Zoners: More DMAC and PACMAN predictions--WOW!

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I found Peter King's article very, very interesting.

As we all know King talks to Parcells quite a bit. When you combine King coming out today with a pretty bold assertion that Jerry wants McFadden with Gary Myers article yesterday in which he said...

"Okay Bill, what are you doing with the first pick?"
He laughed over the phone from South Florida and said, "I am unable to divulge anything at this point."This is the third time Parcells has walked into a job and inherited the first pick in the draft and the second time there's not enough value to use the pick.

I think a trade is brewing. Jerry may be able to get up to the top of the draft without having to give up much more than his 2 #1s.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
Dalmations202;2009181 said:
Just my thoughts but:

Dallas trades a 5th to Tenn for Pacman.
Dallas trades a 2nd, and Akin to Detroit for RW.
Dallas trades both 1's and possibly a player to Oakland for DMac. (maybe Spears, but not sure on cap impact)

Dallas uses #3 on a NT. (so they can move Ratliff back outside)
Dallas uses #4/#6 on best CB/WR to develop.

Dallas uses it 7th on a small school flyer to develop ie... Romo.
I think there is a high probability that this is exactly what will happen. The only thing that I would change is I would replace the #3 with a CB instead of a NT. There should still be a pretty decent prospect for corner in the 3rd round.

jman

Reaction score
This is the part of Peter Kings article that made me go hummm...

• Miami, choosing first, 32nd, 57th and 64th. Bill Parcells looks at his roster, doesn't like what he sees, and wants to add as many of "His Guys" as he can, the same way he did the last time he had a franchise (the Jets) in his hands. He could add to his cache of picks if he decides to trade his fancy dancer, defensive end Jason Taylor, who I believe would love to be traded to a contender.

Was his stay here just a bad dream?

I'm sure King was referring to being in charge of the front office and he was "only" the head coach in Dallas, but he brought in "his" guys from the get go.

And by the way, what is Jeff Ireland up to these day. Anyone heard his name mentioned lately?

adamknite

Reaction score
jman;2009499 said:

I'm sure King was referring to being in charge of the front office and he was "only" the head coach in Dallas, but he brought in "his" guys from the get go.

And by the way, what is Jeff Ireland up to these day. Anyone heard his name mentioned lately?

I think he might have also been referring to Parcells getting four 1st round draft picks that one year when he was with the jets by doing some trades.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
jman;2009499 said:

Last I heard, Jeff has just been hanging out.....

oliver_hardy_2.jpg

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
jman;2009499 said:

Don't you know? Bill's stint here was fairly disappointing, so he couldn't have been in charge.

I also bet Bill's opinion had something to do with the "very good one-two punch at TE" line that Big Dog pointed out. Fasano was a Parcells second round pick from one of Big Bill's protege's programs... So he must be good. Never mind the fact that he's never done anything.

King is one of the biggest FOBs anywhere.

sago1

Reaction score
Sorry don't buy the above scenario. Believe Al Davis wants McF himself. Also some of you think that just by trading or cutting a player, we save cap space. If we send Ayodele, then yes we will save about $500,000. If we trade Carpenter, it would cost us $2-5M against the cap. Don't know about Spears. Finally to seriously think we would get a 4th-6th rounder who can contribute at CB & WR is questionable at best -- unlike we grab Jake Igegwuonu who slipped because of his knee injury -- but he'll be on IR all of 08 so won't help anyway. The Applauchian State WR would be available & he could contribute as return man while his WR skills develop.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
After reading the rest of the article, I had to post two more gems from Burger King:

Aggravating/Enjoyable Travel Note of the Week

Rant of the Week: I paid $62 to fill my 18-gallon tank with gas on Thursday in New Jersey. With $4-a-gallon gas around the corner (I hear it's already here for premium in California), I have only one question: Where's the outrage? Why are our elected officials doing nothing -- nothing that any of us can see -- about it? I can afford gas, but how about the people who cannot? I can't believe we just let things like this happen in our society

3. I think this is the way I see the Chad Johnson situation going down. Cincinnati starts its offseason program today at Paul Brown Stadium. Johnson, presumably, will skip it. Johnson, presumably, will miss the entire offseason program, hoping that will force the Bengals to trade him to Washington or Dallas. It won't.

Bengals owner Mike Brown and coach Marvin Lewis won't have Chad Johnson force them into a trade that would screw their salary-cap situation this year. So Johnson sits out 'til camp. Then he doesn't show up for camp. Things get contentious, then ugly, then a sideshow. Johnson makes a few silly public appearances and rips the Bengals. Finally, two weeks before the season, Cincinnati trades Johnson to Dallas for the Cowboys' first-round pick in 2009.

This guy isn't the brightest bulb.

tonyd219

Reaction score
Dalmations202;2009181 said:
Just my thoughts but:

Dallas trades a 5th to Tenn for Pacman.
Dallas trades a 2nd, and Akin to Detroit for RW.
Dallas trades both 1's and possibly a player to Oakland for DMac. (maybe Spears, but not sure on cap impact)

Dallas uses #3 on a NT. (so they can move Ratliff back outside)
Dallas uses #4/#6 on best CB/WR to develop.

Dallas uses it 7th on a small school flyer to develop ie... Romo.

