Zoners: most upside Rookie

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

What Rookie do you feel has the most upside in the future for our Cowboys? :star:

It is a tough question with our new kicker however, my 1st vote is for a tree ...an Ogletree that is......lol

I really love this kid and his 4.3 forty......smoothness.....confidense.....hands and attitude.

Which Rookie do you folks believe in 5 years we will remember the most?:star:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Victor Butler(Bob was actually right) has 3 sacks in very limited action. he needs more playing time on 3rd down.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of Hamlin, Williams, or Williams.

Based on what I have seen though i'd say Ogletree just because he is a receiver in Dallas and would have Romo throwing to him.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Its hard to say at this point, Butler is the only one besides Beuhler seeing any action.

reddyuta

Reaction score
i really like butler and jason williams.they could be starters for us down the road if they get it right.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Seems far too early to project that, just yet...While Ogletree and Butler have grabbed the headlines, Buehler has been the most productive thus far.

Wonder if newly acquired Jamar Love (CB) and his 4.35 40 speed might turn into something :confused:

ethiostar

Reaction score
At the risk of angering The Buehler, i will say Mike Hamlin. I really liked this pick.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
You know, Buehler is going to come over and kick you guy's a$$es for doubting him... :) He's that good.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
ethiostar;3067482 said:
At the risk of angering The Buehler, i will say Mike Hamlin. I really liked this pick.

Yeah, I really hope Dallas can get him some playing time this season. He was my pet cat all offseason. I don't think anybody should forget about Hodge either. I watched this kid play a lot of football at TCU, and he's a gamer. Certainly it won't be as an every down LB, but I think some day he'll play a big role situationaly, and on special tems. He was awesome on the safety blitz right up the gut with the Horned Frogs.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3067459 said:
Brandon Williams

You could tell from what Wade said at last Friday's PC that Wade loves this guy. So disappointing that he's out for the year... I just hope he's 100% next year because I think he really must have something.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Too early to judge this draft as half the players won't play this year because of injury.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3067534 said:
You could tell from what Wade said at last Friday's PC that Wade loves this guy. So disappointing that he's out for the year... I just hope he's 100% next year because I think he really must have something.

What did he say about him?

wconn1979

Reaction score
Buehler, but other than him Butler, KO is awesome but It is going to be hard to get him some playing time with Caryton, MA, RW in the line up.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CATCH17;3067556 said:
What did he say about him?

Nothing too specific and I don't mean to overblow it... It was just a question about why the young OLBs weren't spelling the starters more, and he said Brandon was going to be that guy for us.

It just sounded like as much as we've been frustrated that Butler hasn't played more, it's not that he's a rookie and Wade won't play rookies or any of those kinds of theories... Because if Williams were healthy he would've been playing already.

We knew Wade liked this guy from the start, but he kind of let it slip there just how much he intended to play him. You could just hear the disappointment in his voice when he mentioned him getting hurt.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Buehler for now. Butler and Olgetree will get more playing time as the year gets along.