“Don’t pay Dak” crowd, what’s your QB solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yes I think that a 5 year 175 with 110 guaranteed is a good deal. But that leaves him almost 2 whole years of non guaranteed money. I can see both sides. If I'm jerry i just cut it to 4 years and make the deal already. What pissed me off is our front office dropped the ball last offseason. They tried to lowball him. Then allowed the eagles and rams to get their qbs signed which is now we are in this boat.

I don't think it was Jerry, I think it was CAA and Dak. They could have signed a decent deal last year and been in exactly the same place with even more money in their pockets right now. I don't understand it.

On the other hand, a 5 year deal with three years guaranteed, how is that a bad deal thou, think about it. If it ended up being guaranteed for only three years, that just means Dak hits the market earlier, which is basically what they wanted anyway. I mean, I don't see the down side of that deal honestly.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's my understand the reason they used the nonexclusive tag is to avoid exposing him and their negotiation to other teams. If you think about it makes sense, especially if they've decided ( all indications they have ) he's their guy and future. I get what you're saying about questions concerning his value but from everything we've heard lately, his value is no longer an issue. It's the contract years holding things up now according to reports.

Just want to add it's rare an NFL team allows it starting QB to play the final year of their deal. It's even rarer to have to franchise a starting QB they see as their future. So the exclusive tag destination isn't surprising to me at all. Fans have to remember, McClay, Jerry, and Stephen are 100% and I emphasize 100%, sold on Dak as the Cowboys franchise QB, and think that's what we seeing their commitment to him. JMO.....

https://www.cbssports.com/

Right but why? The whole point is to expose him to find out what his actual market value is. The idea is to get him signed I would think.

I'm telling you, CAA is the one driving this. They are the reason he's not signed IMO.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't think it was Jerry, I think it was CAA and Dak. They could have signed a decent deal last year and been in exactly the same place with even more money in their pockets right now. I don't understand it.

On the other hand, a 5 year deal with three years guaranteed, how is that a bad deal thou, think about it. If it ended up being guaranteed for only three years, that just means Dak hits the market earlier, which is basically what they wanted anyway. I mean, I don't see the down side of that deal honestly.
In the beginning of last offseason I believe b4 wilson or any1 got paid they offered around 30. Then wilson got paid. then wentz then goff. The problem is I think they wanted dak on a prove it year and they made the wrong gamble. I knew he was going to have a better year than 18 I mean stevie wonder could see that. 2018 our o line was in shambles and we started half the year with wr by committee. The fact that sorry team to the playoffs was remarkable tbh. Unfortunately our defense and special teams were actually worse in 2019 hence the 8-8 record.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
In the beginning of last offseason I believe b4 wilson or any1 got paid they offered around 30. Then wilson got paid. then wentz then goff. The problem is I think they wanted dak on a prove it year and they made the wrong gamble. I knew he was going to have a better year than 18 I mean stevie wonder could see that. 2018 our o line was in shambles and we started half the year with wr by committee. The fact that sorry team to the playoffs was remarkable tbh. Unfortunately our defense and special teams were actually worse in 2019 hence the 8-8 record.

The reporting doesn't really support that. If we can believe the reporting, his offer was like 31/33 AAV and that's inline with what everybody got paid. Remember, Dak and CAA had basically agreed to that and then once they got it, they upped the price. I don't believe this was on the Cowboys at all. Consistently, the Cowboys have come up to meet demands and just as consistently, the demands have changed. First it was 27 to 31, the Cowboys did that. Then it was 31 to 35, Cowboys did that. Now who knows where the number is? I think this is all on Dak and CAA Brother.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Get ready for "Play Dalton and draft a QB next year."
I don’t want to give up a season. Maybe two. We are ready now with the talent on this team. Play the quarterback. Actually we all know they’re going to

romonumberone

Reaction score
Remember a few years ago we heard "any RB can run behind this OL"? Even Jerry was quoted saying, Randell Joseph could get 1500. Interesting how many fans ( fans coz I have not heard this anywhere outside Cowboys circles) now say "any" QB can excel with this offense. Not one team was interested in trading for Dalton as their starting QB, yet according to many fans, he's good enough to replace Dak. But wait, Dak isn't better than Dalton, yet we should trade him for not 1 but 2 first-round picks at least. In other words, Dak's worth min 2 first-round picks but not better than Dalton. Makes no sense at all.

