#1 rush defense just had 100+ ran on them

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Thanks to our "Big Uglys" Damn, i love this O-line......Can you imagine in a couple years what the potential could be?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Oh make no mistake, i'm by no means complainging about Murray. HE was great. But if I were a Seahawks fan.....I couldn't really complain about the clip he was averaging at. And it was actually worse than that until he wore their defense out by the 4th quarter and started to get some good runs off. Seahawks problems were much bigger than stopping the run. The Legion of Boom didn't even play yesterday. That was the first time i've never seen Chandellor or Earl Thomas not even make a impact on the game.

Right but all you can do is go by what the teams prior to you did. And they held Murray at a shorter clip than any other team. Seahawks are for real. I know they are doom and gloom right now and analysts are starting to believe in the Cowboys but the Seahawks will be there at the end. They will be there in the post season.

I honestly can care less if they are there, personally I think the Cowboys are a nightmare matchup for them because they thrive on making team's one dimensional and unfortunately for them it's kind of difficult when your facing a team with so many ways to beat you. Cowboys handed them ten points, had they not the game wouldn't have been close. That game was complete domination and it started with the running game and that brilliant oline.

irishline

Reaction score
Before yesterday's game the top running back had 38 yards against Seattle's Defense. Now...

1) Murray (Cowboys) 115 yards
2) Randle (Cowboys) 52 yards
3) Ball (Broncos) 38 yards
4) Starks (Packers) 37 yards
5) Woodhead (Chargers) 32 yards
6) Morris (Commanders) 29 yards

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Before yesterday's game the top running back had 38 yards against Seattle's Defense. Now...

1) Murray (Cowboys) 115 yards
2) Randle (Cowboys) 52 yards
3) Ball (Broncos) 38 yards
4) Starks (Packers) 37 yards
5) Woodhead (Chargers) 32 yards
6) Morris (Commanders) 29 yards

Those teams all abandoned the run and its hwy most of them ended up in losses. If the Cowboys had done what they usualy do in the pass....Murray would be right there with them with only 10 carries for 38 yards. But to the Cowboys credit....they kept running.

I honestly can care less if they are there, personally I think the Cowboys are a nightmare matchup for them because they thrive on making team's one dimensional and unfortunately for them it's kind of difficult when your facing a team with so many ways to beat you. Cowboys handed them ten points, had they not the game wouldn't have been close. That game was complete domination and it started with the running game and that brilliant oline.

I'm glad your that confident. I'm personally not. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride. Seahawks are not a bad team. They IMO are still the team to beat. Dallas just put the league on notice though with that win.

Cowboys gave them literally 17 points yesterday. That can't happen. And thus far that's been a consistent trend this year. Its also in part why we aren't undefeated right now. There are some teams down the road that will make you pay for those mistakes. Why the Seahawks didn't? I don't know. Maybe it was arrogance on their part. How Marshawn Lynch doesn't have 20+ carries against us is mind boggling.

The strength of our defense is the secondary and they kept throwing against it.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch averaged over 6 ypc, but since he was held to only 10 rushing attempts he really was a non-factor in this game. Both teams averaged 4.4 ypc, but Dallas had 37 rushing attempts while Seattle only had 18 attempts. I don't think the Seattle defense feels good at all this morning after being barraged by that Dallas rushing attack.

His 6.1 ypg is misleading. He had 9 carries for 29 yards. 1 carry for 32 yards. Other than that one run, we held him in check.

Reactions: BAT

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch averaged over 6 ypc, but since he was held to only 10 rushing attempts he really was a non-factor in this game. Both teams averaged 4.4 ypc, but Dallas had 37 rushing attempts while Seattle only had 18 attempts. I don't think the Seattle defense feels good at all this morning after being barraged by that Dallas rushing attack.

He had 6 per carry cause he only carried it 10 times and only had one big play which accounted for the majority of his yards.

irishline

Reaction score
Those teams all abandoned the run and its hwy most of them ended up in losses. If the Cowboys had done what they usualy do in the pass....Murray would be right there with them with only 10 carries for 38 yards. But to the Cowboys credit....they kept running.

Actually no team except the Broncos run to pass ratio was off by more than a few points compared to their season average against the Seahawks. So you may be talking 1 or 2 less rushes then normal. Dallas just runs more in general. And why do you only mention Murray's first half? Randle had 52 yards rushing in the first half, meaning Dallas had more yards running in the first half than any team but the Charges did all game against that defense.

Packers: 21 rushes (80 yards)... 39.9% run ratio for the game... versus 42.6% run for the year
Chargers: 37 rushes (101 yards)... 50% for game... 48.7% for the year
Broncos: 20 rushes (36 yards)... 29% for game.... 40.8% for the year
Commanders: 19 rushes (32 yards)... 35.8% for game... 38.7% for the year

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually no team except the Broncos run to pass ratio was off by more than a few points compared to their season average against the Seahawks. So you may be talking 1 or 2 less rushes then normal. Dallas just runs more in general. And why do you only mention Murray's first half? Randle had 52 yards rushing in the first half, meaning Dallas had more yards running in the first half than any team but the Charges did all game against that defense.

