Video: 105.3 Fan: Fox Sports Dave Helman on Roster Bubble this week

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Do you think he'll be given a little more latitude given that the Cowboys traded a '24 5th rounder to move to the front the 6th to take him?
Helman says they keep their draft picks but then says he's on the bubble. Conflicting lines of thought.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think Helman is going off of what he has recently seen from Scott. I don’t think he was aware of what he did early in camp. Scott play has dropped off recently. He not only struggled in the Jacksonville game, I noticed him being the corner getting getting beat for touchdowns in practice. Seattle game will be important for him.
I haven't watched the Jax game so I certainly don't have all the info. Thanks for catching me up.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Helman says they keep their draft picks but then says he's on the bubble. Conflicting lines of thought.
Yeah, noticed that too. If you watch the video though he was being thoughtful and diplomatic on his responses. The FAN guy really wanted to get some soundbites though and basically asked same question twice.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah, noticed that too. If you watch the video though he was being thoughtful and diplomatic on his responses. The FAN guy really wanted to get some soundbites though and basically asked same question twice.
I always had a mixed opinion of Helman. Sometimes he seemed to want to tell it straight but was also a keep selling the lemonade even when he knows it may have been pee'd in kind of guy.

McMicah

Reaction score

This is actually really well done. This guy is really watching what’s going on. For instance, Josh Ball is waaaay better than people think. The guy looked really good in that game. I don’t know about the order of the LB bubble guys but that’s literally the only place I disagree

Carson

Reaction score
Stephens hasn’t just had just one good preseason game. He’s been showing up all camp. The game production was an extension of what he’s been showing in Oxnard.

The same can’t be said for Hendershot or McKeon. I don’t think either of those guys are a lock.

I think they should go long at TE and keep four with either Hendershot or McKeon battling it out for the last spot.
Agreed.

At this point, I keep Stephen over Hendershot and McKeon.

Going to come down to keeping 4 TEs or keeping 3 + Leupke

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
This is actually really well done. This guy is really watching what’s going on. For instance, Josh Ball is waaaay better than people think. The guy looked really good in that game. I don’t know about the order of the LB bubble guys but that’s literally the only place I disagree
It is well done, but Ball is still trash.

Carson

Reaction score
I don’t think Ball has looked good since he got here.

However, like Joseph, there is no need to release them on a rookie contract. You may get lucky

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I don’t like seeing anyone get cut.

That being said, I am rooting for Stephens Jr over McKeon at TE4. Stephens Jr has great athletic potential ans an downfield threat, and I feel like we already know what McKeon brings to the table.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Another good video and fair take. More and more.... 105.3 establishing itself as a good Ticket replacement, and Fox as an ESPN replacement. Enjoy their takes and interviews.
  • Who is guy who went from "On the Bubble" to "Probably on the 53?"
    • Brutal reality of roster trimming is any given camp there are probably only 7-8 spots up for grab. Not as juicy as media wants you to think.
    • Too early to say anyone cemented themself, other than maybe Deuce Vaughn? But I think we all knew he was going to be on team as long as he showed he could play.
    • Devin Harper is answer. 7th round draft pick, nothing was sure on him. Nice preseason game. Big special teamer. Coaches love linebackers who can play ST.
  • Who is guy who went from "Probably on the 53" to "On the Bubble?"
    • TE is still a mystery except for Ferguson and Schoonmaker.
    • Three guys in the mix now. Hendershot, McKeon, Stephens.
      • Can't pencil Stephens in with just one preseason game. Someone always overrated in preseason with one good game. But dude obviously has skills.
      • No guarantee they keep more than 3 TEs. Maybe only 1 of the 3 TEs left makes it?
      • Hendershot not guaranteed a roster spot. McKeon been on team 3 years. Stephens now making a claim for himself.
      • A TE will not make this team that will make fans take notice.
  • Who is the "Dan Bailey cut?" A player who who was never considered bubble?
    • This team loves its rookies. Cowboys known for keeping their draft picks. Safe to assume all draft picks will make the team each year.
    • Eric Scott. Might have a tough job. Normal season he would stay.
      • Too much depth at corner. Special Teams Ace they may keep. Intriguing prospects.
      • Eric Scott may have a tough time making team if he doesn't have a great game next two preseason games.

Helman getting fat.

Rayman70

Reaction score
scott isnt getting cut. Thats hogwash. Unless he gets beat like a drum, he will be here.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Another good video and fair take. More and more.... 105.3 establishing itself as a good Ticket replacement, and Fox as an ESPN replacement. Enjoy their takes and interviews.
  • Who is guy who went from "On the Bubble" to "Probably on the 53?"
    • Brutal reality of roster trimming is any given camp there are probably only 7-8 spots up for grab. Not as juicy as media wants you to think.
    • Too early to say anyone cemented themself, other than maybe Deuce Vaughn? But I think we all knew he was going to be on team as long as he showed he could play.
    • Devin Harper is answer. 7th round draft pick, nothing was sure on him. Nice preseason game. Big special teamer. Coaches love linebackers who can play ST.
  • Who is guy who went from "Probably on the 53" to "On the Bubble?"
    • TE is still a mystery except for Ferguson and Schoonmaker.
    • Three guys in the mix now. Hendershot, McKeon, Stephens.
      • Can't pencil Stephens in with just one preseason game. Someone always overrated in preseason with one good game. But dude obviously has skills.
      • No guarantee they keep more than 3 TEs. Maybe only 1 of the 3 TEs left makes it?
      • Hendershot not guaranteed a roster spot. McKeon been on team 3 years. Stephens now making a claim for himself.
      • A TE will not make this team that will make fans take notice.
  • Who is the "Dan Bailey cut?" A player who who was never considered bubble?
    • This team loves its rookies. Cowboys known for keeping their draft picks. Safe to assume all draft picks will make the team each year.
    • Eric Scott. Might have a tough job. Normal season he would stay.
      • Too much depth at corner. Special Teams Ace they may keep. Intriguing prospects.
      • Eric Scott may have a tough time making team if he doesn't have a great game next two preseason games.

I feel badly for anyone that thinks Bobby Belt is in the know. Dave is decent but hes just wrong with Scott. Hes not getting cut. They would cut Wright before him.