So I will take this answer.

Part 1: The year you are referencing with the RB's Randle & McFadden and the team rushed for 1,890 yards at a very impressive 4.63 yards per carry. In McFadden's 10 year career it was only the 2nd time he rushed for over 1,000 yards. Statistically it would have been his best season by far but he only started 10 of 16 games. He ran for 4.6 yards a carry.

Part 2: Dalton came from Cincinnati.... I saw a post earlier that Cincinnati was not a cold place to play and throw the football........

The NFL presents the 1981 "The Freezer Bowl" between the San Diego Chargers & Cincinnati Bengals! The 1981 AFC Championship, better known as "The Freezer Bowl", was played at -9 degree temperatures and 35 miles-per-hour wind gusts.

Beyond that he played for a garbage team in a garbage organization. So Dalton is probably a little bit underrated.

Dak Is very overrated. They are both average.

The point is is their ONE idiot GM in the NFL????????? Yes. My opinion is their is a few. So would one of these GM's trade the farm for Dak. Yes they would. My point earlier is we would only need to find ONE idiot.

I think a LOT of QB's could thrive with a top 5 O line in the league. In conjunction with a top 5 RB in the league. In conjunction with probably the best trio of WR's in the league. In conjunction with a pass catching stud in Jarwin.... ONLY Cowboy TE in HISTORY to have 3 TD catches in one game. And what some people may not understand is when you COMBINE all of these elements you have an exponential effect that makes it very very easy for a LOT of QB's to thrive. No team in the NFL has the supporting cast that the Cowboys do on Offense..... NONE.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Part 1: The year you are referencing with the RB's Randle & McFadden and the team rushed for 1,890 yards at a very impressive 4.63 yards per carry. In McFadden's 10 year career it was only the 2nd time he rushed for over 1,000 yards. Statistically it would have been his best season by far but he only started 10 of 16 games. He ran for 4.6 yards a carry.

Part 2: Dalton came from Cincinnati.... I saw a post earlier that Cincinnati was not a cold place to play and throw the football........

The NFL presents the 1981 "The Freezer Bowl" between the San Diego Chargers & Cincinnati Bengals! The 1981 AFC Championship, better known as "The Freezer Bowl", was played at -9 degree temperatures and 35 miles-per-hour wind gusts.

Beyond that he played for a garbage team in a garbage organization. So Dalton is probably a little bit underrated.

The point is is their ONE idiot GM in the NFL????????? Yes. My opinion is their is a few. So would one of these GM's trade the farm for Dak. Yes they would. My point earlier is we would only need to find ONE idiot.

I think a LOT of QB's could thrive with a top 5 O line in the league. In conjunction with a top 5 RB in the league. In conjunction with probably the best trio of WR's in the league. In conjunction with a pass catching stud in Jarwin.... ONLY Cowboy TE in HISTORY to have 3 TD catches in one game. And what some people may not understand is when you COMBINE all of these elements you have an exponential effect that makes it very very easy for a LOT of QB's to thrive. No team in the NFL has the supporting cast that the Cowboys do on Offense..... NONE.
Kansas City. Has a matching offense. So do the saints. Steelers. And a few others. The difference is quarterbacks. Prescott is a winner average LOL Prescott has won more games when he’s had the ball in his hands last. Then any other quarterback since he’s been in the league. Average

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Kansas City. Has a matching offense. So do the saints. Steelers. And a few others. The difference is quarterbacks. Prescott is a winner average LOL Prescott has won more games when he’s had the ball in his hands last. Then any other quarterback since he’s been in the league. Average

I don't know. I think KC probably does, I don't think the Steelers or the Saints do but they are certainly better at QB which is a big part of the equation IMO.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Only by ignorant fans who know absolutely nothing about what it takes to be a great NFL QB. Ask the experts Like Aikman, Irvin, J.Johnson, BB, Moose and on and on and on. You haters look so silly.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know. I think KC probably does, I don't think the Steelers or the Saints do but they are certainly better at QB which is a big part of the equation IMO.
Rothlisberger. I’m not sure if he’s on the decline or not. Kansas City just got more weapons in the draft and offense. And I don’t like them LOL

romonumberone

Reaction score

Agree to disagree. I would not trade the Dallas O line for any O line out there. If you put Mahomes and Reid in Dallas they would be even more prolific.

Steelers? Is that a joke?

Prescott a winner? 8-8 is a winner????

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree to disagree. I would not trade the Dallas O line for any O line out there. If you put Mahomes and Reid in Dallas they would be even more prolific.

I think Mahomes sucks. Last year’s playoffs he embarrassed himself. Other than a Hail Mary he doesn’t even make it to the Super Bowl. Worst quarterback play I’ve seen in Super Bowl history. From Mahomes. I know many people will think I’m crazy for saying this. But Terry Bradshaw I said the same exact thing. Imagine if Mahomes actually lost that game what they would be saying about him. Overthrows under throws aiming the football. Horrible horrible. I’ll take Prescott. With great coaching he’s a great quarterback. Just like his first season all over again that’s what I would expect Steelers had a pretty good offense. But then I lost a running back and wide receiver. But they still have the offense of line

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Winner. When you have the ball in your hands last and you win more football games than any other quarterback since you’ve been in the league. That’s a winner. Eight and eight is a team accomplishment

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Smith he’s not the left tackle he once was. I’m hoping we replace Freddy. Zach man he’s the leader of the offense. We still need a left guard

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rothlisberger. I’m not sure if he’s on the decline or not. Kansas City just got more weapons in the draft and offense. And I don’t like them LOL

Hard to say since you haven't actually seen him in awhile but if he is the same QB he was prior to injury, he's among the best in the league. So I agree, we will have to see what he is there for sure.

romonumberone

Reaction score
Only by ignorant fans who know absolutely nothing about what it takes to be a great NFL QB. Ask the experts Like Aikman, Irvin, J.Johnson, BB, Moose and on and on and on. You haters look so silly.

Aikman- Ex DALLAS QB

Irvin - Ex DALLAS WR

J Johnson- Ex DALLAS Head Coach

Moose- Ex DALLAS FB

Talking about Current DALLAS QB.... What do you expect them to say when asked????

As far as BB- LOL he ALWAYS says very kind words about any player & team the week he is playing them....He even admits to doing this all the time. Since they played and Dallas put up ZERO TD's.... What has BB said since than????????

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think Mahomes sucks. Last year’s playoffs he embarrassed himself. Other than a Hail Mary he doesn’t even make it to the Super Bowl. Worst quarterback play I’ve seen in Super Bowl history. From Mahomes. I know many people will think I’m crazy for saying this. But Terry Bradshaw I said the same exact thing. Imagine if Mahomes actually lost that game what they would be saying about him. Overthrows under throws aiming the football. Horrible horrible. I’ll take Prescott. With great coaching he’s a great quarterback. Just like his first season all over again that’s what I would expect Steelers had a pretty good offense. But then I lost a running back and wide receiver. But they still have the offense of line

Well now this is interesting. I actually agree with you here. I don't love Mahomes nearly as much as a lot of others do but having said that, he is still very young and he's really talented. I don't believe he is the best QB in the League but I can see him getting there at some point. I actually think he will come to earth a little bit this next season but we will see. He certainly has the skills to just blow out the league but he has some bad habits that are masked by some luck and not enough exposure. I guess we'll see.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
LOL .......amazing some fans are arrogant enough to think they know more than HOFers who's actually played/coach the game. Even crazier, they expect you to believe them.......:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.