Don Corleone

Reaction score
This loss
The loss at Seattle aka the fumbled snap
The Catch
The 79 loss to the Rams
The 83 loss to the Rams
The 85 loss to the Rams
The 84 loss to The Dolphins on Monday Night which ended our playoff chances.
The 83 loss to the Commanders
The 94 loss to the 49ers

These games sting me forever.

The 2002 loss to the Texans ranks up there for me.
Add the 2005 and 2006 loss to the Commanders

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Here is the full game:

I re-watched this yesterday. I love Tony, but he was pretty damn pathetic in that second half

Looks like Romo lost his composure in the second half. Waiting till last minute to snap the ball, frustrated over being hit, taking unnecessary sacks vs throwing the ball away, a grounding call, totally screwing up the two minute warning when you started at mid field and close to two minutes, just a complete mental break down in a big game.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Well our coward coach approached the last game of the regular season the very same way the other coward did in 07.

But hey, it was smart and stuff. What's important is everyone's safe.

You wanted Dak/Romo/Zeke out there with the left side of the oline guarded by backups who haven't played all year in those positions? 2014 shows Garrett is willing to play to win, but it would have been stupid to do it vs the Eagles.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What year are you talking about? 2007 or 2014. I think your talking about 2014. What was the bye week controversy. I don't remember that. I thought we played Detroit at home and beat them and then advanced to Green Bay and lost on the heartbreaking Dez catch that was ruled not a catch once Mara got on the phone to the refs.

I'm referring to both. For me, the loss to Green Bay was a heartbreaker due to the special season we had going. 2007 and how we were dropping games and how our offense was slowing down (Injuries didn't help), I remember going into that Giants game a little nervous especially coming off all that controversial nonsense.

No doubt, this game also hurt with those Crayton drops. We shot ourselves in the foot too many times. But that game in Green Bay is going to be remembered for a long time, that non-catch is already quite iconic among football fans.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Here is the full game:

I re-watched this yesterday. I love Tony, but he was pretty damn pathetic in that second half

Watch it again . In the 3rd quarter we only had 2 possessions. The 1st possession we drove down Romo hit fasano in the numbers in the endzone. Fasano dropped it. On the 2nd drive in the 3rd quarter Romo scrambled and made an amazing throw to Clayton who dropped it. In the 4th quarter Romo threw a first down to witten but, they called a personal foul on Davis after the play. It should've been 1st down still because the foul occurred after the play. Yet it was 2nd and 18. Romo again hit Clayton on the numbers who again dropped a critical 3rd down. In every drive in the 4th quarter there was a penalty. And on the final drive Garrett had barber and witten in the backfield. It was bad referring , bad play calling, bad penalties, but Romo played much better than Eli. He did much better than I remembered after rewatching the game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You wanted Dak/Romo/Zeke out there with the left side of the oline guarded by backups who haven't played all year in those positions? 2014 shows Garrett is willing to play to win, but it would have been stupid to do it vs the Eagles.

Yes.

Because I'm a man.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
In that game there was a record which said the #1 seed in the NFC was 17-0 since 1990 in the divisional round of the playoffs. I know we lost so it was 17-1. What is that record today?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry during his "on the field " phase
:facepalm:
When did he quit showing up on the sidelines? I don't recall him being down there this season but I don't really look for him either.

Darkhound

Reaction score
I will always be a firm beleiver that Jerry Jones is the main problem of this team. Ever since Jimmy left.. and he took TOTAL control, things have been mediocre for the most part.

J_Allen

Reaction score
When did he quit showing up on the sidelines? I don't recall him being down there this season but I don't really look for him either.

I don't recall seeing him last season either. I guess it was three seasons ago.

This loss stung but we wouldn't have beaten New England. The same goes for the Green Bay loss.

If we lose at any point in the playoffs, it will rank up there with the 94 NFC Championship Game. We will have beaten ourselves again.

Silverstar

Reaction score

erod

Reaction score
Nothing will ever compare to Jackie Smith.

erod

Reaction score

His perch is only a few feet behind the sidelines, and he has a phone so he can call down anytime he wants.

It's like having your boss look over your shoulder all day in your cubicle.

bark

Reaction score
Honestly don't remember X.
I'd say it's been several years though.
Maybe since the wade era or early Garrett years.