#1 trait you love about Dallas and #1 trait you loath

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This thread is probably destined for the rant zone, but I'm curious what is the #1 characteristic you like about our team lately and the #1 characteristic you hate.

I love the fact the we are constantly churning the bottom of the roster during the season.

I hate that every year we seem to have those fluky games where nothing goes right and we're turning the ball over like 10 times.

What say you?

The only thing I really loathe about the team is how we play with no cajonies.

We play like a team scared to lose and the lack of deception and plays that get guys open really annoy me.

JBS

Reaction score
The only thing I really loathe about the team is how we play with no cajonies.

We play like a team scared to lose and the lack of deception and plays that get guys open really annoy me.

Which is a team that plays w cajones?

birdwells1

Reaction score
This is kind of flawed way of thinking. Whether you think Stephen is qualified or not, was he supposed to turn down the opportunity? Many positions in many professions are not earned 100% merit based.

I think that Stephen is very qualified to step in as owner but like the other poster said GM should probably be a guy who comes up through the ranks. I also think the HC should come up through the ranks to.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
My favorite trait is that everyone loves to hate the Cowboys. They are ridiculed, made fun of, and parodied more than any other team and I love it. Mainly because once we return to form and win a super bowl, the haters will have no room to talk, and there's nothing better than silencing the critics.

The one trait I hate, and it's been less and less the past 5 years, is they would sign and overpay Medicare talent (ie Brandon Carr).

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Love having Witten, Lee and Frederick as Cowboys.
Hate that Jones can't see the obstacle that Garett is to fielding a super bowl winning team.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Love: The Cowboys fan base is huge.
Hate: Home games, the fans are weak. If the Cowboys were a team in the north east that stadium would be crazy.

CWR

Reaction score
Love: our potential
Hate: how we rarely live up to our potential

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Love - the Cowboys history and consecutive winning season and playoff appearances.

Loathe - running an offense that isn't "plug n play" when it comes to injuries and next man up.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Love - Our ability to stay in games.
Loathe - Our inability to close out games.

I feel this team, particularly the offense only performs at full throttle when we feel like we've already lost the game. Wish we could have that drive from second 1. I think that comes from Garrett being so averse to turnovers.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Love : The team...it is why we call ourselves FANS and post on a Team FAN forum...even when they are down and we are angry we still love our team.

Hate: Fans who mysteriously only post negative stuff or only post after we lose. Who seem to magically remain silent when we are winning. Who claim to be realists when they are just whiners. They often complain about the homers but the whiners far outweigh the homers and it is not even close anymore.

Love: posts like this.

Loathe: the generation that actually think Avatar was a great movie.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
This thread is probably destined for the rant zone, but I'm curious what is the #1 characteristic you like about our team lately and the #1 characteristic you hate.

I love the fact the we are constantly churning the bottom of the roster during the season.

I hate that every year we seem to have those fluky games where nothing goes right and we're turning the ball over like 10 times.

What say you?

love the team and memories i've gained over the years, frustrating and not so much, from watching them.

i hate the fans who take it personal and lob out hate bombs like halloween candy.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Love : The team...it is why we call ourselves FANS and post on a Team FAN forum...even when they are down and we are angry we still love our team.

Hate: Fans who mysteriously only post negative stuff or only post after we lose. Who seem to magically remain silent when we are winning. Who claim to be realists when they are just whiners. They often complain about the homers but the whiners far outweigh the homers and it is not even close anymore.

and this would be the long more detailed version of my hate. :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Man, I think you're being a bit harsh. There are countless examples in sports, entertainment and in life where sons learned the business from dad and sometimes outperformed them. Is it fair that a kid has an advantage that maybe others in the same career don't?

Hell yes, it's called life.

If you read around you'll see the perception of Stephen with other teams is vastly different than with Jerry and in fact, I just read a recent article saying that the league should be very wary of how the Cowboys are being built because of Stephen.

He has always handled the cap as well as he could given his dad's penchant for overpaying and the last few drafts although not deep, have netted more Pro Bowl players than any other team. I think that the Jerry/Stephen narrative is cliched and I also think we are in pretty good hands down the road, mainly because Stephen will do his job behind the scenes where it belongs.

I don't know how old you are but if you're under 30 you should really be more concerned with Spaulding. :cool:

if he's under 30, i'll bet he picks his nose. $20 says he eats it...

WinnipegBoy22

Reaction score
Love: The Dallas Cowboys organization and how they are rated among the best in all sports(dollar value)
Loathe: JJ the GM(if he in fact still is) mainly how he thinks with his heart and not his head and how he is such a fan of the team. Don't get me wrong i do love him as an owner/business man.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Like- Our offensive players

Loath - Jones family and other Cowboy fans.

But, but... I thought we was tight as a boyscout knot!
One trying to get his badge, not one who already got it.

Damn dude. I'mma haffa zrinkill you now.
And you know what that entails... Hiring someone else to do it.

I don't get my hands dirty.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Love: The Star, the tradition, the uniform.

Hate: Lack of home field advantage even with all the Resources of a Billionaire owner.

I think for me it is this too
Love: The Star, the tradition, the uniform.

Hate: Lack of home field advantage even with all the Resources of a Billionaire owner
and the silly noises played on ints etc.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What's not to like? Every team has it's ups and downs... they are just more extreme in Dallas.