#1 WRs: So where do you rank Roy Williams?

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
i'd take roy over colston and bowe sorry they havent done enough for me to call them better than roy11.

i mean this guy has made big plays over his career in detroit!! for crying out loud colston had a good rookie year and hasnt done squat since especially with him being injury prone and he has drew brees throwing 50 times a game he should be posting monster numbers there.

lance moore and david patton and devery henderson all have been more reliable than colston its time we see some more from colston before we keep making him top 15 ....imo

and roddy white had one good year and all of a sudden he's better than royw too now?? And roddy white had a qb in atlanta
lets see what he does this year before we call him top 10.

roy's hands and ability alone makes him top 15 and before last year he has been pretty consistent his whole career even with the misfits qb's the lions have had.

my top 15

1.andre johnson...does more with less in houston

2.larry fitz

3.randy moss....say what u will say but with brady he's still the most dangerous.

4.Calvin johnson...one man army here and has the potential to be #1 after this season.

5.Steve smith.... fast and strong its a shame delohmme is his qb

6.Reggie wayne....I think the next torry holt he does every thing great especially route running.

7.T.O...like it or not an off year was 1100 yards and 10tds without his qb for 3 games.

8.greg jennings..not a big guy but great speed and pretty strong after the catch.

9.Anquan boldin...tough as nails, more like a rb with the ball in his hands..the only knock is his t.o like attitude.

10. Brandon Marshall....its a shame because sky is the limit for this guy but it seems like jail is his destination soon.

11. ROY11....thats right just outside of the top 10 this guy finally has a real qb a great TE around him and a great running game at least 1200 yards and 11tds is in his forecast this year.

12.Ocho cinco...yeah i know he's a headcase but with carson palmer healthy again this guy off of ability alone is top ten but his personal issues bring him down.

13. tj housh...he should have a great chance to catch 100 balls in that short wco that seattle runs.

14. Braylon edwards...the whole cleveland team had an off year but i'd bet good money this guy will rebound he never had drop issues before i think it became a concentration problem last year.

15a. vincent jackson...huge frame and has good speed and hands and starting to come into his own as well as phillip rivers.

15b. desean jackson....i hate to say it (he's an eagle)and i know it was one season but i'd take him over colston and bowe because this guy was a one man wrecking crew last year for the eagles its like all he does is make big plays wether its receiving or returning.

defense's were scared of this kid last year and he always found ways to come up with the ball.

if the eagles defense would have held up last year against arizona his roast of DRC would have won the game for the birds.

his potential is rediculous and with the eagles taking maclin and mccoy to help releive westbrook desean jackson may even make the pro-bowl look for around 1200 yards and about 7-9 receiving tds and more in the return game and maybe some reverses.

DFWJC

Reaction score
barberthebeast24;2796467 said:
my top 15

1.andre johnson...does more with less in houston

2.larry fitz

3.randy moss....say what u will say but with brady he's still the most dangerous.

4.Calvin johnson...one man army here and has the potential to be #1 after this season.

5.Steve smith.... fast and strong its a shame delohmme is his qb

6.Reggie wayne....I think the next torry holt he does every thing great especially route running.

7.T.O...like it or not an off year was 1100 yards and 10tds without his qb for 3 games.

8.greg jennings..not a big guy but great speed and pretty strong after the catch.

9.Anquan boldin...tough as nails, more like a rb with the ball in his hands..the only knock is his t.o like attitude.

10. Brandon Marshall....its a shame because sky is the limit for this guy but it seems like jail is his destination soon.

11. ROY11....thats right just outside of the top 10 this guy finally has a real qb a great TE around him and a great running game at least 1200 yards and 11tds is in his forecast this year.

12.Ocho cinco...yeah i know he's a headcase but with carson palmer healthy again this guy off of ability alone is top ten but his personal issues bring him down.

13. tj housh...he should have a great chance to catch 100 balls in that short wco that seattle runs.

14. Braylon edwards...the whole cleveland team had an off year but i'd bet good money this guy will rebound he never had drop issues before i think it became a concentration problem last year.

15a. vincent jackson...huge frame and has good speed and hands and starting to come into his own as well as phillip rivers.

15b. desean jackson....i hate to say it (he's an eagle)and i know it was one season but i'd take him over colston and bowe because this guy was a one man wrecking crew last year for the eagles its like all he does is make big plays wether its receiving or returning.

Not a bad list at all, imo.

Like I said, everyone's list will hopefully be different--some more than others. Yours is more like the original (generally) than not.

I think you underestimate Bowe and overestimate D-Jax...but not radically.

