10 DL- Name em

MTerrazzano

Reaction score
Since Quinn is suspended for first two games, Jackson in - Quinn out. After week 2, it gets interesting. Jackson won't make it to the PS, but i don't how you carry more than 10 DL. Team is known for de-valuing the 1T spot, so maybe Covington gets released. Taco appears to be safe. Injuries could change this of course.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Tank
2. Quinn
3. Taco
4. Armstrong
5. Crawford
6. Woods
7. Collins
8. Covington
9. Hill
10. Hyder

Hoping to get Jackson, Jelks and Wise to the PS

That is the 10 I have.
I think Jackson makes it while Quinn is suspended. Then they can try to get him to the PS, which I think they will. As other teams will have their rosters set. So very doubtful a team will pluck him form us. As teams will see what they have before doing that.

Jackson and Jelks on the PS. I am not impressed with Wise. Ricky Walker may be ahead of wise for the PS, unless they keep both.

Kaiser

Reaction score

That would be my 10 also, it will be interesting to see what they do with the 2 week spot created by Quinn's suspension.

I would also add Ricky Walker to practice squad candidates, but he isn't going to be claimed on waivers by another team.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Since Quinn is suspended for first two games, Jackson in - Quinn out. After week 2, it gets interesting. Jackson won't make it to the PS, but i don't how you carry more than 10 DL. Team is known for de-valuing the 1T spot, so maybe Covington gets released. Taco appears to be safe. Injuries could change this of course.

Covington is here to rotate with Woods. They are similar players and it strengthens the position to have him. We need a 2nd 1T and he's the only one on this list

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is an option than may very well happen. They keep 9 DL at first. Keep 7 WR's, then move Brown to IR, then bring back Jackson.
But most likely they would do this scenario with a DB, keep 9, then bring someone back. Keep Jackson as the 10 DL still.

But just throwing it out there, as they may only keep 9 DB's anyway. So where do they use that roster spot to move Brown or someone else to the IR.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Tank
2. Quinn
3. Taco
4. Armstrong
5. Crawford
6. Woods
7. Collins
8. Covington
9. Hill
10. Hyder

Morgan-Freeman-Saying-Good-Luck-The-Dark-Knight.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
DE - Lawrence, Jackson (until Quinn is back), Armstrong, Hyder, Taco
DT - Woods, Hill, Covington, Collins
Swing - Crawford

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  1. Lawrence
  2. Collins
  3. Woods
  4. Taco
  5. Armstrong
  6. Covington
  7. Hill
  8. Hyder
  9. Jackson
  10. Jelks
Quinn and Gregory are suspended and won't count on the initial 53.

So you do not have Crawford?
Actually I would not mind that at all. I just don't see it happening. Next year, yes I can see them letting him go.

However I hope you are correct. Keep the youth and longer term players with more upside, and save some cap space. Though next year he will be less of a hit? I am not sure how his contract plays out the next 2 seasons. That is the only reason I have him on my 10, as well as we know this staffs love affair with him, against their better judgement, if they have a better judgement.

Quinn returns then Jelks to the PS.

Gregory, until he is reinstated, I won't even consider him in the mix.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you do not have Crawford?

I absolutely would not. I have Jackson and Hyder to swing inside for pass rush if need be. At a fraction of the cost.

And I also have the potential upside with Jackson and Jelks' development which you obviously don't have with Crawford.

Actually I would not mind that at all. I just don't see it happening. Next year, yes I can see them letting him go.

However I hope you are correct. Keep the youth and longer term players with more upside, and save some cap space. Though next year he will be less of a hit? I am not sure how his contract plays out the next 2 seasons. That is the only reason I have him on my 10, as well as we know this staffs love affair with him, against their better judgement, if they have a better judgement.

Quinn returns then Jelks to the PS.

Gregory, until he is reinstated, I won't even consider him in the mix.

When Quinn comes back, you have decisions to make, barring injury making your decisions for you.

But if Crawford is on the roster week one, you're stuck with him for the entire season as his salary becomes guaranteed.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
1. Tank
2. Quinn
3. Taco
4. Armstrong
5. Crawford
6. Woods
7. Collins
8. Covington
9. Hill
10. Hyder

Tank, Quinn, Collins, Woods, Gregory, Hyder, Hill, Covington, Taco, Armstrong. Jackson starts the season instead of Gregory. I am telling you Crawford is not safe. If Gregory is cleared Crawford is gone.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I'm actually looking for Crawford to have a good year this year, with a deeper rotation across the line - he can have a season where he does not have to jump back and forth from DE to D-3 so much.
I think his rehab has been a blessing for him this off-season. His weight is down, but his strength and bulk are up. He should be the swing player, but at a lesser impact inside.
I do think this will probably be his last season here, but I do think he will be the player we hoped he would have been if they hadn't jacked him around so much. Same actually goes for M. Collins as well !

quickccc

Reaction score
  1. Lawrence
  2. Collins
  3. Woods
  4. Taco
  5. Armstrong
  6. Covington
  7. Hill
  8. Hyder
  9. Jackson
  10. Jelks
Quinn and Gregory are suspended and won't count on the initial 53.

They won't count against the initial 53 but wont you will still have to eventually cut a valuable player once their suspension time is up and you're trying to get them back on the 53 roster?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Tank
2. Quinn
3. Collins
4. Armstrong
5. Hyder
6. Woods
7. Taco
8. Covington
9. Hill
10. Jackson

I would say goodbye to Crawford. He’s good but he could save us some cap money by releasing him. I think he’s probably back but if it were up to me I would release him. I don’t dislike Ty Crawford but his best days are certainly behind him IMO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They won't count against the initial 53 but wont you will still have to eventually cut a valuable player once their suspension time is up and you're trying to get them back on the 53 roster?

Yes. But that doesn't mean it has to come from the defensive line.

quickccc

Reaction score
Yes. But that doesn't mean it has to come from the defensive line.

the only place I've been really thinking about going shorter than usual is the RB unit.
I believe we went with just 2 RBs and one FB in 2018 ( zeke, rod smith and Olawele)

- could we do an encore with just zeke, pollard and the FB Olawele?

Have either Weber, Jackson or Chunn on the practice squad if needed ?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the only place I've been really thinking about going shorter than usual is the RB unit.
I believe we went with just 2 RBs and one FB in 2018 ( zeke, rod smith and Olawele)

- could we do an encore with just zeke, pollard and the FB Olawele?

Have either Weber, Jackson or Chunn on the practice squad if needed ?

That’s what I’m thinking too. None of them have distinguished themselves enough for a spot on the 53.