10-6 is what we will end up folks

Mansta54

Reaction score
Alexander;2408022 said:
Fair enough.

But why do you believe we are "that good"? When have we been "that good" this season save the Green Bay game when everyone handed us the conference?

I think we're that good because of the talent we have and the addition of RW and FJ makes us that much better. Last years O was simply awesome and we've added to that. This year we were 4-2 when Romo went down and wasn't playing our best ball but that's fine, it was Sept and Oct, we didn't need to be playing our best ball at that point but we were still winning. I learned that playing your best ball in Sept and Oct means absolutely jack if you're gonna fade down the stretch. We peaked too early last year and this year we were winning but not at our best, leaving me to believe that our best was yet to come and I still believe that with us getting healthy now, we'll be just fine for that stretch run..

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
CATCH17;2408021 said:
Thats because when Roethlisberger got hurt they rolled out a guy who has no business being a #2 Quarterback and when Romo got hurt we rolled out a guy who has no business still being in the league.

The most important position is Quarterback and if you get bad play from that position it can completely crumble every phase of your team.

Leftwich is right where he belongs. Were you amazed at how fast teams tried to snap him up?

I'm not just singling out QB. (BTW - they must have a GM with a nose for talent and that really takes his title/job seriously.)They've lost alot of great defensive starters. Good to great O-linemen. Receivers. Yet they continue to steamroll. Look at Atlanta. Patriots. Greenbay for crying out loud. Titans. Miami.

Here's the question............why is everyone of our backups, on the offensive side of the ball crap? I know why, but most refuse to hear it. And again, a good offense is not taking us to the level we all expect this year. You know this.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Seven;2408147 said:
Leftwich is right where he belongs. Were you amazed at how fast teams tried to snap him up?

I was shocked and still am that a Quarterback like Leftwich was just left out there.

There are several teams who should have been all over him to be their starting Quarterback.

Leftwich has no business being a backup.

If the Steelers have Brad Johnson they aren't winning that game and neither is any team that has to play him.

He has no physical abilities.

If you can protect Leftwich he can pick you apart. It doesn't matter with Brad.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54;2408075 said:
I think we're that good because of the talent we have and the addition of RW and FJ makes us that much better. Last years O was simply awesome and we've added to that. This year we were 4-2 when Romo went down and wasn't playing our best ball but that's fine, it was Sept and Oct, we didn't need to be playing our best ball at that point but we were still winning. I learned that playing your best ball in Sept and Oct means absolutely jack if you're gonna fade down the stretch. We peaked too early last year and this year we were winning but not at our best, leaving me to believe that our best was yet to come and I still believe that with us getting healthy now, we'll be just fine for that stretch run..

GOOD POST!

Here's one thing I think most of the (8-8, 9-7 our defense stinks because it won't tackle and Romo can't help that crowd) is missing.

Next Sunday in Washington, The Cowboys will field the healthiest and most complete team it has all season.

We started this year without two key defensive cogs in Newman and Spencer. Up until last week Spencer hardly played. Newman played 2 games in a very limited capacity. I can't stress how huge these two players healthy will be for us!

On the offensive side of the ball. We now have Koiser and Romo back to play with our new addition Roy Williams for the first time.

Does anyone here doubt that Williams will help this offense that ranked #2 before Romo went down?

I say we crush Washington. If we don't win and win impressively, I'll eat my words.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We're in serious denial.

9-7.

San Francisco, Seattle and Philly and Baltimore will give us a win.

Jerra is furious and bam! Garrett is suddenly the coach planning for a weakass draft.

Thank you, Wade you witless sliver of a head coach.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I believe if we beat Washington we will get in the playoffs. if we lose season is over. but I think we will win because we have no other choice.

IN ROMO WE TRUST

Seven

Reaction score
CATCH17;2408171 said:
I was shocked and still am that a Quarterback like Leftwich was just left out there.

There are several teams who should have been all over him to be their starting Quarterback.

Dude. Ask yourself WHY? Why weren't they all over him? Why do you think you know more than any given NFL coach? Should have but DIDN'T. Why?

CATCH17;2408171 said:
Leftwich has no business being a backup.

Yet every other professional in the league thinks the opposite. You have nothing to stand on. No basis for yor anology. Nothing.

CATCH17;2408171 said:
If the Steelers have Brad Johnson they aren't winning that game and neither is any team that has to play him.

He has no physical abilities.

The Stealers do not have Johnson which is my point. How can they lose key players and still continue to roll? Which is, again, my point and will continue to be so.

CATCH17;2408171 said:
If you can protect __________ he can pick you apart. It doesn't matter with Brad.

Insert name here...................... kidding me ,right?

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2408514 said:
I believe if we beat Washington we will get in the playoffs. if we lose season is over. but I think we will win because we have no other choice.

IN ROMO WE TRUST

I agree with this sentiment. The Cowboys have shown up when they "had to" so far (Green Bay, Tampa Bay, and Philadelphia). I hope I'm not jinxing them by thinking that, but at this point it seems like they've got a lot of those working against them already.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
10-6?
No reason we can't run the table and even end uup 12-4, although unlikely, ut I think we'll see after the bye week how the addition of Roy Williams impacts this offense now that we got soeone to scare the defense and get the W.R.'s the ball, there's no reason to think we can't win everygame, we havent' been healtyh all year and now it looks like we will be, NO TEAM SCARES me with Romo at Q.B. and this offense, now that we got our young corners some experience and put our shutdown C.B. Newman back starting to go with Roy Williams/Felix Jones/Kyle Kosier(forgotten man, but important) and of course Tony Romo, I think we'll start to blow teams out and be the team everyone knows we can be, time will tell, but I see us losing one game and going 11-5 and woudnt' be surprised if we go undefeated thet of the way, YES undefeated.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2408502 said:
We're in serious denial.

