#1 rush defense just had 100+ ran on them

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been brought up but this alone has me continuing to believe how bad*** our offense really is. If they couldn't stop us, who can? I think we're seeing an offense that will straight up dominate defenses. I'd even go as far as to say it's the best offense in the league. Man I never thought I'd say that.

links18

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been brought up but this alone has me continuing to believe how bad*** our offense really is. If they couldn't stop us, who can? I think we're seeing an offense that will straight up dominate defenses. I'd even go as far as to say it's the best offense in the league. Man I never thought I'd say that.

We can stop ourselves with turnovers. We have to start protecting the ball better. Granted two of those plays were on special teams today.

mugsybows

Reaction score
I heard so many Seattle fans say they were going to bring us down to earth when demarco doesn't even get 40 yards on them. NOPE! Randle ran really well also, he's explosive.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ayyy props to them. They did a decent job against Murray. If i'm a opposing defense I can live with Demarco running at a average of 4 yards a carry on 30 carries. But when you factor in Dunbar and Randle also in the passing game? Had a very effective day running.

Venger

Reaction score
They made it tough late selling out on the run, especially on first down, but they did that once and we play action passed them for a big gain. So suck a lemon Seattle.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
We can stop ourselves with turnovers. We have to start protecting the ball better. Granted two of those plays were on special teams today.

I think that's my only criticism of Murray. Dude just needs to hold on to the ball. He got lucky today too.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Murray averages 5.2 yards a carry.....they limited him to 4.0. Hard to complain about that as a Seahawks fan.

That is a hard avg to keep up especially when you get games where he is 25/100 or 30/120. I think his avg at the end of the year will be closer to 4.0ypc than 5.0ypc

joseephuss

Reaction score
Ayyy props to them. They did a decent job against Murray. If i'm a opposing defense I can live with Demarco running at a average of 4 yards a carry on 30 carries. But when you factor in Dunbar and Randle also in the passing game? Had a very effective day running.

I gladly take Murray running it 29 times for 115 yards. It is nice to average over 5 ypc, but it is also nice to accumulate a lot of attempts. That in itself is what wears down a defense. Dallas ended up with 162 yards, 4.4 ypc and only were tackled for a loss once in this game. They were moving forward with every play. The dominated the Seahawks with the running game.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I gladly take Murray running it 29 times for 115 yards. It is nice to average over 5 ypc, but it is also nice to accumulate a lot of attempts. That in itself is what wears down a defense. Dallas ended up with 162 yards, 4.4 ypc and only were tackled for a loss once in this game. They were moving forward with every play. The dominated the Seahawks with the running game.

Thank you.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anytime you've tacked on 115 yards in a game vs. the NFL's #1 run defense, you've put in a good day's work. Murray may be obliged to accept less carries in the near future but everyone knows now what he's capable of. Future opponents will have to respect his abilities, even if his number of carries are destined to diminish going forward. With that being the case, the passing game should thereby benefit from defenses staying honest.

Last edited:

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
After that 25-yard scamper in the 4th quarter by DM29 and TD run, even Rob Ryan was pumped:

rob-ryan-o.gif

:D

joseephuss

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch averaged over 6 ypc, but since he was held to only 10 rushing attempts he really was a non-factor in this game. Both teams averaged 4.4 ypc, but Dallas had 37 rushing attempts while Seattle only had 18 attempts. I don't think the Seattle defense feels good at all this morning after being barraged by that Dallas rushing attack.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch averaged over 6 ypc, but since he was held to only 10 rushing attempts he really was a non-factor in this game. Both teams averaged 4.4 ypc, but Dallas had 37 rushing attempts while Seattle only had 18 attempts. I don't think the Seattle defense feels good at all this morning after being barraged by that Dallas rushing attack.

Lynch had one big run. It was pretty impressive, he juked Wilcox but everything else was stuffed down his throat.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think I heard during the game that the Hawks hadn't given up 40 yards rushing to any one player. Both Murray and Randle had that in the 2nd quarter lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Oh make no mistake, i'm by no means complainging about Murray. HE was great. But if I were a Seahawks fan.....I couldn't really complain about the clip he was averaging at. And it was actually worse than that until he wore their defense out by the 4th quarter and started to get some good runs off. Seahawks problems were much bigger than stopping the run. The Legion of Boom didn't even play yesterday. That was the first time i've never seen Chandellor or Earl Thomas not even make a impact on the game.

That is a hard avg to keep up especially when you get games where he is 25/100 or 30/120. I think his avg at the end of the year will be closer to 4.0ypc than 5.0ypc

Right but all you can do is go by what the teams prior to you did. And they held Murray at a shorter clip than any other team. Seahawks are for real. I know they are doom and gloom right now and analysts are starting to believe in the Cowboys but the Seahawks will be there at the end. They will be there in the post season.