Zoners: Talented and True Blue

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

I am officially "on the record" saying, this 2008/09 version of Americas Team displays the most talent of ANY Cowboy team in our history--yes ANY!;)

Remember, before you slam me.......I said "most talent" not "best team"......however, comma, I will be saying that after our big win in Tampa, Feb 09.:starspin

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I disagree but that is ok. I love this team :starspin

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2246403 said:
Im going to need some research. Facts, graphs, venn diamgrams.
You don't need all that stuff. CC's word should be enough. :laugh2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I think you could make a case for it being more talented if you go position for position. Whether or not that produces championships remains to be seen.

ravidubey

Reaction score
On balance the 92/93 team was more talented.

Adams == Tunei
Kosier < Newton
Gurode > Stepnoski
Davis > Gogan
Columbo << Big E
Barber/Jones/Choice < Emmitt/Richards
Cricket << Moose
Romo < Troy (sorry, Tony, but Troy was at his best in the playoffs)
TO == Irvin
Witten == Novacek
Crayton < Harper
Hurd < KMart

Ware < Haley/Jeffcoat
Spears/Hatcher < Tolbert/Jones
Ratliff/Tank < Maryland/Lett
Canty < Casillas/Hennings

James < Norton Jr
Thomas/Carp > Vinson Smith/Robert Jones

Newman == Pup
Henry > Brown
Williams < Everett
Hamlin << Woodson
Jones >> Gant *in nickel the 92 team played 3 safeties instead of 3 CBS

Folk > Willis/Elliot

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ravidubey;2246492 said:
On balance the 92/93 team was more talented.

Adams == Tunei
Kosier < Newton
Gurode > Stepnoski
Davis > Gogan
Columbo << Big E
Barber/Jones/Choice < Emmitt/Richards
Cricket << Moose
Romo < Troy (sorry, Tony, but Troy was at his best in the playoffs)
TO == Irvin
Witten == Novacek
Crayton < Harper
Hurd < KMart

Ware < Haley/Jeffcoat
Spears/Hatcher < Tolbert/Jones
Ratliff/Tank < Maryland/Lett
Canty < Casillas/Hennings

James < Norton Jr
Thomas/Carp > Vinson Smith/Robert Jones

Newman == Pup
Henry > Brown
Williams < Everett
Hamlin << Woodson
Jones >> Gant *in nickel the 92 team played 3 safeties instead of 3 CBS

Folk > Willis/Elliot

I think your being a little bias. Considering this team smashed almost every individual offensive record in cowboy history. Depsite the knock on RW poor play I find it hard to believe theres another Cowboy safety not named Woodson you could consider better than him. Ware is going to have the sack record in a cowboy of years. Witten > Novachek Hurd > Kmart TO > Irvin Romo > Troy

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2246503 said:
I think your being a little bias. Considering this team smashed almost every individual offensive record in cowboy history. Depsite the knock on RW poor play I find it hard to believe theres another Cowboy safety not named Woodson you could consider better than him. Ware is going to have the sack record in a cowboy of years. Witten > Novachek Hurd > Kmart TO > Irvin Romo > Troy

I agree with you.......it is just so hard because the bottom line is the special fact that those teams won three Super Bowls.....therefore they are by far our best team!

I just believe the physical talent is greater on this team.

For instance: Ware is the best physical talent we have had a LB, unless, maybe Hollywood.

Romo has more talent......Arm, feel, moxie, talent then Aikman and Roger....but, again they have the rings and until ROMO gets that ring....he is firmly 3rd place.

ejthedj

Reaction score
ridiculous analysis

Newman>Pup
TO>Irvin
Witten>Novacek
Romo>Troy (in regular season)
Ware/Ellis>Tolbert scrubs
Ratliff/Tank>Fat *** Maryland and loser Lett
LBs not even close, neither DBs
Oline about even--

This year's team looks more talented on offense and defense to me. People overrate the 90s D--it wasn't dominant, even with Deion later on

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
ejthedj;2247204 said:
ridiculous analysis

Newman>Pup
TO>Irvin
Witten>Novacek
Romo>Troy (in regular season)
Ware/Ellis>Tolbert scrubs
Ratliff/Tank>Fat *** Maryland and loser Lett
LBs not even close, neither DBs
Oline about even--

This year's team looks more talented on offense and defense to me. People overrate the 90s D--it wasn't dominant, even with Deion later on

LOL! Acid sure is fun I guess. Lett alone by himself was better than Ratliff/Tank. Too funny. I didn't even mention Tony Casillas, who was a great player.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2246503 said:

I love ware. He is going to be in the ring of honor someday.

But catching the all time team sack record will be tough. I hope he can do it though.

Harvey martin has 114 and randy white 111.

Those are some pretty goudy numbers. ware has 32 through 3 seasons. It will be something if he catches them.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2246396 said:
Zoners:

I am officially "on the record" saying, this 2008/09 version of Americas Team displays the most talent of ANY Cowboy team in our history--yes ANY!;)

Remember, before you slam me.......I said "most talent" not "best team"......however, comma, I will be saying that after our big win in Tampa, Feb 09.:starspin

You forgot to say, "point blank."

Re the best team ever. It was Jimmy's team in the last season he won a Lombardini.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2247268 said:
The way athletes are today, I think a mediocore team could beat those teams

You think an average team today could beat the 90's cowboys SB teams???

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
You think an average team today could beat the 90's cowboys SB teams???

I do.

Athletes are becoming ridiculously bigger and faster. I dont know how those teams would deal w/ a guy like Adrian Peterson.

And in 15 years we will have guys run sub 4.0 40's, jumping 50+ inches, and benching 225 like 55 times.

mmohican29

Reaction score
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I really don't think any team in the history of the league could beat those teams 3 out of 5 times. Not the 85' Bears, the 86' Giants, the 89-91 49ers, none of the great Steelers teams either. To say that a MEDIOCRE team in the watered down NFL of today could defeat the 92-93 Dallas Cowboys teams is outrageous.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I would trade all these talented players if it could mean another super bowl. I'm about the end result, that's all.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2246616 said:
I agree with you.......it is just so hard because the bottom line is the special fact that those teams won three Super Bowls.....therefore they are by far our best team!

I just believe the physical talent is greater on this team.

For instance: Ware is the best physical talent we have had a LB, unless, maybe Hollywood.

Romo has more talent......Arm, feel, moxie, talent then Aikman and Roger....but, again they have the rings and until ROMO gets that ring....he is firmly 3rd place.

Yea but you said talented not who had the rings. Also championships IMO don't always define QB's how Aikman Post Season accomplishments are very impressive.

theebs;2247225 said:
I love ware. He is going to be in the ring of honor someday.

But catching the all time team sack record will be tough. I hope he can do it though.

Harvey martin has 114 and randy white 111.

Those are some pretty goudy numbers. ware has 32 through 3 seasons. It will be something if he catches them.

After Ware puts up 20 this year you will change your tone. Heck at 32 he can play the next 10 season and average 8.5 sacks and break the record

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Clove;2247433 said:
I would trade all these talented players if it could mean another super bowl. I'm about the end result, that's all.

I'd rather win with a group a classy guys than bring in some jerks. I hate to see a team win a superbowl after they got rid of a coach thats been there for years or a player. Like Warrick Dunn with tampa.