#1 rush defense just had 100+ ran on them

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Murray averages 5.2 yards a carry.....they limited him to 4.0. Hard to complain about that as a Seahawks fan.

Well yes it is. First of all there job isn't to stop just Murray it's to stop the Dallas Cowboys rushing offense. They didn't so that. And giving up 4 yards per carry on a high amount of carries is bad. How often would you take a 3rd and 2?

Also how did their rush defense hold up while up 3 late in fourth when we lined up in a jumbo set?

Reactions: BAT

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
That's not how I remember it. Honestly, they did a GREAT job on him in the 1st half.

But where the Seahawks struggle this year as opposed to years past is they no longer have depth on the defensive line. They use to have a rotation of defensive linemen.....they were DONE by the 4th quarter yesterday not to mention NEVER had any pass rush.

Murray still had around 40 yards in the first half. But we kept running the ball which caused the defense to start playing the pass and putting their safeties close to the LOS. When that happened there were mismatches when Romo went play action. You can only stop Murray and the run for so long before Romo starts hurting you with the pass. Thats the beauty of this offense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I will take DOMINATION over sloppy football anyday. Sloppiness can be fixed. But DOMINATION is something that you have to build and only happens when all the right pieces fall into place. Not very many teams are able to dominate the world champs like we did in their own home turf.

It wasn't a "Domination" if you spotted them 17 points though. You do realize that if T-Will doesn't make the catch of his life this could've been a different result right? My point is not to lessen this win. It was HUGE. For this franchise and for the fan base. But you don't need the catch of your life if you take care of the football. This team to its credit has beaten themselves most weeks this season. I can live with a Romo INT but that's not even what's been killing them. Carelessness with the football.

No complaints here about a win though. But "domination"? I disagree. Because there is going to come a time.....and that carelss and sloppy football is going to hurt you.

Well yes it is. First of all there job isn't to stop just Murray it's to stop the Dallas Cowboys rushing offense. They didn't so that. And giving up 4 yards per carry on a high amount of carries is bad. How often would you take a 3rd and 2?

Also how did their rush defense hold up while up 3 late in fourth when we lined up in a jumbo set?

There job is to stop the Dallas Cowboys rushing offense? Is Murray not a part of that lol? I'm confused?

You guys are just finding arguments out of nowhere. There's nothing to argue. Demarco had a solid game yesterday and he contributed to the victory HEAVILY. If not for him, we may not win. But if I'm a team that has to face Demarco....I'm okay with 4 yards a carry from him. I'm fine if we had limited Marshawn Lynch to 4 yards a carry.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It wasn't a "Domination" if you spotted them 17 points though. You do realize that if T-Will doesn't make the catch of his life this could've been a different result right? My point is not to lessen this win. It was HUGE. For this franchise and for the fan base. But you don't need the catch of your life if you take care of the football. This team to its credit has beaten themselves most weeks this season. I can live with a Romo INT but that's not even what's been killing them. Carelessness with the football.

No complaints here about a win though. But "domination"? I disagree. Because there is going to come a time.....and that carelss and sloppy football is going to hurt you.

You can still dominate a game and still give them 17 points. Sure its sloppy football. But that doesn't change the fact that Dallas completely imposed their will on both sides of the ball on offense and defense. Call it what you may. When you can toy with a team to the tune of over 150 yards rushing and contain their QB and their runningback to less then 100 yards and yet come back to win it despite spotting them with 17 free points, thats domination.

If it weren't for those turnovers, we could have had a much bigger spread then just a TD. Heck, if Dallas wanted to they could have thrown the ball for a TD at the end rather than kick the field goal. The score doesn't reflect how easily Dallas toyed with Seattle. Thats domination.

kramskoi

Reaction score
The funny thing is, all of our points were offensive earned, not gifts from the defense or special teams. And we're a running team. Most people think you can't dominate and be a high-scoring team just running the ball. So we put up 30, had a punt blocked, two fumbles on our end, the list goes on. Without those mistakes, we could have easily dropped + 40 on the champs.

They conveniently forget the devastation that play-action can bring in an opposing secondary.

kramskoi

Reaction score

There job is to stop the Dallas Cowboys rushing offense? Is Murray not a part of that lol? I'm confused?

You guys are just finding arguments out of nowhere. There's nothing to argue. Demarco had a solid game yesterday and he contributed to the victory HEAVILY. If not for him, we may not win. But if I'm a team that has to face Demarco....I'm okay with 4 yards a carry from him. I'm fine if we had limited Marshawn Lynch to 4 yards a carry.

Well lets just call it controlling the LOS on both sides of the ball. Through 3 1/2 quarters that indeed happened and the dominance returned on the Murray TD drive following Williams' ridiculous catch. You are right...they played carelessly on special teams...and the crowd noise had a hand in the Romo fumble, but to say that they didn't own Seattle on both lines is just silly. I have a problem with the ball security as well, but you can't take away from those guys what they did to Seattle. They punched them in the mouth and kept coming regardless of fate or fortune. The extent of their control on both sides allowed them the luxury of losing the turnover differential...not something you want to make a habit of...its been two weeks consecutive now.

kramskoi

Reaction score

Not well if you ask Murray and the Hogs up front! Heck, they gave up 162 yds on the ground...with that kind of running, not much won't work on offense. To a man, if you asked the Seattle defense what surprised them most, it would likely be Dallas' ability to sustain their running game against the 12th man.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been brought up but this alone has me continuing to believe how bad*** our offense really is. If they couldn't stop us, who can? I think we're seeing an offense that will straight up dominate defenses. I'd even go as far as to say it's the best offense in the league. Man I never thought I'd say that.

As the great poet OScan once said: "we're good too."

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Not well if you ask Murray and the Hogs up front! Heck, they gave up 162 yds on the ground...with that kind of running, not much won't work on offense. To a man, if you asked the Seattle defense what surprised them most, it would likely be Dallas' ability to sustain their running game against the 12th man.

We should be running this O like a machine around week 11.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
As Michael Irvin said weeks before this game. When we're playing smart, mistake free football, this offense can be unstoppable and impose its will on any team in the league.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Yes not just Murray but Randle and Lunar as well. We hung 160 yards on their face. If you think they are in a meeting room gloating over holding Murray below their season average as they watch Richard Sherman ride Murray into the end zone for the winning score.... Well I don't know what to tell you. I really don't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes not just Murray but Randle and Lunar as well. We hung 160 yards on their face. If you think they are in a meeting room gloating over holding Murray below their season average as they watch Richard Sherman ride Murray into the end zone for the winning score.... Well I don't know what to tell you. I really don't.

Well I don't think they'd be gloating about a loss lol. Something tells me the Seahawks don't believe in "moral victories". Especially after just winning the Super Bowl.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Well I don't think they'd be gloating about a loss lol. Something tells me the Seahawks don't believe in "moral victories". Especially after just winning the Super Bowl.

Which is my point.

Our rushing offense dominated. Exactly as its intended to.

You wear out a defense and then gash them late. It's easier to lean on someone 40 times a game that it is to be leaned on 40 times a game.

Eventually you Crack.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which is my point.

Our rushing offense dominated. Exactly as its intended to.

You wear out a defense and then gash them late. It's easier to lean on someone 40 times a game that it is to be leaned on 40 times a game.

Eventually you Crack.

Okay I didn't disagree with any of this lol. My point was about how Murray had less than his average. I've stated it doesn't take away from his game. But how else could the Seahawks have contained him? Limited him to 1 yard a carry? I just don't get it. They did all they could handle and it was still a solid effort.