9-7.

San Francisco, Seattle and Philly and Baltimore will give us a win.

Jerra is furious and bam! Garrett is suddenly the coach planning for a weakass draft.

Thank you, Wade you witless sliver of a head coach.

We're not in denial. You're underestimating the team.

Are you predicting a 4-3 finish with Romo starting all 7 games?

You do know Romo got us out to a 4-2 start with a little less talent on both sides of the ball than he'll have now.

You think @Browns, Eagles, @Packers, Commanders, @Cardinals, Bengals is much easier than @Commanders, 49ers, Seahawks, @Steelers, Giants Ravens, @Eagles.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just want to get a WIN first. Let's not speculate on a record at 10-6....we just need a win first.

Mansta54

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2408655 said:

You do know Romo got us out to a 4-2 start with a little less talent on both sides of the ball than he'll have now.

You think @Browns, Eagles, @Packers, Commanders, @Cardinals, Bengals is much easier than @Commanders, 49ers, Seahawks, @Steelers, Giants Ravens, @Eagles.

You're absolutely correct, nobody is in denial just becuase we feel the BOYZ will finish strong with Romo bacl at the helm. I still say we won't lose another game this year and 1 at the most if we do... That's just how good I think we are when healthy....

Seven

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2408624 said:
10-6?
No reason we can't run the table and even end uup 12-4, although unlikely, ut I think we'll see after the bye week how the addition of Roy Williams impacts this offense now that we got soeone to scare the defense and get the W.R.'s the ball, there's no reason to think we can't win everygame, we havent' been healtyh all year and now it looks like we will be, NO TEAM SCARES me with Romo at Q.B. and this offense, now that we got our young corners some experience and put our shutdown C.B. Newman back starting to go with Roy Williams/Felix Jones/Kyle Kosier(forgotten man, but important) and of course Tony Romo, I think we'll start to blow teams out and be the team everyone knows we can be, time will tell, but I see us losing one game and going 11-5 and woudnt' be surprised if we go undefeated thet of the way, YES undefeated.

sonnyboy;2408655 said:

Did ANYONE actually watch the first 4 games? Super-Romo was running for his life. Consistently. With Kosier. With #81. With Barber. With Witten. Matter of fact...........he was injured on the run. :eek: . No, really, he was.
Can I borrow your glasses. I need to make sure the rose gloss on them is within spec. and the glasses themselves have been calibrated accordingly.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Seven;2408780 said:
Did ANYONE actually watch the first 4 games? Super-Romo was running for his life. Consistently. With Kosier. With #81. With Barber. With Witten. Matter of fact...........he was injured on the run. :eek: . No, really, he was.
Can I borrow your glasses. I need to make sure the rose gloss on them is within spec. and the glasses themselves have been calibrated accordingly.

Running for his life?
How many SACKS did he have the 1st 4 games?????????
Tell me that one then get back to me!
Also tell me who cares if he was running for his life, which I BEG TO DIFFER, 1st game of season he could of read a book back there, left the stadium, returned it to the library, came back and STILL had time to throw the ball, and with a threat opposite T.O. now, teams will be paying more for blitzing, and players will get open faster, and his running for his life as you claim is irrelevant since HOW MANY POINTS did we average on offense with him supposedly running for his life those 1st 4 games???

So, GET BACK TO ME and answer me those 2 qurestions if anyone can,

Question #1: HOW MANY POINTS was our offense averaging the 1st 4 games MINUS Roy Williams??

Question #2: How many sacks did our offense allow the 1st 4 games??

GET BACK TO ME THEN TRY AND SEE HOW FUNNY YOUR COMMENTS BECOME!

DallasDomination

Reaction score
We could beat Washington and lose to SF so no one game is going to determine if We get in or not. Besides this team is mentally soft and I wouldnt be surprised if We get up for Washington and get beat by SF or Seattle.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Seven;2408780 said:
Romo was sacked three times in the first four games.

Kinda hurts your theory.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
lane;2407723 said:
that's what we will end up folks.

sad but true.

is it enough to make the playoffs?

atlanta..tampa bay..arizona..wash...eagles...chicago..minnesota?

i don't know.

we lose at pitt and philly?

injuries have destroyed our season along with pitiful coaching.

can we make the playoffs at 10-6?

i think we are going to make a hell of a try with our weapons coming back.

but will the real cowboys please stand the hell up?

So you are saying the Cowboys will only lose two more games this season with this staring them in the face?

at pittsburgh
at balimore
at Commanders
giants
at Eagles

you may WANT them to finish 10-6 but we all know that they will not win 10 games this season.

30yrheel

Reaction score
windward;2408821 said:
Romo was sacked three times in the first four games.

Kinda hurts your theory.

but he was under a lot of pressure with, what nate newton called, an "unclean" pocket.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
I truly believe Dallas will beat Washington next week. My prediction is that Dallas will go 5-2 down the stretch with losses @Pitt and @ Philly. The game of the year will be the NYG game, in fact the only reason Dallas wins that game is because Ill be there for my first and last game at Texas Stadium and they have to put on a great show for me! :)

Mansta54

Reaction score
30yrheel;2408849 said:
but he was under a lot of pressure with, what nate newton called, an "unclean" pocket.

So what!!! It's football, pressure is gonna happen at times. No QB is gonna have a perfect pocket every down, can he get the pass off and completed is what counts..