“First Take” is a microcosm of our Forum

blueblood70

Reaction score
First Take featuring Stephen A, Michael Irvin and Dan Orlovsky is truly representative of our Fan Zone because it has 3 very differing opinions of the hosts as does our forum. Hers the 3 takes

1. Michael Irvin - “We played the best game of the season and we are the best team in the NFL”

2. Stephen A Smith - “The Cowboys beat a overhyped fraudulent team in the Vikings and they are an accident waiting to happen and will collapse in the playoffs”

3. Dan Orlovsky - “The Cowboys played a complete dominating game but I will have to see consistency in doing so before putting them up with the Eagles, Bills and Chiefs”

Where does your opinion fit in among these 3 cats?….

Mine is with Orlovsky as I’m a “Missouri Show Me” type guy….however Stephen A has been correct for a long time now, but yesterdays game made me feel like a Michael Irvin after the game.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Dude, they’re 7-3. Wake up.
I know they are 7-3. I am talking going forward and doing something in the playoffs. I think a lot of you guys are happy with regular season victories and to hell with the playoffs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was raised in a time where sports shows discussed sports and there was professionalism they broke down plays and used logic and objectivity and thats what made me fall in love with and learn the game

First take is a joke its like literally someone taking a jornalism degree and wiping their hindpotts with it just week after week of idiotic takes and drooling while farting and they call this crap journalism

its poop
Originally, those programs were designed to inform. Now, most are designed to incite and infuriate.

Just like news presentations used to be we want to help you form an opinion changed to we want you to have our opinion.

jgboys1

Reaction score
honestly.... it doesnt matter. The Rams won the SB last year, but you think those fans go to bed each night after getting crushed happy, because well.... we did win the SB last year???? Nah, they are pissed and crying and complaining just like everyone does when their team loses.
You are right. We all wish the Cowboys win a Super bowl every year, but we all know that is impossible. I was just saying i would like to see them have some type of success in this years up and coming playoffs. Time will tell.

erod

Reaction score
First Take featuring Stephen A, Michael Irvin and Dan Orlovsky is truly representative of our Fan Zone because it has 3 very differing opinions of the hosts as does our forum. Hers the 3 takes

1. Michael Irvin - “We played the best game of the season and we are the best team in the NFL”

2. Stephen A Smith - “The Cowboys beat a overhyped fraudulent team in the Vikings and they are an accident waiting to happen and will collapse in the playoffs”

3. Dan Orlovsky - “The Cowboys played a complete dominating game but I will have to see consistency in doing so before putting them up with the Eagles, Bills and Chiefs”

Mine is with Orlovsky as I’m a “Missouri Show Me” type guy….however Stephen A has been correct for a long time now, but yesterdays game made me feel like a Michael Irvin after the game.
My opinion is the same as it's been for over a decade. Beat good teams in meaningful games in the playoffs.

Jerry was talking Super Bowl after the game yesterday. That's the biggest problem with this team. Him.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Put me in Dan's Camp.
The Boys have been very up and down this year.
We need to be consistent game to game, especially Dak as he plays the most important position on the field.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know they are 7-3. I am talking going forward and doing something in the playoffs. I think a lot of you guys are happy with regular season victories and to hell with the playoffs.
No, that’s just what you tell yourself. I’ve been watching this team for many years and I know when the team is special. This team is tight, focused and all in. Sure they had a stinker against GB but it was a growing moment IMHO. With your attitude I wonder why you even watch. You gave up before the season even started with this 27 year bull**** all you haters like to throw out there.

Reactions: BAT

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Probably somewhere between Irvin and Orlovosky. It was a dominant win, I don't think you get to 8-1 by luck alone, but need a little to get you there.

Are the Cowboys the best team in the NFL while looking at the last 2 weeks? I don't know if I can say that, but definitely a contender amongst the best. I want to see progress from the run defense and consistent offensive performances to say they're the best. Winning the Super Bowl would help that argument too ;).

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
None of these. I love my cowboys but at the end of the day, I enjoy talking about the X's and O's of football.

But, there's too many emotional reactions/posts or trolls in this forum for me to just enjoy football talk. Only about a quarter of the users on this forum actually talk about the intricacies of a football game that attracts me to the conversation.

But unfortunately, they do not post much, so I do not enjoy these forums as much a I would like.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Par for the course. It's never good enough for Dallas. They beat an 8-1 team, and of course, they beat a "fraudulent" team.

When the Eagles beat a 2-6 Steelers team a few weeks ago, I saw one of these shows literally hype up the Eagles win as "a great win against a team that was hungry for a win".

You can't make this stuff up. :laugh:

jgboys1

Reaction score
No, that’s just what you tell yourself. I’ve been watching this team for many years and I know when the team is special. This team is tight, focused and all in. Sure they had a stinker against GB but it was a growing moment IMHO. With your attitude I wonder why you even watch. You gave up before the season even started with this 27 year bull**** all you haters like to throw out there.
I watch them every Sunday for the past 50 plus years, but I am not a, we are going to win the Super Bowl every year, type of fan. I am a realist. I hope we have success in the playoffs and win a Super Bowl, but this team has come up short many of times over the years. I am not ready to hand them the Super Bowl after one blowout win against the Vikings. They could still lay an egg in the playoffs just like they did last week against Green Bay. You have the Super Bowl championship parade route already planned out. A lot of football to be played before we hand out any Championships.

Carson

Reaction score
They could dominate the Super Bowl for 59 minutes, but lose by one point on the last play, and phony chodes like SAS and Horseface Sharpe would gleefully scream “Accident waiting to happen! I tol’ you, Skip!” Fake journalists.
Oh I 100% agree. That is exactly right

Motorola

Reaction score
I was raised in a time where sports shows discussed sports and there was professionalism they broke down plays and used logic and objectivity and thats what made me fall in love with and learn the game

First take is a joke its like literally someone taking a jornalism degree and wiping their hindpotts with it just week after week of idiotic takes and drooling while farting and they call this crap journalism

its poop
On the other hand - ESPN early Sunday morning show "NFL Matchup" - has always been about the game.
Detailed and insightful Xs & Os, supported by all-22 NFL film footage.

ESisback

Reaction score
On the other hand - ESPN early Sunday morning show "NFL Matchup" - has always been about the game.
Detailed and insightful Xs & Os, supported by all-22 NFL film footage.
True! There are still remnants of “quality standards”.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
My opinion is the same as it's been for over a decade. Beat good teams in meaningful games in the playoffs.

Jerry was talking Super Bowl after the game yesterday. That's the biggest problem with this team. Him.
yea, because we all know that the owner being happy about his team and saying we have a legit shot(anyone actually think we dont) so hello Mr. Obvious... but him stating the obvious will doom this team. The players will all be so full of themselves that they will stop watching film and playing hard because Jerry said we have a shot.

Well the Rams owner is quiet and they suck.