#1 WRs: So where do you rank Roy Williams?

firehawk350

Reaction score
Hostile;2797168 said:
You're out of your mind.

Where have you ever seen me support Wade Phillips? Wouldn't a homer do so? Of course he would. I don't, and haven't for a long time. I tolerate him. Where have you ever seen my praise Dave Campo. Even when others say he is a good DB Coach I usually reply I don't care, I simply can't stand him. Wouldn't a homer support the entire staff? Of course he would. Where do you see me supporting the drafting of a 2nd Kicker? Wouldn't a homer be all in favor of it? Of course he would.

I recently posted in support of Jim Johnson as one of the best pure football coaches I have ever seen. Would a homer do that? Nope. I give my opinions as I see fit and I don't care who it bothers and that includes Cowboys fans.

The problem is you don't like my objectivity on this topic. I could care less. Either you'll get over it or you won't. Not up to me.

I was never "on" it. So there getting over it sounds a bit ostentatious. Either way, an unabashed homer is a bit rough. But homers don't have to be unwaveringly positive about their team and negative about rivals. There are degrees of homerism. But you're lack of willingness to object to things you disagree with speaks to your bias. As far as your objectivity here, I think that's in serious question. Roy Williams posted a single season over 1000 yards and never had a season of double digit TDs. The Lions offense had one of the most prolific passing offensive coordinators in recent history and that year, Mike freakin' Furrey posted over 1000 yards. If you are going to say Roy Williams is a #7 overall receiver, might as well give Furrey a prominent ranking.

Hostile;2797168 said:
Oh, I paid up on the bet on Friday. I paid more than my promise. I felt the 3 hours wasn't balanced with the $20. I charge a minimum of $25 per hour for my services as a Contractor so I donated the equivalent of 3 hours worth of my time.

Hope that makes you happy. Habitat for Humanity is a good cause. Thanks for the charity bet. It is appreciated.

Excellent. Good man.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good threads. This list and the Crayton list kind of put the fretting over our WRs into perspective.

I'd have RW at 12 on this list, though there are 5-6 if the #2s from the other thread I'd take over RW right now.

I'd have PC at 15-16 in the other thread, and I think *could* end the upcoming season pretty high on that other list (8-9th).

Put Witten at the top of his own list, and there's not a lot of excuses for the passing game not delivering this season.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Here is my thought about this numbering system to evaluating WR.

I could care less.

Roy Williams, Crayton and Austin could be the worst 1, 2 and 3 rated wr for all I care.

As long as they show up and play hard and do everything they can for the team on sundays the team will win and if they hang in there long enough big games will come. Williams might go for less than 100 yards recieving every week of the season and we may only win 9 or 10 games, but as long as that is enough to get in the playoffs, the stats dont matter.

At some point if you are a hard worker and you are team oriented and you continue to fight through the tough times, the good times will come. Whether that is in personal stats or Team results I dont know, but they will come.

The most important thing to me, They shut the hell up tuesday-sat. Do your job and support your teammates in good and bad.

Let ocho cinqo and buffalo bill worry about their personal stats where they are perceived by sports radio guys, nether has ever won anything and never will.

Nothing bugs me more than this number 1 wr talk. Its all a farce to me. I cant stand it and when it really comes down to it there are 2 amazing wr in the game today...Moss and fitzgerald and the rest are just good players.

So my hope is that our guys just keep plugging along and working harder each week and be about team at all costs. They are talented enough to help win games and that is all that we need. It doesnt matter where trey wingo, matt mosley, sanders, irvin and the rest all decide what number to put in front of them.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
DFWJC;2796009 said:
Now here's a list of my best guess at who is considered the #1 WR for each NFL team. I very roughly ranked them--and I know we will all have variations of the rankings (ex. rookie crabtree). These are based on 2009, not total past career.

My question is, where would you rank Roy E Willimas on this list?

I'd slot him in the 12-18 range...which is not too bad....and might be generous. We'll see!
If you base things on what they've done up to now, he's middle of the pack at best. Potentially though, I think he's easily in the Top 10. We've seen flashes of his ability, but his play hasn't been consistant up to now (mosty b/c of poor QB/Oline play). Hopefully a better offense will let him reach that potential.

Funny though that the top WR in the NFC East on that list is Santana Moss. Roy11 definitelyhas the potential to be top WR in the division hands down.

DFWJC

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2797338 said:
If you base things on what they've done up to now, he's middle of the pack at best. Potentially though, I think he's easily in the Top 10. We've seen flashes of his ability, but his play hasn't been consistant up to now (mosty b/c of poor QB/Oline play). Hopefully a better offense will let him reach that potential.

Funny though that the top WR in the NFC East on that list is Santana Moss. Roy11 definitelyhas the potential to be top WR in the division hands down.

I agree. And since Roy's not on the list, he may have been slotted ahead of Moss...though some here would disagree. To date, Moss is ahead of Roy for sure. But if I rated them for this coming season, I would put Roy ahead. But it's splitting hairs at this point.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2796076 said:
Lol, ok ok I'm not going to post anymore on this board until after week 1 when Roy doesn't do a damn thing. I cant wait to hear the excuses. "He's still getting to know Romo", "Its still early".

smh.

http://www.buffalobills.com

go ahead and go, stop wasting our time and precious bandwidths.

ddh33

Reaction score
Receivers are overrated. They make their plays only when the QB and OL play well anyway...

As long as guys here run the right routes, work hard, and catch the ball, the team will be fine. Who cares if the stats aren't as amazing?