105.3: Beef between Richard and Bloom

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
iu

He looks like a serious bad arse.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I really thought Richard would finish this year as a legitimate candidate to be the HC this year, I really didn't expect the defense to fall off like this under him. The Special Teams was the worst coach I probably ever saw, but Richard definitely disappointed this year.

But it would be awesome if he went back to being Secondary Coach, he might be the best at that of anyone in the league.

I initially loved his enthusiasm and teaching approach but soured on his play calling and lack of teaching the secondary guys to play the ball and jam receivers (I know he eventually was teaching jamming in game replays) but that was after they were getting abused for not doing so to begin with accordingly.

Lb’s to the back end played horribly and if he was calling plays it was abysmal.

Just really disappointed in his performance coordinating and teaching this last year, I could care less if he left at this point.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Richard should go for a couple of reasons

1) he is another legacy of the group of golden child prodigy staff members that Jerry fell in love with. We need a staff that’s loyal to McCarthy first and foremost

2) did anyone watch what happened to our LB/DB play last year? I want a DB coach who schemes DH’s coaches for turnovers.we were awful in that regard

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Richard should go for a couple of reasons

1) he is another legacy of the group of golden child prodigy staff members that Jerry fell in love with. We need a staff that’s loyal to McCarthy first and foremost

2) did anyone watch what happened to our LB/DB play last year? I want a DB coach who schemes DH’s coaches for turnovers.we were awful in that regard

Agree. I admit I fell in love with his rah-rah speeches and pressers 2 years ago. All it was was hot air

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's radio and telegraph communication jargon indicating that transmission signals are loud and clear. Measurements on an oscilloscope's amplitude and frequency scale on the x and y axis has 5 as the highest quality measure to test signal strength. So, if you say you are 5 x 5 to another radio operator, the vocal quality is as good as can be, or, "All is good."
The movie Alien has a female transport pilot saying she is, "In the pipe, and 5 x 5." 'In the pipe' means the aircraft's heading is true and radio communication is excellent. Most optimal conditions for a pilot hurtling through space with nothing but navigation technology and radio communication to stay safe.
The expression then became used in Blizzard's StarCraft video game.
Buffy writers used it as a geek reference.
IIRC, I have heard 5 X 5 used in other movies over the years, including Star Wars and Star Trek as well as other movies, perhaps Apocalypse Now, Redux.
In sailing, the same thing holds true. I used it when communicating with other sailboat team captains in regattas.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard this while coming home. Fish said the DC and HC didn’t resolve the issue but made it seem like Bloom went to Stephen directly. (I could have heard wrong) which is why SJ resolved it.

he also went on to say there shouldn’t be former players who can walk into practices and coach current players and hang out and interrupt practices. He said Jerry gives former players too much freedom to do this.

One of the hosts said a few names but when they said Charles Haley fish kind of got nervous. He mentioned that the player he was referring to is crazy though.

I’m sure there will be tweets about this later.
So the truth! Will it set them free?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
What the hell did JG even do then? I thought it was his job to "oversee" the coaching staff, but it sounds like he did nothing of the sort. People just sniping at each other, breakdowns between position coaches, etc. This was JG's make or break year and he did nothing to even save his own skin? What the hell is that?