#1 trait you love about Dallas and #1 trait you loath

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love: The franchise. Every win. Every loss. No exception. Losses are eternally frustrating though but whatever doesn't kill you yada yada yada...

Loathe: Tie. Rowdy. And some of its fans, who seemingly enjoy absolutely nothing about the franchise, no matter how minscule an event or accomplishment, unless its hoisting a Lombardi trophy.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Stephen seems to be the one who has given the front office some more credibility. He holds some of Jerry's impulses in check.

I think Stephen as been the real GM for a few years now. Jerry has the title, but it's Stephen's call.

dfense

Reaction score
I love that until Romo was hurt they had not lost on the road since 2013. But they are under .500 at home in the new stadium. WTH?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love - the team never seems to not give up. they play hard.

Hate - Jones boys. Neither are qualified to run an organization related to football matters.

The Jones boys have 27 years, and going into their 28th year of running this team. Jerry has played football all his life. Won a national title with Arkansas and has 3 SB trophies to his / their credit.
I think they know how to run football matters as well as a business.
What is your experience? I know mine is not on that scale, and to compare it would be like comparing the size of the moon to the sun...which I would bet that holds true with about everyone on here.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Love: The fact that the franchise despite 20 years of mediocrity can still among the flagship franchises in the NFL.

Loathe: The idea that we are so veteran-adverse that we rarely show any interest in the ever-growing unemployed veteran market. We seem to enjoy the challenge of cheaper projects versus the seasoned professionals who cost more but also could add to the leadership on the team. Dallas is not the only team that way, but you see others that continue to bring in that type (New England, Seattle, for example).

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
  • Love: The Cowboys and Cowboys Football
  • Hate: Almost all of the Cowboys fanbase (including Jerry) because they are emotional train wrecks who think they are smart, but clearly are not.
:D

Socratic paradox

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This thread is probably destined for the rant zone, but I'm curious what is the #1 characteristic you like about our team lately and the #1 characteristic you hate.

I love the fact the we are constantly churning the bottom of the roster during the season.

I hate that every year we seem to have those fluky games where nothing goes right and we're turning the ball over like 10 times.

What say you?

Love: The persona, past history, uniforms, stadium
Hate: The way Jerry Jones runs the team and the head coaches he picks, fan base

Last edited:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Like - We're starting to invest in the offensive line and starting to understand that winning games requires an investment in the trenches.

Loathe - Jerry Jones is a great business man but an awful head coach. And even if he's not calling the plays, his influence impacts coaching - from who he hires to the coach who capitulates to him. I think this is the one thing that has held the Cowboys back and will continue to hold the Cowboys back. Prior to the hiring of Bill Parcells, I feared Jerry had become Al Davis. Now, I feel he's headed down that path, which won't bode well for the Cowboys' future.

I agree with both these and just want to add a note that I said on another thread.

I believe we are looking at one more big, and I mean big, Jerry move that he has left in his life and that's going to be the next QB. Unless it's a Christmas Miracle again with Dak we are going to have to make a move at some point and it's going to be a blockbuster. Two, possible three number ones and some two's to grab our guy and Jerry showing the world he has been and always will be a wildcatter because risk has made him everything he is.

BTW - I'm actually okay with this if it produces a 15-year franchise player. If not we are the Buffalo Bills for a long, long time.

One other thing I hate: snapping the ball at the end of the play clock.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I'm sure he has picked up somethings, but to me you don't learn on the job as being the top guy or the 2nd in charge. Most good GM's grow up through the ranks. He and Jerry did not do that and the results speak for themselves. This team has done nothing that comes close to getting to a Super Bowl in 20 years and counting. That is all on their watch and their decisions.

If he were not the owner's kid, do you think he would be a GM or a high ranking front office person today? I do not.

Man, I think you're being a bit harsh. There are countless examples in sports, entertainment and in life where sons learned the business from dad and sometimes outperformed them. Is it fair that a kid has an advantage that maybe others in the same career don't?

Hell yes, it's called life.

If you read around you'll see the perception of Stephen with other teams is vastly different than with Jerry and in fact, I just read a recent article saying that the league should be very wary of how the Cowboys are being built because of Stephen.

He has always handled the cap as well as he could given his dad's penchant for overpaying and the last few drafts although not deep, have netted more Pro Bowl players than any other team. I think that the Jerry/Stephen narrative is cliched and I also think we are in pretty good hands down the road, mainly because Stephen will do his job behind the scenes where it belongs.

I don't know how old you are but if you're under 30 you should really be more concerned with Spaulding. :cool:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Jones boys have 27 years, and going into their 28th year of running this team. Jerry has played football all his life. Won a national title with Arkansas and has 3 SB trophies to his / their credit.
I think they know how to run football matters as well as a business.
What is your experience? I know mine is not on that scale, and to compare it would be like comparing the size of the moon to the sun...which I would bet that holds true with about everyone on here.

Jerry Jones is a suspect GM. That is the problem in Dallas. IF you think he is good, then you must have low standards.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
This thread is probably destined for the rant zone, but I'm curious what is the #1 characteristic you like about our team lately and the #1 characteristic you hate.

I love the fact the we are constantly churning the bottom of the roster during the season.

I hate that every year we seem to have those fluky games where nothing goes right and we're turning the ball over like 10 times.

What say you?

You cannot deny the talent infusion and how well we've drafted in the first round lately. I love that. What I dislike is how we've spent a ton of resources at DE and none have panned out yet. Hardy was a fail. I think Gregory is going to be a fail. And Lawrence has been good in spots

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Love: The Star, the tradition, the uniform.

Hate: Lack of home field advantage even with all the Resources of a Billionaire owner.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Stephen seems to be the one who has given the front office some more credibility. He holds some of Jerry's impulses in check.

It's about results. And not Super Bowl or bust results. But we have not come CLOSE to competing for a Super Bowl since Jimmy and/or his influence has left the building. This is not speculation. This is fact. And no other regime would get 20 years to prove they have what it takes to claim the ultimate prize. Since 1995 (the last time Dallas played in the NFC title game)...only the Detroit Lions and Washington Commanders in addition to the Dallas Cowboys have been unable to advance to the NFC title game. Detroit and Washington have shook up their front office to try and break their streak....we stay the course....without any EVIDENCE that we are close to breaking the streak. And the whole time...Jerry distracts the fanbase with "things" that have ZERO to do with " on the field wins and losses"....to lead us to believe we are on the verge of breaking the streak.

dbonham

Reaction score
I hate that the stadium is in Arlington. Stadiums need to be downtown, and Dallas will be forever a second rate city because of it.