It was me and todd huth
Fishin’ shark & stingray
Out of bohuas lagoon
Well hey, hey, hey I’ll be screwed,
Blued and tatooed
Looks like I got me one of them fish on
Fish on.

:thumbup:

If you've ever been deep sea fishing, that's what you say when you've got one on your line ... "fish on" ...

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
:shootme:

You bet! Primus is one of the coolest band there is ... VERY original ... I bet I could knock someone off of my top 10 list with them ...

I've seen them numerous times ... they should really be up there on my list.

And while I think you're kidding, I serioulsy do believe Les Claypool is a good song writer ... not exactly deep, but good ... on of my favorite songs by Primus is Fish On ... And with Primus, there is more than just lyrics ... you look at them musically and they're phenominal ... like Hendrix ..

I'll post the lyrics because they're so impressive.

I was trying to be funny... but, I like Primus, too... but, with songs like Wynona's Big Brown Beaver... well, I think you get my point.... lol

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
I was trying to be funny... but, I like Primus, too... but, with songs like Wynona's Big Brown Beaver... well, I think you get my point.... lol

And she stuck him up in the air ....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
He's a great song writer ...

Never has a writer done so much with 3 chords.

Great stuff.

Free Falling is a good example. One guitar lick for the entire song. And it's a great song.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
10 in no particular order :

1. beatles
2. led zeppelin
3. ac/dc
4. lynyrd skynyrd
5. eagles
6. scorpions
7. aerosmith
8. motley crue
9. ozzy osbourne
10. alice in chains

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Never has a writer done so much with 3 chords.

Great stuff.

Free Falling is a good example. One guitar lick for the entire song. And it's a great song.

Free falling is different variations of D ...

But I know what you're talking about ... G,C and D ...

:laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
1- Hedrix

2 - Led Zeplin

3 - Beatles

4 - Red Hot Chili Peppers

5 - Parliment

6 - Black Crows

7 - Bob Marley

8 - Tom Petty

9 - Willie Nelson

10 - Cake

You know I love P-Funk and Marley....but they are not rock bands.

Make my funk the P-Funk...I want to get Funked Up.

Love the P-Funk.

Mash

Reaction score
1) Hendrix
2) Led
3) Floyd
4) Beatles
5) Stones
6) Who
7) Sabbath
8) ACDC
9) The Doors
10) Cream

Hendrix....was ahead of his time......and we could only hear the tip of the iceberg on his vision because of his early death due to sleeping pills. His live album on New Years in 69-70 is a classic.

jman

Reaction score
Ten Greatest...In alphabetical order...

1) AC/DC
2) Beatles
3) Boston
4) Cream
5) Deep Purple
6) Eagles
7) Led Zeppelin
8) Pink Floyd
9) Rolling Stones
10) Van Halen

Honorable Mention: Black Sabbath

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hoov said:
Silver Bear, i like little feet too. Their music just kinda puts you in a certain groove, (real happy, amped up and raedy to go party with good friends).

Also since your a dead fan, got any ***** picks albums ? (live cuts that were released after Jerry left us)... i've got 4 or 5, love the way they'll do the same songs but totally different tempo or beat on the different albums, and the improvised jam sessions are great !!

I've heard some of those cuts, but don't own any of them... the only Dead album I own is "Reckoning"...

Like you, I really enjoy it when artists take their songs and re-cast them in a slightly different mold... Springsteen will take a rocker like "Born To Run", and play it as a ballad... the Eagles really impressed me with their almost flamenco-style rendition of "Hotel California" on the "H*ll Freezes Over" album...

But the Dead have been doing that practically since the start... Jerry Garcia was asked why they did that, and he basically said they just played it the way they felt on that night... it was never anything planned, it was just more or less an ad lib...

I do enjoy that kind of spontaneity, and I think that's what makes a true DeadHead a DeadHead... I don't think I really qualify, since I only own one album, one T-shirt, and never had the chance to see them in concert... that latter is one of my great disappointments in life... oh, and I DO have a Grateful Dead Dancing Bears headcover on my brassie... like Tiger Woods has a Tiger headcover on his driver, I have a Panda bear headcover on my driver, and my Dancing Bear headcover on my brassie...

silverbear

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
My money is on the Eagles because, as you state, you are a Folk fan...yet, while these guys can sing some mellow stuff...and sing it REALLY well...they can also play their backsides off...Felder (since gone) was a great guitar player...Walsh is not exactly a slouch either...I've seen them live a half dozen times (a few months ago was the last time) and those vocals are ON THE NOSE live as well.

