

tunahelper

Reaction score
A clear cut example of stupidity. He is a champion of the idiots.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4402176 said:
The Texans have one of the smallest fanbases in the league and are one of the least followed teams so he thinks they're Texas' team over the most popular American sports team in the world?

Actually the Texans are one of the top 10 grossing teams in the league. They just have team envy similar to the Commanders fans.

Ferrumz

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. The Texans made their first playoff berth in franchise history and their first playoff win in franchise history and that eclipses the Dallas Cowboys in their books?

:lmao:

Tricericon

Reaction score
Ferrumz;4402624 said:
So let me get this straight. The Texans made their first playoff berth in franchise history and their first playoff win in franchise history and that eclipses the Dallas Cowboys in their books?

The city of Houston fielded a better football team than the city of Dallas for the first time since the Run-and-Shoot Oilers aligned with Jimmy's rebuilding project, and only like the fifth season ever (in 50+ years of football). Let him have his moment - History says it won't last long.

fifaguy

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4402169 said:
Editor's note: Roland S. Martin is a syndicated columnist and author of "The First: President Barack Obama's Road to the White House." He's also a die-hard Houston Texans fan who says they are now Texas' team. For a rival view read Dallas Cowboy fan Eliott McLaughlin's counterpoint.

No, I don't dislike them. I flat out cannot stand anything about the Dallas Cowboys.

When they played in those three Super Bowls in the '90s, I rooted hard for the opposition.

Hell, I hate them more than the Ku Klux Klan!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/06/opinion/opinion-texas-football-roland-martin/index.html

Roland MartinThat's why I take great pleasure in seeing the transfer of power in the Lone Star State, where the football greatness has moved from Dallas to Houston.

For decades, all of the talk has been about the Cowboys, that damn star, and lately, the monstrosity of a football palace built by owner Jerry Jones. But with the NFL playoffs kicking off this weekend, the only football they'll witness at Cowboys Stadium is Kansas State and Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl.

:rolleyes:

dude's entitled to his opinion (above). interesting that he's hated the team regardless of whether they were winning or cratering. kinda like how i feel about the 'Skins, Giants, Eagles, etc.

CCBoy

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;4402411 said:
Roland Martin is superficial. His columns are never in-depth. He deals in generalities and is the cliche king. I would not be surprised to see in his columns, "It is what it is." That is how superficial he is.

And to state that he hates the 'Boys more than the KKK, a group that has brutalized and killed humans, he has finally proved how little is going on in his head and how really . . . stupid he be.

However, the fact that we Cowboy fans would be incensed at his stupidity makes him even more smug. He wanted a reaction and he got it.

Don't read him, don't listen to him, and put that vacuous man out of your mind. He does not deserve any attention.

Must not have listened to Soul Train any...

Eddie

Reaction score
Fat Toad;4402637 said:
History says it won't last long.

But having Jerry Jones in charge of the Cowboys guarantees many more years of mediocrity for the Cowboys.

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4402169 said:
....He is also a die-hard Houston Texans fan who says they are now Texas' team.

Nobody should be surprised that a Texan's fan doesn't like the Cowboys. We are no doubt a huge and "old" rivalry for them.

BrAinPaiNt;4402200 said:

The first post should read the guy is a syndicated columnist. [Period. - reads now like an engraved invitation to talk politics.]

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4402176 said:

Whoa there partner! dboys214 follows the Texans religiously and keeps track of their "watch parties". :rolleyes:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JoeCorrado;4402697 said:
Nobody should be surprised that a Texan's fan doesn't like the Cowboys. We are no doubt a huge and "old" rivalry for them.

The first post should read the guy is a syndicated columnist. [Period. - reads now like an engraved invitation to talk politics.]

Not on this board it doesn't.

Tricericon

Reaction score
Eddie;4402694 said:
But having Jerry Jones in charge of the Cowboys guarantees many more years of mediocrity for the Cowboys.

One losing season in the last seven is mediocre?

This board is absolutely insane sometimes.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Little Jr;4402458 said:
Live in houston and youll learn to hatem as much as me. U hear this crap all the time. Behind our divsion teams i hate them more thany anyone else.

Dude i Live on the east coast between Giants and iggles fans nothing is worse then them NOTHING..The texans please...joke of a franchise couldn't keep the Oilers, and now there winning a few a games..and this fool thinks there Texas team..:lmao2: