Zoners: new WR already on team

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2220020 said:
Is Brandon Lloyd available? ;)

If he is, I'm sure that Snyder will send a fourth round pick to the Players Union to sign him.

cowboyed

Reaction score
firehawk350;2219570 said:
But the point is, in today's NFL, you can't have a NOBODY in the slot. They need Miles Austin or Sam Hurd in the slot at the very least. I'm not saying pull a trade for a fringe receiver like Jerry Porter, but at least scan the waiver wires for SOMEBODY. You can get a Joe Horn for a little above the vet min at this point. He's not going to win games for you, but you at least gotta respect him in the slot. Signing Horn for a one year deal, which you can cut him as soon as Austin and Hurd get healthy does absolutely nothing to your chances for Roy Williams next offseason.

Seriously, we fans always second guess the process of acquiring or not acquiring a receiver. I am taking the perspective that this organization knows a lot more about our needs than we do. I also believe they have an insight on who currently is available at the receivers position and what their pluses and minuses are.

I bet they even anticipate some of the players that could be released on waivers. For the most part you are not going to get a receiving stud off the waiver wire. Even if it is a proven veteran it could be one with diminishing skills and with hefty contract baggage.

At this juncture the team appears to be more comfortable with some of our injured receivers coming back in a few weeks. They are conditioned in the offense and working with the quarterback.

If there is reluctance to sign Joe Horn there must be some strong reasons for it. Please note other teams in need of an experienced receiver have not picked Horn up either, at this point juncture.