Zoners: Peter King talking smart about ROMO

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Carolina Panthers (0-2) at Dallas Cowboys (1-1)

I've had enough of this get-rid-of-Tony Romo crap. It's ridiculous. This team lost to the Giants for many reasons, only one of which was Romo's three turnovers. It was more because a ridiculous early-season trend for the Cowboys continued. They haven't forced a turnover. They haven't sacked two immobile quarterbacks -- Byron Leftwich and Eli Manning -- in eight quarters. Until that changes, Dallas will be an incomplete team that has to win games by scoring in the thirties every week.

Prediction: Dallas Cowboys 33, Carolina Panthers 24

http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/peter_king?eref=sihpT1

CoCo

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2966490 said:

I've had enough of this get-rid-of-Tony Romo crap. It's ridiculous. This team lost to the Giants for many reasons, only one of which was Romo's three turnovers. It was more because a ridiculous early-season trend for the Cowboys continued. They haven't forced a turnover. They haven't sacked two immobile quarterbacks -- Byron Leftwich and Eli Manning -- in eight quarters. Until that changes, Dallas will be an incomplete team that has to win games by scoring in the thirties every week.

Very well said my well-fed friend. :thumbup:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Taking it overboard as if people really want Romo gone....Nobody wants Him gone, that's just stupid.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2966577 said:

:laugh2:

that dude also said he had a quad injury before and there is no way barber should miss anytime.

visionary

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2966577 said:

adam, you know that most people who have some issues with TR's play (including myself) feel that he is very talented and certainly dont want him gone. we just want him to work on improving (which by all accounts he is doing). i just think that he needs better coaching and guidance (but that is just my take on it).

I think that Yakuza is a level-headed person (from his posts) and doubt he actually means that.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
visionary;2966585 said:
adam, you know that most people who have some issues with TR's play (including myself) feel that he is very talented and certainly dont want him gone. we just want him to work on improving (which by all accounts he is doing). i just think that he needs better coaching and guidance (but that is just my take on it).

I think that Yakuza is a level-headed person (from his posts) and doubt he actually means that.

He has gone to great lengths to tell us fold on the bad hand the past 8 months.

He doesnt like him nor think he is any good and wants him removed. Which is his opinion and that is fine.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2966490 said:

http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/peter_king?eref=sihpT1

Word.

At least Romo can make up for some of his mistakes.

The defense, Wade's defense, was asked to make up for their mistakes on that last drive and had the Giants in a 2nd and 18 situation and blew it.

alancdc

Reaction score
QB is such a tough thing to figure out. Man, you look around the league and there are some pathetic QB's out there man. Romo isn't the best, but I'll be *#$&(&(^(*)_9 if I want 15-18 of the others. If he can only figure out how to protect the football.....

visionary

Reaction score
theebs;2966590 said:
He has gone to great lengths to tell us fold on the bad hand the past 8 months.

He doesnt like him nor think he is any good and wants him removed. Which is his opinion and that is fine.

i know he has posted this theebs, i just think (hope) that is out of frustration more than anything else. i really believe that a coach that romo respects can get the best out of him. unfortunately, i dont think we have that person on the current coaching staff.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I just wish we had a head coach that would take charge and tell Garrett when to take the ball out of Romo's hands.. I'm a big Romo supporter but he seems to have 2 to 3 awful games a year.. How do we lose a game when we rush for 250 yards.... :bang2:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
visionary;2966585 said:

Level-headed maybe, but he has said many times that he wants us to get rid of Romo and we'll never win a playoff game with him. It's not something he posted one time out of frustration, then changed his mind. I'm pretty sure he actually means it.

visionary

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2966618 said:
Level-headed maybe, but he has said many times that he wants us to get rid of Romo and we'll never win a playoff game with him. It's not something he posted one time out of frustration, then changed his mind. I'm pretty sure he actually means it.

i think he will change his mind again when we win the playoff game with romo leading the charge

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Vinnie2u;2966616 said:
How do we lose a game when we rush for 250 yards....

It usually doesn't matter what you rush for if your opponent passes the ball better than you do. Tennessee rushed for 240 and lost on the same day. In the 1990s, we beat the Giants once when they rushed for 244. A few years ago, the Bills blew out the Dolphins even though Miami rushed for 270. Last year, the Jets lost to the Raiders despite rushing for 242.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2966631 said:
It usually doesn't matter what you rush for if your opponent passes the ball better than you do. Tennessee rushed for 240 and lost on the same day. In the 1990s, we beat the Giants once when they rushed for 244. A few years ago, the Bills blew out the Dolphins even though Miami rushed for 270. Last year, the Jets lost to the Raiders despite rushing for 242.

Thanks for making me feel better....

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2966631 said:
How...where do you keep these stats? You ALWAYS seem to have these seemingly obscure statistics readily at hand. :confused:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2966631 said:

Exactly right.....running the ball will control the clock.....however, this is a passing NFL now-a-days and those are the teams that will win the SB.

You must be able to pass and run to control the clock when the game is safe.