Zoners: More DMAC and PACMAN predictions--WOW!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2010634 said:
Well you'd better not miss on that championship he's almost automatically bringing you, this year, cause picking him that high almost certainly ensures that you will NOT be resigning some of the other guys who will be FA at years end. You'll then need to take your pick of which guy you want to keep out of Newman, Canty, and T.O. cause with Ware coming up around the corner after that, and the money you'll be giving DMac for his 3-4 spot selection you're not keeping them all. I didn't put Barber in that mix cause if you're giving DMac that kind of money then you've made it clear that Barber is going elsewhere next year.

I doubt we'd lose anyone.

If we lose a current star then id be against it.

But until someone can prove to me we would lose a guy then im not against taking the risk.

Plus the Salary Cap is looking like its going to be thrown in the garbage pretty soon anyways.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CATCH17;2010661 said:

But until someone can prove to me we would lose a guy then im not against taking the risk.

Plus the Salary Cap is looking like its going to be thrown in the garbage pretty soon anyways.

if you're for this move - you'll make anything come up as a reason it should work.

like the cap won't be a problem. or it's gone.

and yes, we'd lose someone. kinda the reason for the cap and parity, dude.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
CATCH17;2010661 said:

Oh you don't? So you figure once they give DMac that 30-40 million dollar deal that you're going to turn around and give T.O. around 30 million as well, and then give Newman his 40-50 million (for a 4-5 year deal), and then resign Canty for about 20 or so, AND resign Barber as well? Do you think he's going to be willing to sign for less than DMac after having been in the league for 4 years?

Yeah. Sure. No way we'll lose ANYONE. We'll just get them all resigned.

Even if the salary cap goes away it's not going away next season, or even the season after that. From what I've seen the first uncapped year would be 2011. Do want you want with the math but if you think you're going to fit all those guys back in while you're paying 30-40 million to DMac for drafting him in the 3-4 spot, then you're living in a dream world.

khiladi

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2010821 said:
Oh you don't? So you figure once they give DMac that 30-40 million dollar deal that you're going to turn around and give T.O. around 30 million as well, and then give Newman his 40-50 million (for a 4-5 year deal), and then resign Canty for about 20 or so, AND resign Barber as well? Do you think he's going to be willing to sign for less than DMac after having been in the league for 4 years?

The same problem exists whether McFadden is around or not... Plus, you have the owners moving to a non-capped year soon anyways...

Undisputed

Reaction score
I can't wait til the draft has come and gone. I had a dream last night where Mark Cuban walked into my room and told me that he knew the Cowboys were planning on drafting McFadden. I asked him about the cap situation and he told me not to worry about it. "It's fine".

He left before I could say anything about the Mavs.
:laugh2: