'07 Jerry Jones' Look After The Giants Beat The Cowboys

JJHLH1

Reaction score
That was the most disappointing loss I can remember. The only other loss that comes close was the 1994 NFC Championship game against SF. I love the Bernard Herrmann music from 'Psycho', by the way. That man was a genius.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Keeping in mind the futility of the down, distance and time remaining... I always thought that was an interesting play they ran there. By design, the QB was going to have time to get the throw off but it was going to require one heck of a throw. Of course I have always avoided reviewing that game, much less that play.

Proof

Reaction score
I was working in Iraq at the time, and had to stay up til nearly 3 in the morning to finish that terrible game. Really added to the sting. I try not to overstate the importance of sports, but that game was heartbreaking. I HATE Jacobs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ouch.

Took me several weeks to get over that game. Was so upset.

To be honest.......I get reminded by that game every year we don't make the playoffs on what could've been. But this year has helped me forget that even if they don't go any further than that team. I guess its the idea of us only getting better from here on out.

I say that but I think I also said that in 2007 too lol.....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Or living with knowing you've got a much better team but it's all negated by an ice covered field in Green Bay and lose on a qb sneak
Good lord, you went back to the prehistoric days.

robjay04

Reaction score
You know, Jerry was always quick to blame the coaches for our failures. He would always defend his players and is known for being very good to the players. I can't think of a single player that played for Jones that left with something negative to say about him.

Maybe Jerry's connection to his players is why Garrett was given such a long leash. It seems his pacing the sidelines started around the same time as well though that may have to do with age as well.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
This loss
The loss at Seattle aka the fumbled snap
The Catch
The 79 loss to the Rams
The 83 loss to the Rams
The 85 loss to the Rams
The 84 loss to The Dolphins on Monday Night which ended our playoff chances.
The 83 loss to the Commanders
The 94 loss to the 49ers

These games sting me forever.

mrmojo

Reaction score
This loss
The loss at Seattle aka the fumbled snap
The Catch
The 79 loss to the Rams
The 83 loss to the Rams
The 85 loss to the Rams
The 84 loss to The Dolphins on Monday Night which ended our playoff chances.
The 83 loss to the Commanders
The 94 loss to the 49ers

These games sting me forever.
Seems like we lost to Rams more than our fair share:
1976 divisional playoff loss to Rams
1972 and 73 NFC Championship losses to Commanders and Vikings
Both championship losses to Tha Packers 66 and 67
All the SB losses, had a chance to win them all