“First Take” is a microcosm of our Forum

kramskoi

Reaction score
Bills, Eagles and Chiefs have shown their own warts and consistency hasn't defined either of these 3 teams in the last few weeks especially.

Orlovsky is aHeat. Cowboys hater too, just doesn't have the stones to back up his heat.
It's the overall body of work. The Eagles might be cooling off, but complacency could also be part of the problem. They are still 9-1. The Bills have to not rely so much on the legs of Josh Allen...but probably more ominous for them is that their defensive power is slowly deteriorating at present (as shown vs. the Vikings). Can they correct it by playoff time will be the question. The problem for the Chiefs is the same thing that dogged Andy Reid when he coached Philadelphia. His indifference to running the football. If they would just be a more balanced offense and not go so much for the hero-ball they'd be a better team. I remember telling my brother for the longest time that the problem in New Orleans was that Drew Brees was TOO GOOD, which meant that when things got tight they would revert to the same type of hero-ball, and at times it would back-fire.

That said. I can agree that consistency is a problem for many of the top teams right now...whether due to "blueprints", injuries, complacency, mistakes, coaching or otherwise. At this point in the season, it's slowly becoming a war of attrition, where you are just trying to stack up enough wins to get to the second season. After turkey-day, desperation will take hold of a lot of teams, making them a bit more dangerous to face...even if you beat them earlier in the season.

Reactions: BAT

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
First Take isnt even professional

2 uncles at the cookout drunk off PBR in their underwear arguing about football is more professional

We were not arguing, just expressing our apparently different opinions, thank you very much. And those were my best pair.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Worry about playoffs when we get there.

Have to get there first. That means W's in regular season.
That what I’m saying. Keep on winning your games in fron of you first. This guy was getting mad because I wasn’t saying the Cowboys aren’t going to win it all. One game at a time.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I feel the same way Orlovsky does. Cowboys have to show me that they can do this more on a consistent basses. After the past 27 plus years of letdowns, I am mot going to let one blowout win against a good team make me forget about the past 27 years. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 27 times, shame on me.

Same here. Brilliant win, but we need to be consistent.

foofighters

Reaction score
First Take featuring Stephen A, Michael Irvin and Dan Orlovsky is truly representative of our Fan Zone because it has 3 very differing opinions of the hosts as does our forum. Hers the 3 takes

1. Michael Irvin - “We played the best game of the season and we are the best team in the NFL”

2. Stephen A Smith - “The Cowboys beat a overhyped fraudulent team in the Vikings and they are an accident waiting to happen and will collapse in the playoffs”

3. Dan Orlovsky - “The Cowboys played a complete dominating game but I will have to see consistency in doing so before putting them up with the Eagles, Bills and Chiefs”

Where does your opinion fit in among these 3 cats?….

Mine is with Orlovsky as I’m a “Missouri Show Me” type guy….however Stephen A has been correct for a long time now, but yesterdays game made me feel like a Michael Irvin after the game.
None of the above. I am smarter than all of them combined as I would place several members here at. These guys are not stating their opinion most of the time. It's a script to play to more views which brings in more advertising.

shabazz

Reaction score
None of the above. I am smarter than all of them combined as I would place several members here at. These guys are not stating their opinion most of the time. It's a script to play to more views which brings in more advertising.

While Irvin and Stephen are mostly scripted schtick, Orlovsky is a guy who study’s and breaks down film. He is more measured than some. I wouldn’t include him with the other two guys, however I feel like we’ve got some members here that are fairly representative of Irvin and Smith opinion.

Definitely not representative of all of us here

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It wasn't just dominant it was all time franchise dominant.

There is a difference.
So a franchise-dominating performance is supposed to get us excited about the Super Bowl, as if we're shoo-ins? :huh:

Jarntt

Reaction score
Last week half this forum declared our season over and our coordinators were crap. This week we have a thread about us in the super bowl hunt and another saying our defense is better than the '85 Bears and another saying both our coordinators are too good to not be head coaches next year. Stay tuned for next week...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First Take featuring Stephen A, Michael Irvin and Dan Orlovsky is truly representative of our Fan Zone because it has 3 very differing opinions of the hosts as does our forum. Hers the 3 takes

1. Michael Irvin - “We played the best game of the season and we are the best team in the NFL”

2. Stephen A Smith - “The Cowboys beat a overhyped fraudulent team in the Vikings and they are an accident waiting to happen and will collapse in the playoffs”

3. Dan Orlovsky - “The Cowboys played a complete dominating game but I will have to see consistency in doing so before putting them up with the Eagles, Bills and Chiefs”

Where does your opinion fit in among these 3 cats?….

Mine is with Orlovsky as I’m a “Missouri Show Me” type guy….however Stephen A has been correct for a long time now, but yesterdays game made me feel like a Michael Irvin after the game.
None . And and this show or any show with Stephen A is junk. And Michael is Cowboys biggest Homer.

And there analysis might only reflect a handful of extremes on both sides in this forum not the majority of Cowboys Nation.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
None . And and this show or any show with Stephen A is junk. And Michael is Cowboys biggest Homer.

not disputing that, however the point of the thread wasn’t to debate the quality of the show…it was to use the 3 very different opinions of the hosts to ask which of the three most forum fans align with

it would be nice to actually read the thread and understand the point of it before responding……I wish they would have had a 4th host on their show that just overreacted to anything without understanding it and I could have presented yet another category of forum member.:cool:

Proximo

Reaction score
Last week half this forum declared our season over and our coordinators were crap. This week we have a thread about us in the super bowl hunt and another saying our defense is better than the '85 Bears and another saying both our coordinators are too good to not be head coaches next year. Stay tuned for next week...

LOL
CZ in a nutshell.

Enjoy the ride. I say it’s been a fun and exciting season so far, and after Thanksgiving it’ll only get more interesting.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
not disputing that, however the point of the thread wasn’t to debate the quality of the show…it was to use the 3 very different opinions of the hosts to ask which of the three most forum fans align with

it would be nice to actually read the thread and understand the point of it before responding……I wish they would have had a 4th host on their show that just overreacted to anything without understanding it and I could have presented yet another category of forum member.:cool:
And there analysis might only reflect a handful of extremes on both sides in this forum not the majority of Cowboys Nation.

Quality of the show is total trash. Anyone who watches Stephen , admittedly the biggest Cowboys troll in the media, must be looking for material to troll Cowboy fans with.

Yes, we have some Stephen A type trolls in this forum. And yes , we have some Michael type Homers in this forum. But they are the very small minority despite how loud and vocal they are.

Unfortunately social media is all too often dominated by such extreme agendas which usually don’t represent the majority .

Proximo

Reaction score
Pretty much everyone and their brother wrote us off after week 1. I’m sure we could get in the CZ time machine and easily find all the threads from September declaring the season is over, Cowboys are frauds, worst coaches in the league, etc, blah blah blah.

Then we somehow strung together some nice W’s with Cooper friggin Rush at the helm.
CZ proceeds to manufacture a QB controversy that has no basis in reality.

Dak comes back, offense is now putting up A LOT more points than it did during the 1st quarter of the season and our defense is certainly one of the best if not the best in the league.

We are definitely contenders this year. We don’t have any more lumps or flaws than any other team that people are classifying as “in the mix”.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
I have only just seen the game (been a bit sick last few days). Highly impressed. Great game calling. OL play was outstanding which both set up the run and protected Dak. It enabled the offense to give us the kind of run /pass game that allows Dak to work effectively.
The D was much better against the run which allowed them to dominate the Vikings OL and make Cousins life a misery.
If the Boys can continue this level of play all bets are off.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Dan nailed it. Micah has even confirmed it. Flash doesn't win Championships, consistency does.

This is the same team that blew a two TD lead to a bad team a week ago.
They have proven nothing.
They DID prove something.....they proved what they are capable of when they get their heads on straight.....Granted they have yet to prove that they're capable of consistently playing at a high level, but their blowout of an 8-1 Vikings team is proof that they are indeed capable of playing some very good football.