Zoners: ROMO is a very tough QB

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Idgit;3831335 said:
We actually very well might have. We came out strong early and then folded after Favre made some unbelievably dangerous throws. Once they got up by two scores, we were toast.

The other possibility is that a better defense might have meant not having to go on the road in MIN to get to the Superbowl. That also would have made a huge difference.

Our D was second in the league.. doesn't get much better than allowing only 15 points a game.

..and why would we be "toast" just because they were up 2 scores? You act like every team who gets down by two scores in a playoff game always loses.. we might as well just hung it up at that point right? I mean with Romo and our offense we had no chance at coming back right? That makes no sense..

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;3831533 said:
..and why would we be "toast" just because they were up 2 scores? You act like every team who gets down by two scores in a playoff game always loses.. we might as well just hung it up at that point right? I mean with Romo and our offense we had no chance at coming back right? That makes no sense..

It doesn't make any sense. But it's also not what I said.

The other team's defense changes when they're playing with a two-score lead. I'm not at all saying every team who gets down by two scores loses. But it changes how the unit you're playing against attacks you when they know you're going to pass. You know this is true.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Our O line collapsing has been the biggest reason behind our late season and playoff losses. Giants in 2007. Philly 2008. Minnie 2009. In each of those games our O line was owned.

Internet tough guys make me puke. Everyone of you gomers tearing down Cutler or Tony would fold up and piss your pants after just a couple of downs in the NFL getting thumped by people weighing over 300lbs and strong enough to pick you up and toss you across the room.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Idgit;3831586 said:
It doesn't make any sense. But it's also not what I said.

The other team's defense changes when they're playing with a two-score lead. I'm not at all saying every team who gets down by two scores loses. But it changes how the unit you're playing against attacks you when they know you're going to pass. You know this is true.

Its actually exactly what you said.. "Once we were down by two scores, we were toast."

Of course i agree the defense changes at different points of the game, but Romo and our offense shouldn't have completely collapsed as they did. Our entire team had a meltdown that day, its stuff like that that's hard to swallow.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;3831613 said:
Its actually exactly what you said.. "Once we were down by two scores, we were toast."

Of course i agree the defense changes at different points of the game, but Romo and our offense shouldn't have completely collapsed as they did. Our entire team had a meltdown that day, its stuff like that that's hard to swallow.

It's not. You know exactly what I was saying. In that game, in that setting, against that front, going down by multiple scores ended up doing us in because they pinned their ears back and ate our line whole. Once that happened, the QB had no chance, and all the skill players in the world didn't matter.

There's no need to generalize it to all playoff teams in all playoff games ever. It's not an excuse. It's just what happened in that particular game situation. But that game would have turned out very differently if we hadn't given up the scores on the trademark Favre passes.

rcaldw

Reaction score
I think Romo is plenty tough, but forgive me for being a bit jaded. I think those guys know when they are miked up, and that this stuff will end up on TV sooner or later.

See Hank Stram during the Chiefs Super Bowl win over the Vikings. Guy knew he was gonna be on TV later.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Idgit;3831694 said:
It's not. You know exactly what I was saying. In that game, in that setting, against that front, going down by multiple scores ended up doing us in because they pinned their ears back and ate our line whole. Once that happened, the QB had no chance, and all the skill players in the world didn't matter.

There's no need to generalize it to all playoff teams in all playoff games ever. It's not an excuse. It's just what happened in that particular game situation. But that game would have turned out very differently if we hadn't given up the scores on the trademark Favre passes.

If that was the case then every defense would just pin their ears back and come after the QB every down.. because no OL in the world can defend 7 or 8 guys coming after the QB with only 5 or 6 blocking.

If we would have utilized some quick slants and passes to the flat to counter the blitzing and pass rush, that would have been a good response. Certainly no team is out of it down two scores in the playoffs, you don't make it that far without knowing how to react and counter in tough situations throughout the season. We just had a complete meltdown that game.

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3831220 said:
Our offense put up 3 points against Minny in '09. Even if we had the Steelers D we wouldn't have won that game.

Because the offensive line couldn't block to save their lives.

utrunner07

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3830267 said:
I was watching the NFL Network sounds of the game last night
It showed the hit ROMO took that broke his collar bone.
Did you Zoner’s realize our trainers had to physically remove ROMO from returning to the game and take his helmet? ROMO is a great leader and tough QB—PERIOD.
I have read some of you question his toughness and leadership……you must of not seen this show.
He is no Cutler folks.:bow:

Did we just travel through a worm hole back in time?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;3831719 said:
If that was the case then every defense would just pin their ears back and come after the QB every down.. because no OL in the world can defend 7 or 8 guys coming after the QB with only 5 or 6 blocking.

If we would have utilized some quick slants and passes to the flat to counter the blitzing and pass rush, that would have been a good response. Certainly no team is out of it down two scores in the playoffs, you don't make it that far without knowing how to react and counter in tough situations throughout the season. We just had a complete meltdown that game.

Every team does pin their ears back and come after the QB when they have a convincing lead and the game is still in question. Some OLs *do* handle it. And they do it by running plays designed to beat it and get the ball out. Which is what we obviously tried to do, too. Romo didn't even have time to get those off. For whatever reason, it was a jailbreak that day.