“First Take” is a microcosm of our Forum

shabazz

Reaction score
First Take featuring Stephen A, Michael Irvin and Dan Orlovsky is truly representative of our Fan Zone because it has 3 very differing opinions of the hosts as does our forum. Hers the 3 takes

1. Michael Irvin - “We played the best game of the season and we are the best team in the NFL”

2. Stephen A Smith - “The Cowboys beat a overhyped fraudulent team in the Vikings and they are an accident waiting to happen and will collapse in the playoffs”

3. Dan Orlovsky - “The Cowboys played a complete dominating game but I will have to see consistency in doing so before putting them up with the Eagles, Bills and Chiefs”

Where does your opinion fit in among these 3 cats?….

Mine is with Orlovsky as I’m a “Missouri Show Me” type guy….however Stephen A has been correct for a long time now, but yesterdays game made me feel like a Michael Irvin after the game.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I feel the same way Orlovsky does. Cowboys have to show me that they can do this more on a consistent basses. After the past 27 plus years of letdowns, I am mot going to let one blowout win against a good team make me forget about the past 27 years. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 27 times, shame on me.

Last edited:

JayFord

Reaction score
I was raised in a time where sports shows discussed sports and there was professionalism they broke down plays and used logic and objectivity and thats what made me fall in love with and learn the game

First take is a joke its like literally someone taking a jornalism degree and wiping their hindpotts with it just week after week of idiotic takes and drooling while farting and they call this crap journalism

its poop

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
First Take featuring Stephen A, Michael Irvin and Dan Orlovsky is truly representative of our Fan Zone because it has 3 very differing opinions of the hosts as does our forum. Hers the 3 takes

1. Michael Irvin - “We played the best game of the season and we are the best team in the NFL”

2. Stephen A Smith - “The Cowboys beat a overhyped fraudulent team in the Vikings and they are an accident waiting to happen and will collapse in the playoffs”

3. Dan Orlovsky - “The Cowboys played a complete dominating game but I will have to see consistency in doing so before putting them up with the Eagles, Bills and Chiefs”

Mine is with Orlovsky as I’m a “Missouri Show Me” type guy….however Stephen A has been correct for a long time now, but yesterdays game made me feel like a Michael Irvin after the game.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm with Mike

Reaction score
I don't believe either Smith or Irvin actually believe what they say. It's all showmanship for ratings.

Orlovsky is the X and O's guy. He plays it down the middle. This is where I am.

If they play like they did yesterday, they are very tough to beat. But their problem is staying at that level consistently. There is no history of them doing so. Especially in the playoffs.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

so we need to play a complete game and be consistent like the Eagles??? Like the Bills???? bahahahahah please.
The Chiefs??? ah, Houston, we have a problem, and his name is Patrick Mahomes. Face it, Mahomes is simply the best qb in football. He is a modern day Roger Staubach. Was there ANY doubt last night that when he got the ball back with about 1 minute left that he was going to take them down the field and win that game?

The ONLY thing that separates the Chiefs from the rest is the QB. But, as far as the Bills and the Eagles being "Consistent?" Well, the Eagles are consistent... they consistently are winning games against weak teams BARELY.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I feel the same way as Orlovsky too. Cowboys have to show me that they can do this more on a consistent basses. After the past 27 plus years of letdowns, I am mot going to let one blowout win against a good team make me forget about the past 27 years. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 27 times, shame on me.
wth does that mean? 12-5 last year, on way to 12-5 this year. Is that not consistent? But if you somehow think that only winning a SB makes you consistent, Im not sure what game you are watching. The Chiefs lost the AFC title game at home last year. Damn inconsistent Chiefs.

lukemartin79

Reaction score

Way off base putting the IGGLES in the Bills and Chiefs category. They had trouble with the Boys with a backup QB who threw 3 picks. Then they lose to the SKINS and had to get a TD at the very end of the game Sunday to beat the Colts by 1 point. Plus they have some big name guys getting injured. The IGGLES don't belong in the elite category.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't believe either Smith or Irvin actually believe what they say. It's all showmanship for ratings.

Orlovsky is the X and O's guy. He plays it down the middle. This is where I am.

If they play like they did yesterday, they are very tough to beat. But their problem is staying at that level consistently. There is no history of them doing so. Especially in the playoffs.

who consistently BLOWS TEAMS OUT every week? NOBODY.

Of course if we play like yesterday we can win a SB... ya think?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Way off base putting the IGGLES in the Bills and Chiefs category. They had trouble with the Boys with a backup QB who threw 3 picks. Then they lose to the SKINS and had to get a TD at the very end of the game Sunday to beat the Colts by 1 point. Plus they have some big name guys getting injured. The IGGLES don't belong in the elite category.

Did you see the Bills have a tough time with the 3-7 Browns yesterday? Why are they so elite? Right now, they are NOT elite. They are very good, but they are not playing ELITE.

There is only 1 ELITE team and that is the Chiefs and that is because they have Mahomes.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm Dan. I want to see consistency. MN came in with the worlds dumbest game plan and they paid for it on the very first series. I would have liked to have seen if our run defense improved any but MN seemed hell bent on attacking this defense through the air and nobody has had success doing that against us.

Carson

Reaction score
I believe a majority of the fan base is a mixture of it all.

When they play like that they are the best football team in the NFL (ON THAT GIVEN DAY).

It’s unfair to crown teams like the eagles who have played a cupcake schedule but act like Dallas didn’t beat a 8-1 team, on the road after they beat a Buffalo team who is 1-3 best in the league.

The fans know it doesn’t matter until the playoffs. I didn’t think this team was a Super Bowl team … but a playoff team for sure. If they lose the NFC Championship I would not call that an “accident waiting to happen”