3. Hill
  4. Covington

DE/DT Crawford
  • Cost to keep 7M.
    • Full Time starter past 5 years.
    • Will he start in 2019?
    • If not, will they keep him at 7M?
Practice Squad Candidates
  • Jelks: Most likely to be claimed on this list.
  • Wise
  • Walker
  • Soto

Home Depot
  • Daniel Ross

exciter

Reaction score
1. Tank
2. Quinn
3. Taco
4. Armstrong
5. Crawford
6. Woods
7. Collins
8. Covington
9. Hill
10. Hyder

Hoping to get Jackson, Jelks and Wise to the PS
Jelks and Jackson have shown way too much potential to develop vs a jag like Hyder who is on a one year contract and is so far back in the depth chart he'd never make the active day roster barring multiple injuries. At best they can trade him, too slow to play end and too small to play dt!

quickccc

Reaction score
DE
  1. DLaw
  2. Hyder
  3. Armstrong
  4. Taco
  5. Joe Jackson
  • Suspended: Quinn
DT
  1. M.Collins
  2. Woods
  3. Hill
  4. Covington

DE/DT Crawford
  • Cost to keep 7M.
    • Will he start in 2019?

i'll have to see it to believe it. .I can't see Crawford being let go.

although it makes no sense to pay a non-starter $7 million, I also believe they love the guy too much to part with him, this close to the season .
and rather invest In a younger promising upstart, they prefer to entrust Crawford.
Both coaching and management seems too endeared to his leadership values and versatility.

quickccc

Reaction score
I see it similar as others:

DE:
1 Dlaw
2 Quinn
3 Crawford
4 Armstrong
5 Hyder
6 Taco ?

DT:
7 Woods DT
8 M. Collins DT
9 Covington DT
10 Hill DT

11? (Jackson or jelks ?)

- I’m starting to believe there will be No Gregory in 2019. I’m not hearing jack nothing even with an appeal for reinstatement filing.

- Could this be the year we carry 11, one more than the usual 10?

- Watch out for a Taco possible trade before roster is set ?

- I think they will try to bring Jelks thru practice squad (good luck with that)

- ditto with Jackson, he'll be claimed with da quickness, if waived and attempted to squeeze to PS, . and with both players doing well in camp, i would question cutting two promising draft picks .

- DT Daniel Wise and Rick walker will have a more better chance to get to the practice squad than Jackson/Jelks.

- i'm more for going short at RB with just two RBs and one FB (zeke, pollard, olawele) as we did in 2018, .. that would give a longer option at DL and maybe WR.

quickccc

Reaction score
Jelks and Jackson have shown way too much potential to develop vs a jag like Hyder who is on a one year contract and is so far back in the depth chart he'd never make the active day roster barring multiple injuries. At best they can trade him, too slow to play end and too small to play dt!

Hyder has been making big plays and showing up in these two preseason games though.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I can’t this is stressing me out, they need to increase the roster sizes already...:eek:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And yet a far better pass rusher than Crawford, who you could save $6 million by cutting.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DE
  1. DLaw
  2. Hyder
  3. Armstrong
  4. Taco
  5. Joe Jackson
DT
  1. M.Collins
  2. Woods
  3. Hill
  4. Covington

DE/DT Crawford
  • Cost to keep 7M.
    • Will he start in 2019?
  • Wise
  • Walker
  • Soto

Home Depot
  • Daniel Ross

I'm always bothered when Crawford is referred to as a "starter". It's simply semantics and wordplay.

He's a "starter" in name only, and anyone being honest knows that.

And no, I am not referring to you personally here so please don't take it that way.

It's just seeing that term associated with the player is aggravating.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i'll have to see it to believe it. .I can't see Crawford being let go.

although it makes no sense to pay a non-starter $7 million, I also believe they love the guy too much to part with him, this close to the season .
and rather invest In a younger promising upstart, they prefer to entrust Crawford.
Both coaching and management seems too endeared to his leadership values and versatility.

