Zoners: We should go to JAIL!

DFWJC

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3363433 said:
Zoners: we STOLE Dez Bryant .....period.

I called it (lucky), but I stated that Mr. Jones would get Dez Bryant!

I am so EXCITED!

:bow:

Am I the only on PARTYING?
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a huge steal

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Considering a couple of years ago Jerry claimed he would not take a WR in the 1st rd tells me that the Cowboys were very impressed by Dez.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I love the pick, in my opinion the Boys had one legitimate WR threat and his name is Miles Austin. Roy can't catch or run a route, Crayton is very average and they don't have a clue about Ogletree.

It's a passing league and this guy is going to make the Boys a devastating offense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bizwah;3363523 said:
I agree somewhat.

We were (and even more now) good at WR.

But we really don't have many pressing needs. And, all the good OTs are gone. I'm not a huge fan of the pick.....but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I'm curious who his agent is....I hope he gets into camp right away.

I agree there was a big run on OL some of the guys the Cowboys were looking at were gone, we still can address OL in the 2nd rd where there is going to be some good picks at OL

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
RainMan;3363486 said:
That's the thing that's always scared me about this offense. We were dead without Austin (we saw what pre-Austin life was like). Now, Roy becomes a luxury. If the light clicks, hooray us. If not, sayanora.

I think you also have to consider Dez as insurance if Austin fades this year as well.

I'm not trying to say that Austin will be a one year wonder but you have consider the possibility that last year was a fluke.With bringing Dez onboard you have a top 10 talent to fall back on if either Williams or Austin falter during the 2010 season.It may also allow Crayton to be shopped for a late round pick in the coming days.

Whatever happens from here on out as it pertains to the receiving core will be of interest.I would think that Crayton/Hurd/Ogletree are on thin ice at the moment since Austin/Williams/Bryant are locks for the 2010 roster.

Craig

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Holy crap.....if you aren't excited about this pick there is something wrong with you.

If you didn't think we could get better at WR, you don't know football. Was it our BIGGEST need.....no? But we aren't exactly stacked with playmakers at WR.

Are we better? AB-SO-FREAKIN-LUTELY.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
We'll see if it was a steal, but really there were no gamebreakers left other than Dez.

I had us taken who the Pats took with our 27th pick, Devin McCortey, but who else would we have gotten really? Odrick?

monkey

Reaction score

I am so EXCITED!

Nope, you are not. I completely agree that getting Dez was a steal (especially in comparison to Denver and Tebow). As an OSU fan, I was hoping Dez would go early in the first (like he would have without all the bad buzz), but I am going to love seeing him wear the blue Cowboy uniform!

Romo is going to have another weapon to use now.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Bizwah;3363523 said:
I agree somewhat.

We were (and even more now) good at WR.

But we really don't have many pressing needs. And, all the good OTs are gone. I'm not a huge fan of the pick.....but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I'm curious who his agent is....I hope he gets into camp right away.

Eugene Parker. He's done a lot of business with Dallas.

bigE79

Reaction score

I am so EXCITED!

Im with you CC...woooooooooooooooo...GO COWBOYS:beer2:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3363538 said:
Considering a couple of years ago Jerry claimed he would not take a WR in the 1st rd tells me that the Cowboys were very impressed by Dez.

Exactly!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I am excited. The Cowboys didn't reach for a pick, they took a player at good value who has the potential to be a contributor to he team for the next decade.

What's not to be happy about?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
TheCount;3363598 said:
We'll see if it was a steal, but really there were no gamebreakers left other than Dez.

I had us taken who the Pats took with our 27th pick, Devin McCortey, but who else would we have gotten really? Odrick?

Absolutely terrific points. But here's another...... Other than CJ Spiller, who is a better TD machine per opportunity and/or game breaker in this draft?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm SO pumped to get Dez!

But can you guys believe that Kyle Wilson lasted that long too?

And no Kindle or Clausen in Rd1 is a shocker...lmao. wow

Also, Jax could have got their guy (Alualu) later and added a pick or two...so that was more pick management. He may end up a star though.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Dez was one hell of a pick.

IMO we now have the best WR corps in the league is RW11 plays halfway decent.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dez on the field is a Larry Fitzgerald clone. It's not a joke or an over estimation of his talent. We're a weird team to deal with offensively now by adding him.

Yes, freakingly weird and that's awesome!!!!!

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score

I am so EXCITED!

Right on Brother!

I was sitting at work shooting the breeze with a regular customer when Denver took their WR and we both swore it was going to be Dez. He tells me, "you think Dez might slide a few more?"

I said, "no way, but damn, if he does fall just a little bit he's be sick across from Miles."

I was across the bar with another customer and wasn't even looking up and he yells, "DALLAS TRADED WITH NEW ENGLAND!"

I run back across and we're both ready for it, ready for it, BAM! Dez Bryant a Cowboy! We couldn't believe it, The best WR in the draft and a top 10 pick drops to us at #24. Man, it's like Xmas in April. Love this!

Then Tebow went, and the whole bar started laughing. :lmao2:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
RainMan;3363486 said:
That's the thing that's always scared me about this offense. We were dead without Austin (we saw what pre-Austin life was like). Now, Roy becomes a luxury. If the light clicks, hooray us. If not, sayanora.

Very well put!

:star:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DFWJC;3363859 said:
I'm SO pumped to get Dez!

But can you guys believe that Kyle Wilson lasted that long too?

And no Kindle or Clausen in Rd1 is a shocker...lmao. wow

Also, Jax could have got their guy (Alualu) later and added a pick or two...so that was more pick management. He may end up a star though.

That one didn't shock me at all. Terribly overrated prospect.