Packers: 21 rushes (80 yards)... 39.9% run ratio for the game... versus 42.6% run for the year
Chargers: 37 rushes (101 yards)... 50% for game... 48.7% for the year
Broncos: 20 rushes (36 yards)... 29% for game.... 40.8% for the year
Commanders: 19 rushes (32 yards)... 35.8% for game... 38.7% for the year

I think you're misunderstanding me. I didn't mention Randle because their's nothing to mention lol. This all started because I initially said the Seahawks should be happy they limited Demarco to 4.0 a carry as opposed to the 5+ he's been at in most games this season. It wasn't a slight towards Demarco. It wasn't a slight towards the Cowboys. My point is, the Seahawks did all they could with Demarco. They can't do much better than limiting him to 4 yards a carry. No team has been able to do it.

In regards to your stats.....i'm basing my opinion on those games that i've watched. And those teams with the exception of the only team that beat them abandon the run. Deadskins completely gave up on handing Morris the football.

irishline

Reaction score
I think you're misunderstanding me. I didn't mention Randle because their's nothing to mention lol. This all started because I initially said the Seahawks should be happy they limited Demarco to 4.0 a carry as opposed to the 5+ he's been at in most games this season. It wasn't a slight towards Demarco. It wasn't a slight towards the Cowboys. My point is, the Seahawks did all they could with Demarco. They can't do much better than limiting him to 4 yards a carry. No team has been able to do it.

In regards to your stats.....i'm basing my opinion on those games that i've watched. And those teams with the exception of the only team that beat them abandon the run. Deadskins completely gave up on handing Morris the football.

You stated in the reply to me that to the Cowboys credit they didn't abandon the run. Part of the reason they didn't was because of Randle's 52 yards, so yes he is something to mention (I have Randle listed 2nd in the post of mine you replied to). I didn't take anything you said as a slight.

As for Morris they haven't given him the ball all season they are almost dead last in number of carries this season so its not like they didn't give it to him only in that game. He only had 13 carries yesterday against the Cardinals. So in that case my stats are reflective of what the Commanders have done all year not just against the Seahawks.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You stated in the reply to me that to the Cowboys credit they didn't abandon the run. Part of the reason they didn't was because of Randle's 52 yards, so yes he is something to mention (I have Randle listed 2nd in the post of mine you replied to). I didn't take anything you said as a slight.

As for Morris they haven't given him the ball all season they are almost dead last in number of carries this season so its not like they didn't give it to him only in that game. He only had 13 carries yesterday against the Cardinals. So in that case my stats are reflective of what the Commanders have done all year not just against the Seahawks.

I don't think it was because of Randle's run. I think it was because they are just committed to running. When you are down 21-0 and you're still running the football? You're never going to give up on it.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Rush it 29 time avg 4 yards per carry or 3 yards per carry it doesn't matter much to me.
All those rushes are just telling me that the other offense isn't on the field, not on the field less chance to score and win the game.

Keep rushing it.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Murray averages 5.2 yards a carry.....they limited him to 4.0. Hard to complain about that as a Seahawks fan.

That average is misleading. Once Dallas got the ball back they chewed up the clock by giving back to Murray. Then Murray's job was to protect the ball and not go out of bounds. His average could have been a little higher.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I'm glad your that confident. I'm personally not. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride. Seahawks are not a bad team. They IMO are still the team to beat. Dallas just put the league on notice though with that win.

Cowboys gave them literally 17 points yesterday. That can't happen. And thus far that's been a consistent trend this year. Its also in part why we aren't undefeated right now. There are some teams down the road that will make you pay for those mistakes. Why the Seahawks didn't? I don't know. Maybe it was arrogance on their part. How Marshawn Lynch doesn't have 20+ carries against us is mind boggling.

The strength of our defense is the secondary and they kept throwing against it.

Seahawks was given 17 points on turnovers. Somehow the Cowboys were just too dominant and was still able to overcome those turnovers.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The funny thing is, all of our points were offensive earned, not gifts from the defense or special teams. And we're a running team. Most people think you can't dominate and be a high-scoring team just running the ball. So we put up 30, had a punt blocked, two fumbles on our end, the list goes on. Without those mistakes, we could have easily dropped + 40 on the champs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That average is misleading. Once Dallas got the ball back they chewed up the clock by giving back to Murray. Then Murray's job was to protect the ball and not go out of bounds. His average could have been a little higher.

That's not how I remember it. Honestly, they did a GREAT job on him in the 1st half.

But where the Seahawks struggle this year as opposed to years past is they no longer have depth on the defensive line. They use to have a rotation of defensive linemen.....they were DONE by the 4th quarter yesterday not to mention NEVER had any pass rush.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Seahawks was given 17 points on turnovers. Somehow the Cowboys were just too dominant and was still able to overcome those turnovers.

Your right.....but I sure don't think we're good enough to week in and out spot a team 17 points and expect to win. The game shouldn't even be that hard for this team. It would be so much easier if they didn't play sloppy football yesterday.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Your right.....but I sure don't think we're good enough to week in and out spot a team 17 points and expect to win. The game shouldn't even be that hard for this team. It would be so much easier if they didn't play sloppy football yesterday.

I will take DOMINATION over sloppy football anyday. Sloppiness can be fixed. But DOMINATION is something that you have to build and only happens when all the right pieces fall into place. Not very many teams are able to dominate the world champs like we did in their own home turf.

Last edited: