'07 Jerry Jones' Look After The Giants Beat The Cowboys

fifaguy

Reaction score
That was the most disappointing loss I can remember. The only other loss that comes close was the 1994 NFC Championship game against SF. I love the Bernard Herrmann music from 'Psycho', by the way. That man was a genius.

Check out Herrmann's score for Vertigo...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The loss against the Packers a couple years ago gets to me the most still. Mainly because that just felt like our year, a lot of special things happened. Then, out of nowhere, the bad luck hits us with the Dez non-catch.

This Giants loss, you could feel it coming how we played down the stretch.

goshan

Reaction score
The loss against the Packers a couple years ago gets to me the most still. Mainly because that just felt like our year, a lot of special things happened. Then, out of nowhere, the bad luck hits us with the Dez non-catch.

This Giants loss, you could feel it coming how we played down the stretch.

Man I disagree. At home with the season we had, the Giants game was the one to win. The packers game Rogers was gimpy and we still lost.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Man I disagree. At home with the season we had, the Giants game was the one to win. The packers game Rogers was gimpy and we still lost.

We got blown out by the Eagles, squeaked by the Panthers, and the first half against the Commanders we looked terrible (Then had the bye week controversy) - You could feel a loss coming along with the locker room beginning to break apart.

Rodgers was gimpy, yes, but a gimpy Rodgers is still a top 5 QB. That's just how good he is. Just a heartbreaking game we lost with the help of a controversial call.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
We got blown out by the Eagles, squeaked by the Panthers, and the first half against the Commanders we looked terrible (Then had the bye week controversy) - You could feel a loss coming along with the locker room beginning to break apart.

Rodgers was gimpy, yes, but a gimpy Rodgers is still a top 5 QB. That's just how good he is. Just a heartbreaking game we lost with the help of a controversial call.
We lost 10-6 vs Philly.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
What an awful coach Phillips was. I remember him saying 'you can't coach penalties' in an interview. People try to put a spin on it like he was saying "you coach your players to play the right way, not to play the wrong way" but I always understood him saying "you can't coach up your players to AVOID penalties", like it was fate or something, they were gonna happen, so why spend time on it?

But pre-snap procedural penalties? ABSOLUTELY YOU CAN COACH TO AVOID THOSE. And about 1/2 the penalties this team got under Wade were pre snap.

The # of procedural penalties this team used to get were mind boggling, and it's 1 thing that's been corrected under Garrett. You don't see the 6-7 false start, illegal shift, illegal substitutions any more. At most they have about 2-3 procedure penalties a game.

It is starting to be a concern again, though, we have gotten a bit more procedural pre snap penalties the past few weeks and I hope the coaching staff is going to work on that over the break.

SlimBig

Reaction score
This loss sucked but I didn't think we would have been champs that yr. We were not gonna beat the Patriots.
We choked against the Giants but NY had the right pieces and physicality to beat New England.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
y'know what though.... the WR runnning up the left side. I'd imagine that today's Tony Romo would try hit that back left corner putting the ball where only his receiver could get to it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Keeping in mind the futility of the down, distance and time remaining... I always thought that was an interesting play they ran there. By design, the QB was going to have time to get the throw off but it was going to require one heck of a throw. Of course I have always avoided reviewing that game, much less that play.
GIANTS had them all covered.
4th and 11 ,16 seconds left, it should not have come down to that.

plymkr

Reaction score

What year are you talking about? 2007 or 2014. I think your talking about 2014. What was the bye week controversy. I don't remember that. I thought we played Detroit at home and beat them and then advanced to Green Bay and lost on the heartbreaking Dez catch that was ruled not a catch once Mara got on the phone to the refs.

Gator88

Reaction score
Man, I forgot how crappy everybody on offense except Romo, Witten, and first half Barber played. Oline was a turnstile in the second half, Glenn had his first game action the entire year that game and his rust showed, TO shouldn't have been playing he was so limited, Crayton ended two drives, one of which would have been the game winning touchdown drive, after running his mouth all week, and Fasano dropped a wide open TD pass that hit him in both ends. It was a comedy of errors by Romo's supporting cast, in addition to the worst intentional grounding call I've ever seen in my life on the final drive.