Zoners: ROMO is a very tough QB

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I was watching the NFL Network sounds of the game last night
It showed the hit ROMO took that broke his collar bone.
Did you Zoner’s realize our trainers had to physically remove ROMO from returning to the game and take his helmet? ROMO is a great leader and tough QB—PERIOD.
I have read some of you question his toughness and leadership……you must of not seen this show.
He is no Cutler folks.:bow:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Totally agree on Romo. I'll go on record as saying Cutler's no whimp, either.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
This just reminds fans how lucky we are for a day or two. Tomorrow all will be forgotten and the baseless hating shall continue.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Idgit;3830339 said:

Yeah, Cutler just won't finish a big time NFC Championship game with the Super Bowl on the line because of a strained knee. But yeah, give me Cutler all day.

:thumbdo:

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Idgit;3830339 said:

Cutler's "toughness" is getting trashed right now.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Yes hes tough yet people still talk negative smack about him...even Cowboys fans real Cowboys fans come up to me and say he ain't no leader, that if he was he'd be playing during the season, i showed them the Video of the Sounds of the NFL and still they don't get it, He's going to comeback with a fir ZONERS i'll asure you that, many people don't believe in him but I'm a Huge Believer, GO TONY!!!GO COWBOYS!!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SDCowboy85;3830376 said:
Cutler's "toughness" is getting trashed right now.

Totally. But I'm impressed with how his team stood up for him. Ownership, too. I think Cutler's just one of those guys who's cursed with a whiny punk face that makes people not like him on sight. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I don't think being a wimp is one of his failings.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Fletch;3830374 said:
Yeah, Cutler just won't finish a big time NFC Championship game with the Super Bowl on the line because of a strained knee. But yeah, give me Cutler all day.

:thumbdo:

Yeah, because being able to set and throw properly is so over-rated....:rolleyes:

And I don't even care for Cutler much, but he should be shot down for his own stuff, not internet he man complaints.

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3830267 said:
I was watching the NFL Network sounds of the game last night
It showed the hit ROMO took that broke his collar bone.
Did you Zoner’s realize our trainers had to physically remove ROMO from returning to the game and take his helmet? ROMO is a great leader and tough QB—PERIOD.
I have read some of you question his toughness and leadership……you must of not seen this show.
He is no Cutler folks.:bow:

Well, RoyTheHammer disagrees with you entirely, and because he has Homer Simpson in a tuxedo winking for his avatar, that means that he has the decisive word on all matters pertaining to Tony Romo. Your case is dismissed; Tony Romo is an infidel, backwards-hat-wearing, leaderless oaf. We'll never win with him.

Reaction score
Romo is one tough ************ no question about it. So is Cutler, the dude had a garbage offensive line just like Tony, got sacked like 50 times and still kept getting up. The Bears are nothing without Cutler. If Cutler actually had a decent recieving core and or offensive line he would be seen as an elite quarterback.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3830274 said:
Tough competitor, no doubt.

Witten Praises Romo’s CommitmentPosted on January 31, 2011 at 5:55 pm by Kelly Horn
Check out what Jason Witten had to say in an ESPN Dallas radio interview last Friday regarding Tony Romo.

Do you think Tony Romo gets a little too much criticism from experts? As a person catching passes from him, what do you think makes him a good quarterback?

Well, absolutely, I feel like there’s a lot of criticism that comes his way and obviously I’m biased because I’ve played with him for a long time and is a good friend. But, first of all, regardless of where you got him ranked on your list of quarterbacks, he’s one of the most competitive guys I know. So, questioning that aspect of the game: does he want to get back? Did he check out at the end? I mean, it’s just ridiculous. He’s one the hardest working guys I know; he’s definitely the most competitive guy I know in everything that he does.

I think that’s why he has success, whether it’s playing rec league basketball or golf or a two minute drive on Thursday in an OTA in May. He wants to win and I think that’s a great attribute that you look for in your quarterback and leader. That guy is going to have a high standard and everybody else needs to jump onboard, all in. And that’s the way we need to play too and so I think he’s an elite quarterback. I think he’s more motivated now than he’s ever been and throughout this experience: getting hurt, having to watch and see us fight like we did and watching Kitna come in and play so well and just wanting to be a part of that. It’s hard when the game is taken away from you like that and I think this experience is going to make him a better quarterback because of it, and I know he’s anxious to go back out there and play and lead our team and jump back into the foxhole with us.

Just like Jason Witten, I have complete faith in Tony Romo. I hear critics and fans both criticize Romo and I still can not fathom why. Maybe it just comes with the job of being the leader of America’s Team. Were there people that didn’t like Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach in their days? Probably so, although I can’t imagine that either. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying he’s reached their stature yet, but he certainly has the talent and determination. It’s up to him and his teammates if they will become champions of the star or just another number in the reference books.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
I guess what I don't get is that he doesn't act like a Troy Aikman or even Jon Kitna.Grow up turn your hat around, shave, and be a man.I'm sick of Romo the child.Tell him to grow up and look like the leader of the Cowboys.I never appreciated Aikman enough until we got Romo.Sorry my wife has bad mouthed Romo all year long and I guess I'm starting to agree with her.

BubbleScreen

Reaction score
All Romo needs is a decent defense in the postseason. Offense gets you in the playoffs, but defense wins championships. When healthy, Romo has delivered.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Idgit;3830386 said:
Totally. But I'm impressed with how his team stood up for him. Ownership, too. I think Cutler's just one of those guys who's cursed with a whiny punk face that makes people not like him on sight. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I don't think being a wimp is one of his failings.

Those sharp, rat-like features are from many years of inbreeding.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
IgorTheMan99;3831174 said:
All Romo needs is a decent defense in the postseason. Offense gets you in the playoffs, but defense wins championships. When healthy, Romo has delivered.

Our offense put up 3 points against Minny in '09. Even if we had the Steelers D we wouldn't have won that game.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;3831220 said:
Our offense put up 3 points against Minny in '09. Even if we had the Steelers D we wouldn't have won that game.

We actually very well might have. We came out strong early and then folded after Favre made some unbelievably dangerous throws. Once they got up by two scores, we were toast.

The other possibility is that a better defense might have meant not having to go on the road in MIN to get to the Superbowl. That also would have made a huge difference.