105.3 ESPN Radio Dallas - Cowboy Talk

quickccc

Reaction score
ESPN Dallas?

I thought ESPN eliminated local Dallas area station and took it exclusively national?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Listen...............any fool can put their head down and grind out an extra yard or two every play. Im sure if thats what Pollard wanted to do, he could do it just fine. Give me the RB that is trying to make the play. Pollard is trying to run to daylight, make the big play, trying to score. THAT is the goal, to score.
WRONG! The goal is to fill the seats. Ask Jerry

blueblood70

Reaction score
anyone impressed with TPs 4.3 YPC last season and Zekes 4.0 trying to make a ridiculous point would be classified as as sports idiot..that comes the very show as p1 that was refereed to as the TIcket.

why lets see zeke has nearly 2.5 times MORE carries slightly lower average is expected with that many carries more then backup..

Zekes better and will always be better until proven otherwise..i hope they are both successful but tired of hearing about TP faster quicker and shiftier equating to all of 4.3 YPC..with 87-110 carries his average should be 5-6YPC like old Randal more meat on the bone stealer of drawers LOL What happened when we needed him the most , he dropped off when he had shot to be THE GUY..

when you are a change of pace hardly used back coming in fresh you should get more yards a defense lets up some gets tired well i expect more from QUAITY backup..

its like 2019 zeke had like 300 carries to pollards 87

zeke had 4.5 YPC more catches, more field time in blocking etc etc

Pollard 5.3 i believe well anyone who thinks that makes TP better again =sports idiot..

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Could very well be true.

Nothing's going to change structurally. We just have to hope he's got better instincts in final decisions than Jerry.
The hope would be he is too lazy to be bothered with day to day management.

Sadly, because of the press conference where he can't answer fundamental questions about players drafted, he fancies himself as an expert football man with 20 years of gm experience.

Not seeing the track record...sign prescott early? No. Break the bank on a 2nd RB contract? NO
Build a solid defensive front? No
Hard knocks? No
McCarthy? NO

MikeB80

Reaction score
ESPN Dallas?

I thought ESPN eliminated local Dallas area station and took it exclusively national?

Yes the the op is confused. 105.3 the fan (cbs) is the Cowboys station and then their is the ticket and espn radio 103.3 but it’s all national shows.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Sadly, because of the press conference where he can't answer fundamental questions about players drafted, he fancies himself as an expert football man with 20 years of gm experience.

Not seeing the track record...sign prescott early? No. Break the bank on a 2nd RB contract? NO
Hard knocks? No
McCarthy? NO
So--what are you trying to say?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hard knocks? No
McCarthy? NO

His lack of a work ethic isn't surprising. He's never had to work a day in his life. He's had everything handed to him by daddy.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I caught a small portion of the Dallas ESPN radio show on the Cowboys. Somethings to discuss, I suppose.

There is an analytics on running backs. They spoke mostly about Pollard.

The criteria here is when a RB hits the line, does that RB hit the hole designed, or runs to daylight. Daylight here is a rather fluid term since this really means the RB is ad libbing.

They stated Pollard was at the top in making people miss. This was a portion of the analytics they were speaking about. He can create his own hole. The caveat being there has to be some daylight to begin with.

Zeke and Pollard are polar opposites in style. While Pollard is slippery, he is second from the bottom in moving the spot when he gets resistance. Pollard will not get contact at the line of scrimmage and push out a yard or so.

Zeke, on the other hand, is a bull dozer and pushes the line of scrimmage forward with his power.

This is from memory and not verbatim. But this contains the gist of what they were expressing.

I got in late to this segment, so I didn't get all of it. But they were speculating this.

What if Dak and the team had not gone 13-3, but went something like 4-12. What would have been the Cowboys focus on draft day the following year.

Mahomes was drafted 10th.

A little later they ran a bit of a conversation with Stephen Jones. They asked him what is the one accomplishment he is proudest of since he assumed his role as heir apparent.

He said it is two things. One is AT&T stadium and the other is The Star. That he orchestrated those to deals to completion.

I suppose since he can't actually point to anything on the field, those would be highlights.

So they asked what was the whiff that he would do over.

He said he would have signed Dak the first time around. The talking heads suggested T J Watts instead of Taco Carlton should be the biggest regret. But Stephen was recorded and not speaking with them live.
this is why this team has not won in twenty five years because the ownership is more concerned about building fancy stadiums and practice fields then fielding to championship players.