A mistake.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
but people told me DAL has a bad DL with no depth ..................

someone is going to get signed off the list to another team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm always bothered when Crawford is referred to as a "starter". It's simply semantics and wordplay.

He's a "starter" in name only, and anyone being honest knows that.

And no, I am not referring to you personally here so please don't take it that way.

It's just seeing that term associated with the player is aggravating.
Crawford is definitely a starter.
If the team has gotten to the point where it actually has 4 better players to line up snap 1 then this DL is doing VERY well.
With Quinn out 2 games Crawford likely starts at RDE.

Taco has been auditioning for other teams IMHO. His youth, upside and contract are very tradeable.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'll take "9 Jags" for 200, Alex.
NFL teams would kill to have an All Pro then 9 JAGs on the DL.
Average NFL DL are hard to come by.
Having this kind of depth is how you build great DL.
This is how Jimmy's DL were stacked.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford is definitely a starter.

Do the other 31 NFL teams yank their RDE "starter" off the field at the hint of a passing play?

If the team has gotten to the point where it actually has 4 better players to line up snap 1 then this DL is doing VERY well.

And shame on them if they haven't. Shame on them if they're still costing themselves $9 million for a guy without an actual starting job.

With Quinn out 2 games Crawford likely starts at RDE.
And gives the team the same zero sacks in the role that he has for the past two years.

Taco has been auditioning for other teams IMHO. His youth, upside and contract are very tradeable.

Conversely, you couldn't get a conditional seventh rounder for Crawford and that awful contract. I'd hate to see a first rounder traded away at a huge loss so we can keep grossly overpaying a non-starter.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DE
  1. DLaw
  2. Hyder
  3. Armstrong
  4. Taco
  5. Joe Jackson
DT
  1. M.Collins
  2. Woods
  3. Hill
  4. Covington

DE/DT Crawford
  • Cost to keep 7M.
    • Will he start in 2019?
  • Wise
  • Walker
  • Soto

Home Depot
  • Daniel Ross
Excellent post as usual.

Jenks and Wise will be on active NFL rosters this year but possibly not before week 3.
DAL values those quality rookie contract guys so I can definitely see Taco being trade bait.
Crawford has finaly become a value contract after 3-4 years so dont see him at any risk.
He is the guy DLaw points to as his mentor BTW.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Do the other 31 NFL teams yank their RDE "starter" off the field at the hint of a passing play?

And shame on them if they haven't. Shame on them if they're still costing themselves $9 million for a guy without an actual starting job.

And gives the team the same zero sacks in the role that he has for the past two years.

Conversely, you couldn't get a conditional seventh rounder for Crawford and that awful contract. I'd hate to see a first rounder traded away at a huge loss so we can keep grossly overpaying a non-starter.
Not even gonna waste either of our time with a TCraw debate.
He is a starter and the team loves him.
He has started every game he has played since his rookie year. 4 years... nothing but starts.
He had 5.5 sacks last year not 0 which is 1.5 sacks more than the Eagles highest returning DE.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not even gonna waste either of our time with a TCraw debate.

And yet you proceed to try to do just that.

He is a starter
In name only. A "defensive end" moved from defensive end if there might actually be a passing play. Some "starter".

and the team loves him.

Who cares? It doesn't make him a good football player or mean it's a good decision. They also "love" Jeff Heath and that guy sucks at his job too. Who and what the team "loves" isn't always the best decision.

He has started every game he has played since his rookie year. 4 years... nothing but starts.

And? It speaks to lack of options, not anything this overpaid player is doing well.

He had 5.5 sacks last year not 0 which is 1.5 sacks more than the Eagles highest returning DE.

Zero of which came at his "starting" RDE spot. I've done my homework, you should do yours.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excellent post as usual.

Jenks and Wise will be on active NFL rosters this year but possibly not before week 3.
DAL values those quality rookie contract guys so I can definitely see Taco being trade bait.
Crawford has finaly become a value contract after 3-4 years so dont see him at any risk.
He is the guy DLaw points to as his mentor BTW.

"Value contract".
:lmao: