105.3: Beef between Richard and Bloom

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I heard this while coming home. Fish said the DC and HC didn’t resolve the issue but made it seem like Bloom went to Stephen directly. (I could have heard wrong) which is why SJ resolved it.

he also went on to say there shouldn’t be former players who can walk into practices and coach current players and hang out and interrupt practices. He said Jerry gives former players too much freedom to do this.

One of the hosts said a few names but when they said Charles Haley fish kind of got nervous. He mentioned that the player he was referring to is crazy though.

I’m sure there will be tweets about this later.

Lets see them try this chit with McCarthy...……….former players walk into his practice and start hanging out with the players.

McCarthy be like, "are you lost? are you looking for the restroom? If not, get the hell out":angry:

Dre11

Reaction score
Lets see them try this chit with McCarthy...……….former players walk into his practice and start hanging out with the players.

McCarthy be like, "are you lost? are you looking for the restroom? If not, get the hell out":angry:

Lol and you know this how? he couldn't hand Rodgers. this is something Jerry allows.it happens on most teams . he allows Haley to come back and D-ware and there were former players on the staff

Dre11

Reaction score
I heard this while coming home. Fish said the DC and HC didn’t resolve the issue but made it seem like Bloom went to Stephen directly. (I could have heard wrong) which is why SJ resolved it.

he also went on to say there shouldn’t be former players who can walk into practices and coach current players and hang out and interrupt practices. He said Jerry gives former players too much freedom to do this.

One of the hosts said a few names but when they said Charles Haley fish kind of got nervous. He mentioned that the player he was referring to is crazy though.

I’m sure there will be tweets about this later.

that's not how I heard it. it was handled, I think you're talking about the San Jay Lal going to Stephen. Bloom was sent home by Jason and he said it was the flu. the guys he was talking about was guys on the staff. Haley was a guest coach, Lett was on the staff, Phillip Tanner was on the staff and Andre Gurode. this has been a thing since Parcells. it happens across the league, In was in the ravens locker room and Lewis is in there, Reed too

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Yeah there’s a certain part of this fanbase trying to make Jaylon out to be some egotistical clown but it’s not working for me. He does his swipe thing. Guys celebrate every play. Some guys do it losing by 30 points.
What were we down the one time Jaylon celebrated, 21? Is there a certain amount of points down that makes it ok in your book?

Just curious, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Maybe I'm from years gone past because I cannot stand celebrations after every play....tackle after 5 yard run and someone gets up dancing. Doesn't make sense to me.

But hey, no one cares what I think, as it should be. The excessive celebrations make players look silly in my book. Probably part of the reason I don't cuss or throw things during a lose like I did 20 years ago.

twc562

Reaction score
that's not how I heard it. it was handled, I think you're talking about the San Jay Lal going to Stephen. Bloom was sent home by Jason and he said it was the flu. the guys he was talking about was guys on the staff. Haley was a guest coach, Lett was on the staff, Phillip Tanner was on the staff and Andre Gurode. this has been a thing since Parcells. it happens across the league, In was in the ravens locker room and Lewis is in there, Reed too

Why did Lal go to Stephen Jones?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He acted like a fool in the Bears game.
It looked really bad.
Not sure how anyone who watched could think otherwise.
I was more upset that the team lost than what celebrations they were doing to be honest. I was more upset they had him guarding Allen Robinson.

The Natural

Reaction score
iu
This was the freaking LB coach? Yea im gonna have to side with Richard then. This cat looks charmin soft and the type to go rat, it probably rubbed off on the guys

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Richard should go for a couple of reasons

1) he is another legacy of the group of golden child prodigy staff members that Jerry fell in love with. We need a staff that’s loyal to McCarthy first and foremost

2) did anyone watch what happened to our LB/DB play last year? I want a DB coach who schemes DH’s coaches for turnovers.we were awful in that regard
My opinion....head coach hires his coordinators....now Nolan selects his position coaches.
But only on defense, since Moore is a holdover and will be learning McCarthy’s offense.

Dre11

Reaction score
Why did Lal go to Stephen Jones?

I was wrong. Stephen stepped in on the Richard and Bloom rift. Lal had the issue with Amari, but nobody is saying what that rift was.

Dre11

Reaction score
shortround was right Stephen did step in the Richard and Bloom rift.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And where was the HC during all of this. Absent I assume.

Handling things the same way he handled all conflict, by staying out of the way.

There's a fight or flight response in people when placed in those situations, take a look at how Garrett 'handled' the Greg Hardy outburst a few years back:

It's like 'Where's Waldo' trying to 'find' the head coach in the ****, but it's indicative of exactly how Jason Garrett handles confrontation.

The term is milquetoast.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Use him at what he is good at.

The fact he signed a contract should not in any way determine what he does in the scope of the scheme.

This is a big part of the problem in Dallas.

You use players in the way that they are best equipped.

You start thinking that since he got money that he is ready for the step up in accountability?

We all figured out little Jaylon was not ready.

Start by playing him at strongside linebacker where he belongs, and playing forward, not backward. It's the team's problem that they paid huge money to a strongside linebacker, but use him where he fits best.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Richard was the DC and called the plays. They just let Marinelli keep the title because it would be awkward to demote a guy like that on paper.

More 'awkward' than the farce they ended up with? This speaks to dysfunction. One guy does the job, the other keeps the title. Not right, no matter the spin put on it.