Zoners: We should go to JAIL!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners: we STOLE Dez Bryant .....period.

I called it (lucky), but I stated that Mr. Jones would get Dez Bryant!

I am so EXCITED!

:bow:

Am I the only on PARTYING?

juck

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3363443 said:
If WR was our #1 need I would be excited.

It wasn't and I'm not.
U will be when hes returning punts to the house and catching everything thrown his way. He is a young TO who can catch.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
juck;3363457 said:
U will be when hes returning punts to the house and catching everything thrown his way. He is a young TO who can catch.

I hate when I agree with Juck.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score

It wasn't and I'm not.

With all respect...."think outside the box"

RW11 is not scarying anyone.

Dez Bryant will change the entire complexion of our offensive schemes

-- Felix Jones, Austin, Witten, .......and now Dez .....RW11 might do something.

this is a great day for Cowboy fans.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score

It wasn't and I'm not.

We had one receiver who has proven himself on this team. Insurance is never a bad thing, not to mention when it comes in the form of a player that can still start even as the team's second-best player at his position.

Secondly, we always scream to take the BPA. So when we do, we should draft for need? Yet when we take the need pick, we should draft BPA? Confused.

The only time I'm anti-BPA is when you're talking about a guy that couldn't get on the field on your squad for some time. A QB, a TE, a RB, a ILB, an OLB would fit those descriptions. I wouldn't want a No. 1 pick at any of those spots this year. But when you're talking about a guy who might well start from Day 1, how is it not fit a quasi need?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RainMan;3363468 said:
Secondly, we always scream to take the BPA. So when we do, we should draft for need? Yet when we take the need pick, we should draft BPA? Confused.
I'll give you that. Good call.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3363467 said:
With all respect...."think outside the box"

RW11 is not scarying anyone.

Dez Bryant will change the entire complexion of our offensive schemes

-- Felix Jones, Austin, Witten, .......and now Dez .....RW11 might do something.

this is a great day for Cowboy fans.

That's the thing that's always scared me about this offense. We were dead without Austin (we saw what pre-Austin life was like). Now, Roy becomes a luxury. If the light clicks, hooray us. If not, sayanora.

rickster14

Reaction score
With very few exceptions (Like QB if you already have a good one), you can't go wrong taking the top pick on your board. Dez was a consensus Top 10-15 talent who we got 14 picks later.

Great talent & Great value.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

It wasn't and I'm not.
wow catching up on "lost" i am shocked...joe i agree with you ..but i will add i am excited about the talent..but damn...we did have a need....not at the wr

Air Force One

Reaction score
RainMan;3363486 said:
That's the thing that's always scared me about this offense. We were dead without Austin (we saw what pre-Austin life was like). Now, Roy becomes a luxury. If the light clicks, hooray us. If not, sayanora.
That's a great point. Plus hopefully having a young kid nipping at his heals is what RW needs to finally get motivated and get his head in the game.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I think Dez will be motivated with all the crap he has been taking. And I love the fact that he was super excited to be a Cowboy...

Bizwah

Reaction score

It wasn't and I'm not.

I agree somewhat.

We were (and even more now) good at WR.

But we really don't have many pressing needs. And, all the good OTs are gone. I'm not a huge fan of the pick.....but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I'm curious who his agent is....I hope he gets into camp right away.

es22

Reaction score
RainMan;3363468 said:
We had one receiver who has proven himself on this team. Insurance is never a bad thing, not to mention when it comes in the form of a player that can still start even as the team's second-best player at his position.

The only time I'm anti-BPA is when you're talking about a guy that couldn't get on the field on your squad for some time. A QB, a TE, a RB, a ILB, an OLB would fit those descriptions. I wouldn't want a No. 1 pick at any of those spots this year. But when you're talking about a guy who might well start from Day 1, how is it not fit a quasi need?

Excellent post.

I was sick of the Kavika Pittman, Shante Carvers of the world. Dez is a top 5 talent who was at the top of our board. You win with great players pushing each other, not via need.

Great pick by the Jones'.