I've been saying this since Pacman said he wants to play here...

I would try and push for a sixth instead of a 7th considering we have the #1 in the sixth (fergie deal) and the difference in the 28th in the fifth and the 1st in the sixth isnt that great but if Tenn wants to fight over it I would gladly give them our 5th.

I agree with the 2nd and and Akin for RW
and I agree with our two 1sts and Spears/Carp/??? for DMAC

However I think we still need to go corner before we look at NT. Even with Pac we need a young corner - someone halfway decent in the third

WR in the 4th

Then look at a a DT and Safety with our sixth

7 we can do whatever with

Im confident that if we get Pacman and Roy we will without a doubt go for DMAC - and after that I couldnt care less if we throw darts at our draft board for our picks because we would be superbowl bound in 09

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
If Al Davis takes McFadden, the backs on the Raiders roster would be:
McFadden
Dominic Rhodes
Justin Fargas
LaMont Jordan
Michael Bush
Would Davis consider moving Bush for a late round pick or spare part?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
dirtycallahan;2009942 said:
If Al Davis takes McFadden, the backs on the Raiders roster would be:
McFadden
Dominic Rhodes
Justin Fargas
LaMont Jordan
Michael Bush
Would Davis consider moving Bush for a late round pick or spare part?

I wonder if Bush has healed completely finally. Poor guy, went from a 1st rounder to insurance.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Just something interesting they were showing Adam on NFLnetwork.com tonight and asked him about the rumor of Dallas moving up to trade for McFadden.

he broke down what it would take to move up and to move up to the #4 spot, the one everyone thinks Dallas is able to move up to and get DMac for their 2's, it takes 1800 points on the draft value chart.

Dallas two first rounders and their second rounder are worth only 1732 combined meaning the highest they could get would be the 5 spot and that is IF they gave up their 2 1's and their second.

So I'm not sure where anyone got this idea that they could just magically move up to #4 with their 2 1's but I hope that this clears up for people exactly how steep that move is. It's not just 2 1's, or even the 2 1's and the second. For the Raiders to get the value of their spot you're going to have to throw in a 4th pick to move up.

Once more...thanks but no thanks. No sense selling the farm, and the future to move up and get DMac.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2010366 said:
Just something interesting they were showing Adam on NFLnetwork.com tonight and asked him about the rumor of Dallas moving up to trade for McFadden.

he broke down what it would take to move up and to move up to the #4 spot, the one everyone thinks Dallas is able to move up to and get DMac for their 2's, it takes 1800 points on the draft value chart.

Dallas two first rounders and their second rounder are worth only 1732 combined meaning the highest they could get would be the 5 spot and that is IF they gave up their 2 1's and their second.

So I'm not sure where anyone got this idea that they could just magically move up to #4 with their 2 1's but I hope that this clears up for people exactly how steep that move is. It's not just 2 1's, or even the 2 1's and the second. For the Raiders to get the value of their spot you're going to have to throw in a 4th pick to move up.

Once more...thanks but no thanks. No sense selling the farm, and the future to move up and get DMac.

Darren McFadden is our William Wallace

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
No, he's not. But I do like that you tried to sway me with a Braveheart reference. Props for that. :)

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2010374 said:
No, he's not. But I do like that you tried to sway me with a Braveheart reference. Props for that. :)
how bout this. this team tends to look lost in december and in the playoffs. kinda like the lost boys. Darren McFadden is this teams peter pan

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
I love how people keep referring to the financial investment that McFadden brings.

But people didn't argue about all of the lower first round picks that were made because they don't mandate that big of an investment. Sure, fine... whatever... but what if they play higher than their draft standing? Those players are statistically more likely to mandate at least a 300% raise than say a player picked in the top 10. Those players are likely to receive less than a 50% raise. Name me a player in recent memory got that kind of a raise and was a top 10 pick.

So where is the risk in spending now on a player who will want that after his contract expires? All you fans for extending Ware, Canty, Newman, and Barber... can't use the "value" excuse now... Don't wanna sell the farm for him but you will to keep who you have.

But at one point Ware, Newman, Ellis, and Roy all had that problem. Do we wanna spend so much on one guy when we could use that money somewhere else down the line?

Look how they turned out. They are worth it... well... maybe not Roy... but the idea being is that they were all risk and no reward until they got on the field. McFadden is that player for us. And I'm sure he'd love to stick it to whoever thinks he's not.

For once, I'd love to get the opportunity at a hype machine and not take it like we did with Randy Moss. We all know how that masquerade turned out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2010366 said:

Unless he lives up to his billing.

I would give up that much for Peterson because I think Peterson would bring an almost automatic title.

If our team thinks he will be that same type of player then im on board with giving up a lot. Its worth a championship.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well you'd better not miss on that championship he's almost automatically bringing you, this year, cause picking him that high almost certainly ensures that you will NOT be resigning some of the other guys who will be FA at years end. You'll then need to take your pick of which guy you want to keep out of Newman, Canty, and T.O. cause with Ware coming up around the corner after that, and the money you'll be giving DMac for his 3-4 spot selection you're not keeping them all. I didn't put Barber in that mix cause if you're giving DMac that kind of money then you've made it clear that Barber is going elsewhere next year.