Zoners: NFL Coach of the Year

CowTipping

Reaction score
I have to agree that McCarthy deserves it more. I am personally shocked that he is winning with that team.

cowboy625

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1781108 said:
WADE PHILLIPS deserves it!

Bellacheat cheats......so that knocks out

Yeah Wade should certainly be a top candidate for that award,

Awesome Pic.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wade won't win because many folks feel he took a team someone else built and just tweaked it.

Nav22

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is a huge reason why Wade won't win it. Our D hasn't improved QUITE as much as expected (at least according to the media), while our offense has taken off.

And the offensive improvement has been credited to Garrett, since Wade is but a defensive guru (says the media).

Mike McCarthy will win it. 17-9 record since taking over a 4-12 team after '05.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Hostile;1781113 said:
I'd be willing to bet you the Packers Coach, Mike McCarthy, ends up winning it because they were so bad in recent years and no one expected this.
Wade definitely is worthy of consideration, but I'd probably vote for McCarthy. His team is 9-1 and is far less talented than the Cowboys (as we'll see in a few weeks). He's doing it with straw and bubble gum.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
abersonc;1781666 said:
Wade won't win because many folks feel he took a team someone else built and just tweaked it.

..................and McCarthy won't win cause they're just over acheiving. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure this would go for most improved, regardless.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I'd probably go with Crennel. Everyone, especially us here, thought that the Browns were going to be somewhere around where the phins are. Instead they probably make the playoffs in the AFC, despite playing in a division with 1 of the 3 good AFC teams in it.

Though I wouldn't count out Bellicheat. The national media thats attached below his waist are the people that vote on this stuff.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If NE goes undefeated I think Belliceat should get it. Say what you will about great players and cheating...only one other guy has gone undefeated. Thats saying something IMO.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Future;1782050 said:
If NE goes undefeated I think Belliceat should get it. Say what you will about great players and cheating...only one other guy has gone undefeated. Thats saying something IMO.

Even if wanted to go there... he got caught cheating THIS year.... against the Jets... game was 14-7 at the half... then Pats took cheating info and won that game. Could have been a loss.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
YoMick;1782054 said:
Even if wanted to go there... he got caught cheating THIS year.... against the Jets... game was 14-7 at the half... then Pats took cheating info and won that game. Could have been a loss.

Very good point, I hadn't thought about that. But they would not have lost to the Jets I'm sure regardless...if it had happened against the Colts it would be a different story.

Still, going undefeated requires great coaching, I don't care who you are.