Zoners: Significant Cowboys news finally ;-)

Doomsay

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3906147 said:
They went to SA first, then Valley Ranch, then Oxford, then back to Valley Ranch.

No other NFL team has that kind of travel schedule during TC. Hard to focus on the process when the process includes picking up every couple days or weeks and having to get settled quickly and get right back into it where you left off in a different location.

This disjointed schedule wasn't important..... according to the same people that insisted that last year's pre-season performance...wasn't an issue.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Once again Jerry proves the nay sayers wrong yet is over looked in this decision.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Dual locations and distractions did hurt the team. Good to see that lesson has been learned, well at least one season. I am also happy it is in SA because i can go watch them this year again.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I don't think its the split camps that was problem last year. It was the fact that Jerry intervened with how the TC was going once Dez got hurt. That has been overlooked a lot. Wade laid off the players once Jerry made bit of stink about TC being too hard or something to that effect.

I think thats not going to happen this year, and Garrett I am pretty sure will put his foot down if Jerry tries to do that, not that Jerry will ever repeat that again.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Hostile;3906141 said:
During the season by week 17 it can be 9 locations. I am 100% convinced it had nothing to do with the results last year.
They were the first to start and the last to break. I definitely feel there was some effect.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Hostile;3906114 said:
I wish it was in Oxnard. I don't like the turf in SA.

Exactly how I feel. Oxnard seems like the ideal place weather-wise and for the playing surface.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is great news. Especially for Ryan and the defense. Last year just seemed so crazy.

rash

Reaction score
thats good to know.

our agenda following this news should consist of:

-keeping dez in check
-lighting fire under jenkin's behind so he can work up to his potential
-and leave the rest to keith brooking :rolleyes:

bluenut

Reaction score
Glad to see it at one location...but definitely the wrong one. Oxnard is ideal for all the aforementioned reasons. I also live 2 hours from it!! Darn it..:mad:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Crazy, you could show us around, like a tour group.
A dysfunctional tour group. Fights breaking out. Name calling. Calling dem out. reviewing transcripts, looking up quotes and posts. Getting in yo face.

Damn, we is dysfunctional with a capital D. Nevermind, Crazy, you dont need this.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
I thought the Alamodome turf was the same style used in Cowboys Stadium?

Maybe not exact "grade". But, I didnt think it was old school astro turf that was basically concrete

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
RS12;3906151 said:
Sucks for me, Oxnard 15 minutes away and a balmy 75 degrees in August.

It always sucks for you.
Oxnard is hick country. I'm calling you out.
Oxnard or Farmers Branch? Any sane person would say Farmers Branch, leaders in trailer hitch and square dance innovation.

Suffer in Oxnard.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I wish they would have it in North Richland Hills, so I can walk over and watch everyday. :D

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
The split camp may not have been as damaging as their ballet practice of a camp. Glad to know it's in ONE location and their will be PADS.

...i hope the players, at the end of camp, say it's the toughest training camp they've endured.

SDogo

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3906198 said:
:rolleyes: Come on SDogo

I just find it funny just this past month we have a thread debating the split camp and it's taken over by people bashing Jerry for it and now we have a thread stating just the opposite and not a mention of Jerry in it.

Strange how that works.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
SDogo;3906394 said:
I just find it funny just this past month we have a thread debating the split camp and it's taken over by people bashing Jerry for it and now we have a thread stating just the opposite and not a mention of Jerry in it.

Strange how that works.

If Jerry had his way again.. do you think he'd do anything different from what he had the team do last season?

Split the camps and maximize the profit he could make on the different venues? Because i don't think its unreasonable to think that JG might have had a say in the switch.

SDogo

Reaction score
I'm certain Jason had a say but Jerry would of done anything he wanted. He deserves some credit for doing the right thing, making a change and letting his coach run the show. It's what everyone wants.

By the way, what the hell you doing up so early! lol

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
SDogo;3906397 said:
I'm certain Jason had a say but Jerry would of done anything he wanted. He deserves some credit for doing the right thing, making a change and letting his coach run the show. It's what everyone wants.

Im actually up late.. bout to go to bed in a few minutes here haha. My body clock is all messed up.

I agree though, Jerry should get some credit, i just felt it was reasonable to believe it was a JG suggestion.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
SDogo;3906397 said:

If nothing else people need to acknowledge that Jones does and will listen to his coaches, scouts and other front office people.

Jerry signed off on this no matter how you want to spin it. He deserves credit.