10 worst QB situations in the NFL

waving monkey

Reaction score
Except his bad games came from regression and the loss of a couple players....

Bad games will happen, the reasons the bad games happened are what bothers people. He's going into his 3rd season and he's still trying to figure out how to get his feet set right...

you don't know that yet.
The coaches and Dak admit he has work to do. Tony Romo has some bad habits also but improved each year.
Dak works hard at his craft he'll be better each year

waving monkey

Reaction score
Dak; “I mean, kind of the footwork. Footwork in the pocket. The subtle movement,” Prescott said when asked what he is working on during OTAs. “Being an athlete I guess when I take a move sometimes it’s bigger than I necessarily need to. You watch guys that have been in this league awhile, (New England Patriots quarterback Tom) Brady is the best example. Sometimes he barely moves, and the defensive end or somebody flies by him. Being the athlete I am sometimes it’s just toning that down and not necessarily moving a full yard, or it’s just barely scooting up here and there but keeping my feet in the same position. Footwork is definitely something I’m trying to get better at.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article212252434.html#storylink=cpy

mattjames2010

Reaction score
you don't know that yet.
The coaches and Dak admit he has work to do. Tony Romo has some bad habits also but improved each year.
Dak works hard at his craft he'll be better each year

....Romo had some decision making problems early in his career. His footwork and mechanics were fine.

This is two seasons in a row Prescott has come out and stated he needs to improve his footwork. Last year he came right out and said his mind and feet aren't going well together.

This is not something I want to be hearing from a guy who could very well be pushing for a big contract shortly. You either get it at this point or you do not.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why wasn't it fixed in college or high school... how's he going to fix his pocket awareness and slow reads.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I don’t think the list is great, but people seem to be getting a bit carried away with how bad it is. It’s not just the quality of the starters, but who is behind them.

Dak has shown some good stuff in this league so far...and some not so good stuff. But those behind him have shown nothing at all.

I’m pretty sure you’re 100% correct. It’s an analysis of all QBs on each team’s roster, not just the starter. While I don’t agree with our ranking, our two backups as of right now are a 2nd year UDFA and a rookie 5th round pick. One or both might turn out to have good careers, but they’re essentially unknowns right now.

waving monkey

Reaction score
....Romo had some decision making problems early in his career. His footwork and mechanics were fine.

This is two seasons in a row Prescott has come out and stated he needs to improve his footwork. Last year he came right out and said his mind and feet aren't going well together.

This is not something I want to be hearing from a guy who could very well be pushing for a big contract shortly. You either get it at this point or you do not.
different problems with different QB's their solvable just like Tony,no different another then the athletics foot work. His working on it.
That bad foot work the first season was a disaster

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Dak; “I mean, kind of the footwork. Footwork in the pocket. The subtle movement,” Prescott said when asked what he is working on during OTAs. “Being an athlete I guess when I take a move sometimes it’s bigger than I necessarily need to. You watch guys that have been in this league awhile, (New England Patriots quarterback Tom) Brady is the best example. Sometimes he barely moves, and the defensive end or somebody flies by him. Being the athlete I am sometimes it’s just toning that down and not necessarily moving a full yard, or it’s just barely scooting up here and there but keeping my feet in the same position. Footwork is definitely something I’m trying to get better at.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article212252434.html#storylink=cpy
Good article Dak is paying attention He should watch some Romo and Staubach film

Buzzbait

Reaction score
....Romo had some decision making problems early in his career.
His footwork and mechanics were fine.

That's total boloney! I was a Romo fan from day 1 and I watched the Romo haters attack Romo day after day, constantly for his so-called "happy feet"!
When they weren't crying about his "happy feet" they were crying that he couldn't win the big games. Or they were crying about Cabo. Or they were crying over the way he wore his cap backwards. Just like we're hearing all the hate crap about Dak, they were spewing the same hate crap about Romo.

Romo's footwork was NOT fine when he got started, but he GREW and IMPROVED. As he did, his critics and haters had to crawl back under their rocks.

Last edited:

waving monkey

Reaction score
That's total boloney! I was a Romo fan from day 1 and I watched the Romo haters attack Romo day after day, constantly for his so-called "happy feet"!
If you can tell me you don't remember that term applied to Romo, then you're too young to remember or you weren't watching. Over on the DC forum we heard that "happy feet" crap over and over and over just like we keep hearing all the crap from the Dak haters now.
Romo's footwork was NOT fine when he got started, but he GREW and IMPROVED. As he did, his critics and haters had to crawl back under their rocks.
:clap:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bottom line is winning. Without his winning wave in 2016 he’d be just another good backup QB.

Stop the criticism and Just win!

We won’t care how you drive the bus to a championship.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Bottom line is winning. Without his winning wave in 2016 he’d be just another good backup QB.

You can't discount Dak's 2016 campaign good try but no sale.
Now it's what have you done for me lately.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I expect the pass game to be BIG problem for us this year with a lack of explosive plays but Dak will only be a small part of it.
How can Dak be a small part of it when he is the guy that throws the ball. Only way you dont blame Dak is if its hitting the WR in the hands and he is dropping it. Even if the WRs struggle to get open all we hear about is how accurate Dak is according to stats. Dont get me wrong I like Dak but if he plays like he did last 8 games he needs to be benched!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can't discount Dak's 2016 campaign good try but no sale.
Now it's what have you done for me lately.
But we can if that Rookie season rosed over our eyes bringing another era of mediocrity , frustration and disappointment.

In the end that Rookie season didn’t bing us any more success than the rest of this disappointing era.

I’m not discounting his remarkable Rookie season anymore than I would have RG3’s but until it manifest into something more..

And why when your the QB or HC ..winning matters.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How can Dak be a small part of it when he is the guy that throws the ball. Only way you dont blame Dak is if its hitting the WR in the hands and he is dropping it. Even if the WRs struggle to get open all we hear about is how accurate Dak is according to stats. Dont get me wrong I like Dak but if he plays like he did last 8 games he needs to be benched!

Because we lack weapons and we lack coaches that create concepts that the defense isn’t prepared for.

TWOK11

Reaction score
You're easily impressed. Look at the throws. Rather, look at the lack of ability to make tough throws.

Since the start of 2016, only three QBs have a higher completion % on contested passes and only two on passes thrown under pressure.

If anything, Dak has been more mediocre on throws from the pocket when not pressured. He's "only" 8th in that category.

GMO415

Reaction score
By putting Dal in the top 5, they wanted people to read it. It's all a ploy and they wrote some superficial jargon that the masses have already spouted.

waving monkey

Reaction score
But we can if that Rookie season rosed over our eyes bringing another era of mediocrity , frustration and disappointment.

In the end that Rookie season didn’t bing us any more success than the rest of this disappointing era.

I’m not discounting his remarkable Rookie season anymore than I would have RG3’s but until it manifest into something more..

And why when your the QB or HC ..winning matters.[/
Sanchez and Roethlisberger are among the six rookie quarterbacks whose teams reached conference championship games. The others are Pat Haden with the Los Angeles Rams in 1976, Dieter Brock with the Rams in '85, Shaun King with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1999, and Joe Flacco with the Baltimore Ravens in 2008.Jan 13, 2017