1 last Jaelen Phillips discussion before the draft

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He started having head injuries since like age 7 pass for me.

The guy already retired from football in college. One more concussion and he could be done in the NFL. I wouldnt touch him until possibly our 2nd pick in the 3rd round.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Unfortunately I also wouldn’t touch him until the 3rd. It just seems like a sure thing he’ll get more concussions. I hope he proves everyone wrong and plays for a long time.

stiletto

Reaction score
I am sick of "injury but potential" bargains. The Cowboys have sorry luck with it. Just stick to the board but draft O-linemen whenever in doubt. Seems to workout.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
There are some injuries I'd be willing to take a risk on for the right player. Back and head injuries are not on that list. You can't mess around with guys coming into the league with a bad back or concussions issues.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
None of us even know what the risk is.

He’s had 2 successful years at Miami and plays a position that’s not going to take a lot of shots to the head.

Everything we know as fans says this player is a green light unless there is some information that I’m not aware of.
This is an example of the most annoying thing about the draft/fans. Dudes will make stuff up just to pump up their guy. What successful 2 years did he have in Miami? Just say you want him and leave it at that

Creeper

Reaction score
I think others have covered it, but throw my vote into the "too big of a medical risk bucket". We know concussions are cumulative in football. The guy will play a position that requires him to tackle and any one of his tackles could mean another concussion. If he rings his bell in a game, how many will the Cowboys be required to sit him out because of his history? And if he rings it twice, is his career over?

And what ever happened to Bradley Anae?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
This is an example of the most annoying thing about the draft/fans. Dudes will make stuff up just to pump up their guy. What successful 2 years did he have in Miami? Just say you want him and leave it at that

Yeah, kind of brings the credibility of the poster into question. He played one year at Miami. His biggest fan should know this.

rambo2

Reaction score
There are some injuries I'd be willing to take a risk on for the right player. Back and head injuries are not on that list. You can't mess around with guys coming into the league with a bad back or concussions issues.
Phillips hasn't had a concussion in over 2 years. He played the entire season this year with no injuries and was the best pass rusher in the country. He should be a major target in this draft. I have him ranked 10 on my board and if there was any way that they could get him in a trade down they should do it. Every game they got out of this guy would be gravy. He is the best dlineman in the draft and he is better than any dlineman on the Cowboys. Wouldn't it be nice to have a guy that is a threat to sack the qb at anytime on any play. Yes, it would. Phillips is a player that could put the Cowboys over the top, just like Charles Haley did years ago,