I think Roy goes over 1000 yards and 8 TDs this year, so I obviously have confidence in him.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
DFWJC;2796009 said:
My question is, where would you rank Roy E Willimas on this list?

1--Fitzgerald (az)
2--A Johnson (hou)
3--Cal Johnson (det)
4--R Moss (ne)
5--R Wayne (ind)
6--S Smith (car)
7--B Marshall (den)
8--G Jennings (gb)
9--T Owens (buf)
10--R White (atl)
11--M Colston (no)
12--D Bowe (kc)
13--TJ Housh
14--Ch Johnson (cin)
15--B Edwards (cle)
16--A Bryant (tb)
17--V Jackson (sd)
18--S Holmes (pit)
19--T Holt (jax)
20--S Moss (was)
21--De Jackson
22--B Berrian (min)
23--D Avery (sl)
24--D Mason (bal)
25--J Cotchery (nyj)
26--N Washington (ten)
27--M Crabtree (sf)
28--D Hixon (nyg)
29--T Ginn (mia)
30--D Hester (chi)
31--Jav Walker (oak)

I'd slot him in the 12-18 range...which is not too bad....and might be generous. We'll see!

#9:cunning: and climbing...

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Right now I'd put him in the 12-15 range but after this season he could crack the top 10 or even top 5. It's all conditional

DFWJC

Reaction score
barberthebeast24;2796467 said:
lance moore and david patton and devery henderson all have been more reliable than colston its time we see some more from colston before we keep making him top 15 ....imo

No, no, and uh...definitely no.

Colston has played three seasons and in spite missing nearly half of last season due to some injuries has still averaged over 3 seasons
1000 yds per season

Good news is that I think RW will give us that or more this year.
8 TDs per season

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2796439 said:
Why are people acting like Roy Williams isn't an outstanding player?? The guy hasn't had the ideal QB situation over the last couple of years.

It boggles my mind.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
austintodallas;2796049 said:
You're missing Boldin on that list. I'd probably put him about 6 or 7 (Boldin that is).

I wouldn't put Boldin ahead of Colston or White.

firehawk350

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2796439 said:
Why are people acting like Roy Williams isn't an outstanding player?? The guy hasn't had the ideal QB situation over the last couple of years.
Maybe because he hasn't been outstanding...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2796076 said:
Lol, ok ok I'm not going to post anymore on this board until after week 1 when Roy doesn't do a damn thing. I cant wait to hear the excuses. "He's still getting to know Romo", "Its still early".

smh.
Hallelujah. I hope you're a man of your word, even if your word is foolish.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DFWJC;2796009 said:
Now here's a list of my best guess at who is considered the #1 WR for each NFL team. I very roughly ranked them--and I know we will all have variations of the rankings (ex. rookie crabtree). These are based on 2009, not total past career.

My question is, where would you rank Roy E Willimas on this list?

1--Fitzgerald (az)
2--A Johnson (hou)
3--Cal Johnson (det)
4--R Moss (ne)
5--R Wayne (ind)
6--S Smith (car)
7--B Marshall (den)
8--G Jennings (gb)
9--T Owens (buf)
10--R White (atl)
11--M Colston (no)
12--D Bowe (kc)
13--TJ Housh
14--Ch Johnson (cin)
15--B Edwards (cle)
16--A Bryant (tb)
17--V Jackson (sd)
18--S Holmes (pit)
19--T Holt (jax)
20--S Moss (was)
21--De Jackson
22--B Berrian (min)
23--D Avery (sl)
24--D Mason (bal)
25--J Cotchery (nyj)
26--N Washington (ten)
27--M Crabtree (sf)
28--D Hixon (nyg)
29--T Ginn (mia)
30--D Hester (chi)
31--Jav Walker (oak)

I'd slot him in the 12-18 range...which is not too bad....and might be generous. We'll see!
I think he will be a top 10 WR this year and will make the Pro Bowl. Yes, I'm serious. I'd put him around 7th on his potential. I think he'll be a difference maker in 2009.

Go ahead and call me a homer. I've always liked the kid. I am glad he is on the team. He finally has a QB and their dedication will pay off. No I am not a Longhorns fan.

burmafrd

Reaction score
ROY has to stay motivated and work hard. IF he does that he will be top 10.

No one should be on that list who has less then 3 full seasons. Anyone putting a second or third year guy on that list is nuts. AFTER 3 full seasons then you can reasonably make some judgements.

Andre is clearly #1 right now. MOSS could be but he is not willing to put in the effort. Fitz right now should be #2. After those two there to me is a gap and you can throw about 5-6 players into it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sarge;2796975 said:
I wouldn't put Boldin ahead of Colston or White.

Wow....like I said, we all have our opinions. Boldin is the 1st Card to go over 1000 yards 4 straight years. he is an absolute warrior on the field and still had an incredible year lasy season even after that violent helmet-to-helmet hit that sat him down a few games. They're all three good, but I think Boldin as the lead guy on NO gets 1400 yard and 12 TDs easy. JMO

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hostile;2797017 said:
I think he will be a top 10 WR this year and will make the Pro Bowl. Yes, I'm serious. I'd put him around 7th on his potential. I think he'll be a difference maker in 2009.

Go ahead and call me a homer. I've always liked the kid. I am glad he is on the team. He finally has a QB and their dedication will pay off. No I am not a Longhorns fan.

Homer. :D

Sure hope it happens though! I like him to have a big year too...wouldn't put him 7th at this point, but we can hope.
:pray:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DFWJC;2797062 said:
Homer. :D

Sure hope it happens though! I like him to have a big year too...wouldn't put him 7th at this point, but we can hope.
:pray:
Sometimes where someone is ranked is dependent upon the Offense or Defense they are in. Our Offense is loaded and high powered. That is why. He's motivated, in sync with his QB, and no football guy has ever questioned his talent. There's no reason not to be a little optimistic.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
1. R. Moss
2. L. Fitz
3. S. Smith
4. A. Johnson
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Wayne
7. Marshall
EDIT: Plaxico Burress
8. Colston
9. S. Moss
10. Bryant
11. Jennings
12. Bowe
13. B. Edwards
14. R. White
15. T.J. Houz
16. Roy Williams
17. Chad Johnson
18. DeSean Jackson
19. Berrian
20. Crabtree

Hostile;2797017 said:

Wow your glass isn't just half full, its spilling over.

firehawk350

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2797121 said:
1. R. Moss
2. L. Fitz
3. S. Smith
4. A. Johnson
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Wayne
7. Marshall
8. Colston
9. S. Moss
10. Bryant
11. Jennings
12. Bowe
13. B. Edwards
14. R. White
15. T.J. Houz
16. Roy Williams
17. Chad Johnson
18. DeSean Jackson
19. Berrian
20. Crabtree

He's gone from being somewhat objective to be an unabashed homer. Some people handle disappointment differently.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Roy Williams is the least of our worries.

He'll be a good player.

What we need to worry about is the back up receivers, and the Oline.

On defense I really like Spencer but Ellis was always a great insurance policy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2797121 said:
1. R. Moss
2. L. Fitz
3. S. Smith
4. A. Johnson
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Wayne
7. Marshall
8. Colston
9. S. Moss:lmao:

10. Bryant
11. Jennings
12. Bowe
13. B. Edwards
14. R. White
15. T.J. Houz
16. Roy Williams
17. Chad Johnson
18. DeSean Jackson
19. Berrian
20. Crabtree

Wow...someone has some man-love going for Santana Moss---even at this stage of his career. That's cool, we all have our blind spots. :D

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
DFWJC;2797146 said:
Wow...someone has some man-love going for Santana Moss---even at this stage of his career. That's cool, we all have our blind spots. :D

He still managed to grab 79 catches, 1,044 yards, and 6 TDs at this 'stage in his career'. Don't forget who has been throwing him the ball.

Nice try.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
firehawk350;2797129 said:
He's gone from being somewhat objective to be an unabashed homer. Some people handle disappointment differently.
You're out of your mind.

Where have you ever seen me support Wade Phillips? Wouldn't a homer do so? Of course he would. I don't, and haven't for a long time. I tolerate him. Where have you ever seen my praise Dave Campo. Even when others say he is a good DB Coach I usually reply I don't care, I simply can't stand him. Wouldn't a homer support the entire staff? Of course he would. Where do you see me supporting the drafting of a 2nd Kicker? Wouldn't a homer be all in favor of it? Of course he would.

I recently posted in support of Jim Johnson as one of the best pure football coaches I have ever seen. Would a homer do that? Nope. I give my opinions as I see fit and I don't care who it bothers and that includes Cowboys fans.

The problem is you don't like my objectivity on this topic. I could care less. Either you'll get over it or you won't. Not up to me.

Oh, I paid up on the bet on Friday. I paid more than my promise. I felt the 3 hours wasn't balanced with the $20. I charge a minimum of $25 per hour for my services as a Contractor so I donated the equivalent of 3 hours worth of my time.

Hope that makes you happy. Habitat for Humanity is a good cause. Thanks for the charity bet. It is appreciated.