Zoners: Significant Cowboys news finally ;-)

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Doomsday Duck;3906330 said:
I thought the Alamodome turf was the same style used in Cowboys Stadium?

Maybe not exact "grade". But, I didnt think it was old school astro turf that was basically concrete

IIRC, the team brought their own turf to the Alamo Dome last year with them. I swear it was the pelletized stuff we see on TV.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;3906328 said:
Crazy, you could show us around, like a tour group.
A dysfunctional tour group. Fights breaking out. Name calling. Calling dem out. reviewing transcripts, looking up quotes and posts. Getting in yo face.

Damn, we is dysfunctional with a capital D. Nevermind, Crazy, you dont need this.

I would be glad to show you Zoners the best, air conditioned seats in the Dome :laugh1:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday Duck;3906330 said:
I thought the Alamodome turf was the same style used in Cowboys Stadium?

Maybe not exact "grade". But, I didnt think it was old school astro turf that was basically concrete

I have been on the turf......it is the new stuff with the little rubber balls that fly up.....but, dang the turf is hard or I am old or both lol:)

skicat1898

Reaction score
It isn't that the turf is hard,,, ground is hard too... The softness of natural turf is referring to the give when you plant and cut on routes and such. The new style artificial stuff they use in SA is simular to Cowboys stadium.

As far as weather is concerned,,, it is a balmy 72 degrees at practice time inside the dome,,,, weather isn't a issue.

superpunk

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3906122 said:
Yes, I agree Oxnard is much better for the players and the grass turf was nice and I loved visiting Oxnard etc........however, comma, I live 17 miles from the Dome so I hope you can understand my EXCITEMENT!
what is this about question mark

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;3906131 said:
The dual location never bothered me just as I am 100% sure it never bothered the players.

You be 1,000,000% sure and it wouldn't matter, as you aren't a player and you don't know what's going through the minds of 100% of the players.

Personally, if I were playing I'd hate switching camps midway through.

Just My Opinion

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SDogo;3906394 said:
I just find it funny just this past month we have a thread debating the split camp and it's taken over by people bashing Jerry for it and now we have a thread stating just the opposite and not a mention of Jerry in it.

Strange how that works.

Actually some people did mention Jerry before you posted.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;3906131 said:
The dual location never bothered me just as I am 100% sure it never bothered the players.

I agree. The Cowboys were playing on the west coast anyways so in the end it saved them the flight back to SA. If anyone was inconvenient it would be the equipment manager

Doomsay

Reaction score
SDogo;3906397 said:
I'm certain Jason had a say but Jerry would of done anything he wanted. He deserves some credit for doing the right thing, making a change and letting his coach run the show. It's what everyone wants.

By the way, what the hell you doing up so early! lol

I thought that Jerry always let the coaches run the show an never m........, why would he deserve any credit for doing what he has always done? ;)

Ashwynn

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3906107 said:
Im willing to bet JG had ALOT to do with it.

Thank you Big Red. No more Camp Circus.

My thoughts exactly. Bulls eye.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Count me in the camp that did think it effected performance last year. I don't think it effected it as much as a soft practice regiment put I do think that there is something to be said about consistency.

I think Jimmy had the right idea about how camp should be run and I think Red probably learned something from that.

Good Job Jerry!

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;3906458 said:
You be 1,000,000% sure and it wouldn't matter, as you aren't a player and you don't know what's going through the minds of 100% of the players.

You would have to be omniscience to know that.