10 worst QB situations in the NFL

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
....Romo had some decision making problems early in his career. His footwork and mechanics were fine.

This is two seasons in a row Prescott has come out and stated he needs to improve his footwork. Last year he came right out and said his mind and feet aren't going well together.

This is not something I want to be hearing from a guy who could very well be pushing for a big contract shortly. You either get it at this point or you do not.
Wrong. Romos footwork was not fine. Also, footwork is a piece of throwing mechanics.

mcmvp

Reaction score
By all means, pull up a game, against one of the best defenses in the league, in his rookie season, which the team won, and use that as an argument against him.

I hear what you’re saying, but it isn’t exactly an argument ‘for’ him either. Whenever a team only attempts 18 passes in a game, it is clear they are trying to limit the responsibilities of their own QB.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
He failed to pass for 200 yards in 8 games last year.

No outlier.

I hope this year is different.

When you are only passing the ball between 20 and the low 30s it's hard to have great numbers unless the completion are amazing.

Go look at the number of pass attempts someone like Aaron Rodgers has and it's more in the 40s which allows for more yards....even when he dips into the 20s to low 30s he struggles.

Dak had a few bad games last year but also had some where he didn't throw the ball much and they won...all depends on how the offense is run and ours is heavily weighted to run

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I too understand where you are coming from.

I took it as it was part of the game plan against MN specifically. You play to win the game not pad stats, in my mind.

Don’t know if that was the case or not and depending on which side of the blame game you are on one may see it different.

I hear what you’re saying. But it isn’t exactly an argument ‘for’ him either. Whenever a team only attempts 18 passes in a game, it is clear they are trying to limit the responsibilities of their own QB.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I hear what you’re saying, but it isn’t exactly an argument ‘for’ him either. Whenever a team only attempts 18 passes in a game, it is clear they are trying to limit the responsibilities of their own QB.

I’m not the one using it to strengthen my argument.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I’m not the one using it to strengthen my argument.

In the context of the argument, he made a good point. It’s much easier to achieve a good passer rating on limited attempts when the offense is built to go through the running game and that running game is working.

Dak was efficient with those limited attempts, so there is no knock on him for that...but that wasn’t the point. The point was that passer rating can’t be looked at in a vacuum. It’s really not the same for all QBs since they have varying responsibilities that are asked of them.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Strange list that just doesn't look like a ton of thought was put into it. It does not take into account the totality of the depth chart.

So who would take Cam Newton, Garrett Gilbert and Taylor Heinicke over Prescott, Rush and White?

Blake Bortles, Cody Kessler and Tanner Lee?

Even if you think Prescott is trash, I don't see how Dallas is worse off.

ESisback

Reaction score
A collection of variables affects a QB’s rankings—both statistically AND the much more subjective “eye test” opinions of fans. A lot of “ifs” come into play, and all any of us can really do is speculate, but I think it’s safe to say that most of us think he needs to improve his footwork and reads (which would also help improve his accuracy). Other factors include the health of the OL, availability of his RB1, the number of viable options at WR and TE, the play calling, game planning and adjustments, injuries, officiating, and plain old luck.

I’ve always believed that a “perfect storm” of variables is the shortest path to Lombardi’s. IMHO, the clouds are gathering. Then again, most normal people are more hopeful and optimistic this time of year...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
True.
He spent a lot of time upgrading both his footwork and (3/4) delivery.
He did that, but it wasn’t overnight.
That's what most of the anti-Dak crowd do. Compare 2 seasons to other QB's entire career.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
[
Dak routinely has about 85 yards passing late in the 3rd quarter.

He's a bus driver. Nothing more.

All Aboard ...........amazing how some of these guys are happy having INEPT Dak as our QB ....makes you wonder if there really Cowboy fans?:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not rare for Dak.

Against Minnesota....12 for 18, 139 yards, 1 TD, 108 rating.

That's a little more than a first quarter for great quarterbacks.

Yep Dak lives in the land of Tim Tebow ......where the above stats are pretty much all he has to give baby......6 games without a TD pass....8 games under 200 Yards.....1 game for 300 yards against the RIP Giants and those were dinkers that went for long yards...look up in the sky...its a Bird ....no no...its a Plane....no no....its Panic Dak getting sacked again as he needs 10 seconds to throw the ball.....:omg:

erod

Reaction score
That's what most of the anti-Dak crowd do. Compare 2 seasons to other QB's entire career.
As Troy Aikman and others say, you're either accurate, or you're not. You don't develop that at this level. Yes, you can get in better position to not make as bad of throws, but if you can't hit small windows by now, you never will.

They're trying to change the offense so he doesn't have to. We'll see of it works.

I don't doubt his resolve or his composure, but he's not an NFL pocket passer. He isn't a guy that can utilize players like Julio Jones properly because he doesn't like those throws and routes.

We'll see what approach they take. I'm concerned complete defenses like Philly will eat it up though.

Jipper

Reaction score
[

All Aboard ...........amazing how some of these guys are happy having INEPT Dak as our QB ....makes you wonder if there really Cowboy fans?:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I wonder with your posts if you are baiting people to argue with you or if actually believe what you post

Jipper

Reaction score
As Troy Aikman and others say, you're either accurate, or you're not. You don't develop that at this level. Yes, you can get in better position to not make as bad of throws, but if you can't hit small windows by now, you never will.

They're trying to change the offense so he doesn't have to. We'll see of it works.

I don't doubt his resolve or his composure, but he's not an NFL pocket passer. He isn't a guy that can utilize players like Julio Jones properly because he doesn't like those throws and routes.

We'll see what approach they take. I'm concerned complete defenses like Philly will eat it up though.

He was very accurate as a rookie and I think a lot of the issues last year stemmed from losing the lt and spending a lot of time on his back...this year will be very telling though

erod

Reaction score
Yep Dak lives in the land of Tim Tebow ......where the above stats are pretty much all he has to give baby......6 games without a TD pass....8 games under 200 Yards.....1 game for 300 yards against the RIP Giants and those were dinkers that went for long yards...look up in the sky...its a Bird ....no no...its a Plane....no no....its Panic Dak getting sacked again as he needs 10 seconds to throw the ball.....:omg:
Lol, I'm not as hard on him as you, but you make me chuckle routinely.

He's got a long way to go for sure. I'm rooting like hell for him though because he's our only chance to avoid years of suckiness.

erod

Reaction score
He was very accurate as a rookie and I think a lot of the issues last year stemmed from losing the lt and spending a lot of time on his back...this year will be very telling though
As a rookie, he rolled out and hit Beasley and Witten all year on short routes.

The league figured this out late his rookie year and began forcing him to stay in the pocket and throw downfield by bracketing Beasley.

He's struggled mightily since.

Jipper

Reaction score
Lol, I'm not as hard on him as you, but you make me chuckle routinely.

He's got a long way to go for sure. I'm rooting like hell for him though because he's or our only chance to avoid years of suckiness.

Agreed...i don't want to go back to the early 2000s again...5-11 sucks