The acoustic guitar work on "Hotel California" on their "H*ll Freezes Over" album just blew me away... they were like 16-20 bars into the intro before I even recognized what song they were playing... it wasn't until the bass line kicked in that I got a clue, LOL...

Creedence was the ultimate American rock and roll band. They had balls....I've seen Fogerty live a bunch of times as well...and it's amazing when you hear song after song that are simply great. For me, rock and roll never got better than the song Born On The Bayou...and later, Fortunate Son. The ballsiest anti-war song ever written.

I read an interesting story about Fogarty back when he released "Centerfield" after a long hiatus following the breakup of CCR... seems he bought a place back in the woods up in Oregon, and built his own sound studio... and over the next few years, he sat down and taught himself how to play every instrument he contemplated using for the songs he wrote for "Centerfield"... IIRC, he is the only musician on that album...

I always thought that was quite impressive...

silverbear

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I agree on MTV. It is for the mindless musicians. For instance, you can have 450lb woman with a great voice and exceptional talent ... but she'll never get a contract because she doesn't look that part of Brittney Spears.

You're right, Mama Cass Elliott would never have been a star if she'd come along 20-30 years later...

And that's just too bad... nowadays, the look seems to be more important than the sound... chalk it up to living in the video age...

Some of rock's best musicians have been uglier than a mud fence, LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Some of the deepest songs were written under the influence of drugs. It opens up perspective.

And Edgar Allen Poe was a serious cokehead...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I am sorry but I just dont see the Beatles as a Rock Band.

A 60's rock and roll band...Yes. But a rock band ? No.

Noone's list seems to include Chuck Berry and his Band, nor Elvis and his band.

Granted there was a star and then the band but still. Currently I cant think of a "Rock band" with a single star as the lead artist when called upon.

I guess that in reality (at least in my twisted reality), the perception of what a "Rock Band" is has changed dramatically over my lifetime.

When I was a kid Kiss, Def Leppard, AC/DC, etc., where "Rock Bands" Now anyone who isnt Pop, R&B, Alternative, Metal, etc.,are considered "Rock" . At least it seems that way.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Springsteen, Little Feat, and the Allman Brothers can get me pirty fer down the highway.

And I fancy some early Elvis now and then.:yourock:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
silverbear said:
I've heard some of those cuts, but don't own any of them... the only Dead album I own is "Reckoning"...

check out "blues for allah". doesn't get the pub of albums like "american beauty" - but kicks butt severely. also one of the best album covers i've ever seen.

Gaede

Reaction score
The Band has to get some recognition. At a time when every group was looking to show off (solo here, solo there), these guys went out and made music as a band. There's no showing off; no celebrities; no man better than the other; great songwriting, song composition and group cohesion...

Counter-counter culture; at one point considered as important as the Stones and the Beatles.

Just thought I'd drop their name--my personal favourite group of all time

Trophy#6

Reaction score
Nirvana (The biggest thing for rock since Elvis...and to think so many blame them for singlehandedly "killing" rock in the early 90's...hell, they revived it)
Marilyn Manson (You can not, not, include him...he has statements to make and he makes them, period...that's what rock is all about, not catchy 70's radio)
Motley Crue (The badboys of rock...if you can't appreciate them, then you don't understand what the word "rock" really means)
White Stripes (Jack White is f****ng brilliant and only a matter of time before he takes his place amungst the rock gods)
The Doors (Jim Morrison, enuff-)
Guns 'N Roses (A big flaming pile of dog dooey after Appetite For Destruction...but that one album alone is qualification for the true rock god hall of fame)
Black Sabbath (They had Ozzy...Ozzy is Rock!)
Led Zeppelin (Gods....now if they would just quit whoring themselves everywhere like Kiss and Metallica.........The P. Diddy song in 99' with Jimmy was just too much)
Metallica (What they did up too and through, the Black Album, can not be undone...they are certifiable rock gods----just too damn bad about the last 13 years.)
Sex Pistols (Was as big of an influance on music for the last 20 years as Zep, Sabbath, Beatles and anyone else you can name)

In some order involving those 10 bands. And forget about alot of the bands people have listed here...nothing but glorified pop bands with a "rock" label. The differance between some of the bands is like the difference between Vanilla Ice and Ice T, night and day, Dallas Cowboys and Washington Commanders.