Twitter: 10/31 Cowboys Tweets

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It amazes me every year after the draft, when guys that actually pay attention to the prospects give their opinion and the homers jump all over them and say "how dare you question the front office!". I think generally LVE is the one we draftniks got wrong. We said Taco sucked, Hill was a reach and a half. A lot of our info is second hand for sure, we only have access and time for so much game content, but when 9-10 people who do this for a living say a guy is a 4th round talent, they are usually correct. Take today's team and add JJ Watt and Juan Thornhill.. If for some awful reason Marinelli is still on the staff next year, they should lock him in the closet until the draft is over, his input on players stinks.

John813

Reaction score
It amazes me every year after the draft, when guys that actually pay attention to the prospects give their opinion and the homers jump all over them and say "how dare you question the front office!". I think generally LVE is the one we draftniks got wrong. We said Taco sucked, Hill was a reach and a half. A lot of our info is second hand for sure, we only have access and time for so much game content, but when 9-10 people who do this for a living say a guy is a 4th round talent, they are usually correct. Take today's team and add JJ Watt and Juan Thornhill.. If for some awful reason Marinelli is still on the staff next year, they should lock him in the closet until the draft is over, his input on players stinks.
Edit:
You meant TJ Watt. Threw me off for a minute.

Going to say we did well in 2011 in the first round.

ShortRound

Reaction score
According to FW Star Telegram beat writer Clarence Hill. Garrett did the right thing And sent T. Hill and A. Woods home. If Trysten Hill wants to avoid the “bust” tag, being on time to team mtgs/practices is the bare minimum to expect.

Yeah not a good look, he should know what this looks like. Glad Garrett did this.

Syron

Reaction score
Talent-wise, I can't argue with what you are saying. They are either not listening to the grades, or afraid someone else will take them higher. Or perhaps Rod just sees a glimmer of gold and thinks he alone can make the player shine where others have failed. That logic is flawed, but I get it.

What I don't get is the character evaluation happening. The scouting report on both Taco and Hill identified motivation and coaching as a concern. Said one scout about Hill: "He wasn't always fun to coach so you have to keep that in mind if you bring him into your room." It shouldn't take more than a few conversations with someone to identity if they are going to be difficult to coach. And if so, they better have Pro-Bowl talent. I'm sure the coaching staff UCF didn't sing his praise either. Motivation, passion and work ethic should always trump inconsistent talent.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Get ready for the incoming comments.....

Dre11

Reaction score
I wish we were like other teams where the 2nd rd picks make the game day roster. :(

Not all from other teams make The game day roster. Some 1st rounders don't.

Frederick, Lawerence, Jaylon Smith ,Martin all make the game day roster,