Zoners: Our possible backup QB

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Hell no.

This guy was released while an Undrafted FA that didn't make our team last year takes over his job.

Parcells will most likely pick him up anyways.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
When he was released last year I thought he'd be a good backup for Romo until I actually saw him play. I was actually glad we signed Johnson instead.

So no thanks

skinsscalper

Reaction score
When I can HONESTLY say I'd rather have Brad Johnson, it's not good.

I'll pass.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
dangerdoom;1973471 said:
Hell no.

This guy was released while an Undrafted FA that didn't make our team last year takes over his job.

Parcells will most likely pick him up anyways.

Thats not to say we didn't want him around...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Carr is a perfect example of the importance of pocket presence in a QB. Here's a guy who has a cannon for an arm with uncanny accuracy and a lightning quick release. He's got the size and mobility (his yards per carry is quite good). But no pocket presence means he gets sacked and can't use those great attributes that he has.

I actually think he would've been great had he been with a coach like Parcells to start off his career instead of Capers.

YAKUZA

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
skinsscalper;1973499 said:
When I can HONESTLY say I'd rather have Brad Johnson, it's not good.

I'll pass.

I take Johnson because he's a good place holder. Unless McBriar learns how to placehold, it's important that the backup can place hold.

YAKUZA

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Right...we want the guy that Houston shipped out cause he couldn't start and then when he was given the backup role on another team managed to suck so badly that he moved from the starter (after Jake went down) to third string behind Vinny and a rookie?

Thanks, but no thanks.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1973457 said:

Two problems with this:

1. Please post more than just a link next time so I know what I am going to look at if I click on it. I would not have clicked on this one if I had known what it was.

2. Just say NO to David Carr!

I was very pleased for the Panthers when they signed Carr last season and thought he would beat out Delhomme for the starting job. Boy was I WRONG! (I was right on Matt Moore though and still wish we would have kept him instead of Johnson.) Carr was terrible last season and I wouldn't want him now. I thought his problems in Houston were due to the porous O-Line they had but apparently he had a lot to do with it.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
This is what you want him to be doing...:a-team:.....This is what he SHOULD be doing.... :hammock:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Won't happen due to money, but I'd take him over Brad Johnson, whom I have zero confidence in.

heavyg

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1973567 said:
Carr is a perfect example of the importance of pocket presence in a QB. Here's a guy who has a cannon for an arm with uncanny accuracy and a lightning quick release. He's got the size and mobility (his yards per carry is quite good). But no pocket presence means he gets sacked and can't use those great attributes that he has.

I actually think he would've been great had he been with a coach like Parcells to start off his career instead of Capers.

YAKUZA

I wonder if he has ever had a QB Coach like Wilson. Carr was great in HS and College. I think his time on a crappy Texan team hurt his development

burmafrd

Reaction score
250+ sacks behind what was unanimously considered the worst O line in football for the first 3 years. Its only been in the last two that there has been a real improvement in it. There is no way you can figure how Carr might have turned out if he had not been pounded into the ground like he was. I watched a fair number of Texan games his first two years= he was getting hit before he could set up.