News: 10 Observations from Wednesday's OTA Practice

speedkilz88

Reaction score
zkreei88p7urjlw6v4uq.jpg

10 Observations from Wednesday's OTA Practice

• The battle for WR3 is off to the races, literally, as Jalen Tolbert and Jalen Brooks were both targeted by Dak Prescott in first-team duties during full team drills, but KaVontae Turpin was not to be denied — targeted heavily in 7-on-7 drills and catching at least one deep fade in full team drills from Prescott. - Walker

• Trey Lance had several well-placed throws in full team reps to open practice — including in traffic over the middle that only undrafted wide receiver Corey Crooms (5'11") was in position to elevate and grab (it was completed), as Lance looks far more comfortable in his process now. - Walker

• Looking at some of the defensive rookies, Marshawn Kneeland won several reps against the Cowboys' starting offensive line while Marist Liufau spent most of his practice time rotating between the first and second team; as cornerback Caelen Carson was assigned to the boundary for all of his reps (and not the nickel). - Walker

• As Lance continues to grow more comfortable, he has found a pair of receiving weapons that have proved to be consistent for him: rookie Ryan Flournoy and Jalen Cropper. Flournoy displayed strong hands on a pair of difficult grabs on Wednesday while Cropper was able to make grabs in tight windows and leak across the middle of the field for would-be yards after catch. - Harris

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
zkreei88p7urjlw6v4uq.jpg

• The battle for WR3 is off to the races, literally, as Jalen Tolbert and Jalen Brooks were both targeted by Dak Prescott in first-team duties during full team drills, but KaVontae Turpin was not to be denied — targeted heavily in 7-on-7 drills and catching at least one deep fade in full team drills from Prescott. - Walker

• Trey Lance had several well-placed throws in full team reps to open practice — including in traffic over the middle that only undrafted wide receiver Corey Crooms (5'11") was in position to elevate and grab (it was completed), as Lance looks far more comfortable in his process now. - Walker

• Looking at some of the defensive rookies, Marshawn Kneeland won several reps against the Cowboys' starting offensive line while Marist Liufau spent most of his practice time rotating between the first and second team; as cornerback Caelen Carson was assigned to the boundary for all of his reps (and not the nickel). - Walker

• As Lance continues to grow more comfortable, he has found a pair of receiving weapons that have proved to be consistent for him: rookie Ryan Flournoy and Jalen Cropper. Flournoy displayed strong hands on a pair of difficult grabs on Wednesday while Cropper was able to make grabs in tight windows and leak across the middle of the field for would-be yards after catch. - Harris
Thanks for posting. Isn’t it nice to have some action to talk about?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
zkreei88p7urjlw6v4uq.jpg

by Dallas Cowboys Mailbag, Nick Harris & Patrik Walker

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Sounds good op. Thanks for posting. I think I’m ready to move on from the Green Bay loss and get excited for the preseason and the season.

I honestly knew we’d lose that game when a woman teacher at my son’s school (the Friday before the game) was attacked from behind by a female 8th grader. She reversed her position and pummeled the girl.

When my son told me the teacher had on a Packer’s shirt I got a bad feeling and should’ve been more ready for an L.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Still makes no sense to me. Not sure what the Cowboys lost that was so valuable and won't be replaced.
I agree, we didn't lose anything that can't be replaced. I see no reason we can't get back in the playoffs. Year two of the Texas Coast offense should be better. So we just need Zimmer's D to be better than what we had last year.